r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

IMHO those are good changes, high level end game military stuff should only be in military installations like barracks and chopper crashes.  I wouldn't think common people living in residential apartments would have a military grade ghillie suit in the closet.

• Like 3

Loot bias is one thing. I'm also talking about the latest loot tables. What was the point of removing so much useful loot from school/office buildings, sniper rifles from General Military buildings; antibotics, crowbars, ALICE and Survival packs and clothing (Camo and Ghillie Suit) from Residential buildings plus putting most of the valuable loot to the only two barracks at NWAF? The new loot tables are ridiculous compared to, say, those that were in 1.7.6.1 since most part of the map is just useless now.

Cry, cry, and cry some more.

The point is this game has catered for the casual player for too long.

• Like 3

IMHO those are good changes, high level end game military stuff should only be in military installations like barracks and chopper crashes.  I wouldn't think common people living in residential apartments would have a military grade ghillie suit in the closet.

patch works good for me..i like how loot spawns now..beans everywhere felt too weird, tent was buggy though, lost it in a restart .

i must agree with the objections against removing some military/medical equiment from civilian loot tables:

-antibiotics are everywhere, no matter how a house has been looted, you should be able to find something to calm a fever, i loved to go back to brick houses to search for ABs, makes a small town worth a visit.

-ghillie..i'm ok with that, but camo is ridicolous..how many of those are you going to find if you scavenge an apartment building in a country with compulsory military service and where hunting is a common sport?

-backpacks: same thing as for camo. just add a colored model to sim a civilian camping backpack if you feel it's too gamey.

and when are we going to see a splint for those broken ''bones''?

patch works good for me..i like how loot spawns now..beans everywhere felt too weird, tent was buggy though, lost it in a restart .

i must agree with the objections against removing some military/medical equiment from civilian loot tables:

-antibiotics are everywhere, no matter how a house has been looted, you should be able to find something to calm a fever, i loved to go back to brick houses to search for ABs, makes a small town worth a visit.

-ghillie..i'm ok with that, but camo is ridicolous..how many of those are you going to find if you scavenge an apartment building in a country with compulsory military service and where hunting is a common sport?

-backpacks: same thing as for camo. just add a colored model to sim a civilian camping backpack if you feel it's too gamey.

and when are we going to see a splint for those broken ''bones''?

As soon as you create and code one.

• Like 2

One suggestion i'd make at this point

The object_build.sqf needs some work. The collision detection is way to picky.

There's no way you can block cars with tank traps etc atm cause it keeps saying

it failed to build. Even tho it is in fact not colliding at all (visually) i know the calculated

bounding box will ofc be colliding so that tells me that the system is failing. Seems to

be a difficult one to get just right isnt it Razor?

Also people dont seem to build camp anymore due to this, tent population dropped right

to about a 1/5 of what we used to have on 1.7.7.1 and i pin this down to the new placement

system and more of so the collision problems with it. So i hope this gets some daylight and

a possible tweak/fix or tonedown to it.

Other then that i really do like the last patches/updates and i cant wait to see 1.8.1 implemented

since it seems to promise some very interesting new systems!

Edited by UK431Soul

As soon as you create and code one.

it doesn't work with crafting some shit+the effect of morphine but added to the new recipe, does it?

i'd like to be able to do that, but i think it's my computer that uses me and not viceversa.

A makeshift timed splint would be great.  works for 10 minutes giving you time to try and find some morphine.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

We already have a splint model done we just need to find the time to get it added and coded. The nutrition system to bring food and water into the mix more is currently being worked on. Soon as someone finds the time they will be added :-)

• Like 3

I would love to help, but I don't know anything about coding in Arma.  Sorry bro.

• Like 1

We already have a splint model done we just need to find the time to get it added and coded. The nutrition system to bring food and water into the mix more is currently being worked on. Soon as someone finds the time they will be added :-)

sorry if it's offtopic, are we talking about something like: milk fills a bit both hunger and thirst and food makes you thirsty and a ration only partially fills your bar? it would be great.

tent population dropped right to about a 1/5 of what we used to have on 1.7.7.1 and i pin this down to the new placement

system and more of so the collision problems with it. S

Could be the saving tent glitch as well... dunno, if the private hive owners cared to fix the bug, like we did.

sorry if it's offtopic, are we talking about something like: milk fills a bit both hunger and thirst and food makes you thirsty and a ration only partially fills your bar? it would be great.

Pretty much as well as working(running,chopping,cycling) will lower your water/food more  We have also done some fixing to the temperature system not sure just yet the impact on this but time will tell.

Pretty much as well as working(running,chopping,cycling) will lower your water/food more  We have also done some fixing to the temperature system not sure just yet the impact on this but time will tell.

If you go down that road then you should also implement water rationing. It's not logical having to drink a full water canteen every 5 minutes (that you already had to find, fill at a water source, get all accessories required to boil it -hatchet, matches, wood, empty tin can- and then boil it). This kinda defies the purpose of water canteens. The average soda can holds 340ml of liquid (330 in Europe and Asia, 350 in US). The standard old military/camping olive green pvc canteen holds approximately 1litre (1qt). Not to mention that water is more likely to cure your thirst than the equivalent amount of liquid out of a soda beverage.

In a few words, if you are going to use an advanced -more realistic- nutrition/hydration system then you should have the water canteen providing 3-4 rations of water (if one 340ml soda can cure your thirst, then a 1000ml water canteen should do that 3 times right? And taking into consideration water is the best thing to drink when thirsty then these 3 rations could easily become 4.

