r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

I have a question about the weapon switching. (This doesn't happen when switching from a side arm to a primary/secondary)

in example; I have a primary,  a secondary and a sidearm. When I want to switch from the primary to the secondary, how come it briefly switches over to the sidearm for a moment before going to the secondary weapon?

I believe this is somewhat of an issue especially when being chased by zombies and this could be time consuming to switch before a zombie reaches you and finally strikes a hit onto a player.

What I meant to say, perhaps not so clearly, is that the filter rule (hence both