If you want to reduce the endless running that indeed is a problem, then a stamina system should be thought out and implemented instead of half measures like having to drink vast amounts of water (which in real life would surely cause water poisoning and death) and eat 3 cows (similar effect) per day. That's just absurd and imo it breaks immersion.

Edited by h3l1x
  • Like 1

Here we go again the 'immersion' argument. Because it don't break immersion when a can of soda fills you up or carrying an engine around in your bag or well yea you get the point.

As it stands i'm not sure what your thinking for a nutrition system but for now all our systems are based on calories. For stage 1 there is no major effects out side of going thirsty and hungry and losing the normal 10 blood per sec (that has always been ingame).

a can of soda will have a calorie count that gives us a calculation for the amount of thirst it will refill. Water is 0 calorie's and is bigger so it fills you up. Same idea for food. 2/3 steaks (a cow holds 8 steaks)  pretty much gets you full.

Draining them due to work will be a very small number for example food and water drains 1 per sec no matter what you do currently but Chopping down wood adds an extra -10 for thirst and -10 for hunger.

So for that 1 tick (second) you lose 11 in place of the normal 1. If i remember correct it takes 48 hours for food to go from full to empty and 24 hours for water.

The only time you will really notice is trying to eat small tins of food/drink they just wont fill you as much until combined with other items.(Cooking).

There really isn't much more to the system for stage 1.

Anyway just as an example. 

• Like 3

I have developed Dayz 1.8.0.3 server whithout callExtension support in the linux binary

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146816-ARMA-2-Operation-Arrowhead-Linux-Server-beta-1-62-102451'>http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?146816-ARMA-2-Operation-Arrowhead-Linux-Server-beta-1-62-102451

It's a simple replacement of callExtension calls on the diag_log output in @hive/addons/dayz_server.pbo.

This output can be processed in realtime through a unix pipes.

./server -server -mod="@hive_linux;@dayz" -config="cfgdayz/server.cfg" -cfg="cfgdayz/basic.cfg" -port=2302 -beta="expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion" -noSound -noPause -world=Chernarus -profiles=cfgdayz -name=cfgdayz -cpucount=4 -showscripterrors -pid=2302.pid 2>&1 | ./database_writer.pl

How it works can be found here http://2clk.ru/dayz_server.pbo'>http://2clk.ru/dayz_server.pbo.

Could you support this project in updates?

For example: @hive_linux/addons/dayz_server.pbo

Just test it:

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by devd

We have also done some fixing to the temperature system not sure just yet the impact on this but time will tell.

Seeing overheating would be cool too.  Perhaps passing out because you ran too far and overheated, cooling off with a drink or inactivity to fix and get back to normal. Full red on the thermometer always struck me as something that should be reserved for overexertion with a nice green being optimum body temperature (75% full thermometer with the color green).

Red -  overexertion, passing out, blinking, heatstroke ->(bloodloss?).  drink, swim, inactivity to lower.

Orange - overworking, heavy breathing, need to cool it down.

Green - optimum temperature.

Blue - cool, swimming too much, rainy nights, inactivity at night.

Purple - freezing, blinking, hypothermia, catching a cough, infection, bloodloss.

• Like 1

I don't know about overheating from running. Given how far one needs to run once they get a sense of the game, and after they die far inland (and spawn on the coast without a vehicle, and are determined to get back to their body)...It can take quite a while as it is. Overheating via running = no-go in my opinion. Also, given the fact it's cold enough in the climate for someone to get cold at night (esp during the rain), I would say that the temperature is probably cold enough to keep a person cooled off, even when they are running. Breaking a sweat is possible, but overheating? You'd need weather to kick in with that too.

With regards to tents...I haven't been playing since the server I was playing on keeps wiping my tents after each server restart. I really WANT to play, but I don't want to play if I have no way of storing things in the (really nicely) overhauled tent system. I love the tent placement now, it's so much smoother than it was previously, but...

My tents won't last :(

Are other people experiencing this? Do I need to use the "save tent" option?

A massive percent of server hosts use a 3rd party system called reality to host Dayz. Reality is no longer under active development and is classed as no longer working for any build from 1.8 and on.

This is one of the problems with tents not saving outside of other custom stuff.

• Like 1

justa quick question on the food/nourishment topic razor, in future patches (and if you know [i hate to ask about it, seeing the two letters together now bores me to tears with the amount of topics about "blablabla release date" etc.] the SA) are we goign to need to have our characters eat and drink as often/less often/more often than currently? obviously keeping nourished throughout the characters life is a huge part of survival but the frequency at which they have to eat seems too little time between meals/drinks for me and always has in the mod.

as an example, a few friends and i spend a lot of time in forests in our leisure time - cutting shit down, creating new paths, running, climbing and jumping, cycling etc. and we don't need that many cans of beans and cokes throughout the day. we used to smoke a lot of weed while doing this too heh and still a couple drinks and a sandwich or two and maybe a tin of ravioli did us for the day!

weighing that up though against only having to nourish your character once every coupple of hours, it would obviously detract from the gameplay if you hardly ever had to go out finding food and drinks which i guess is the reason the frequency is as high as it is.

sorry if this question is badly constructed but hopefully you can answer for me. thanks man.

not sure why people are complaining about the lack of outfits in residential, regular people don't generally keep ghillies in their house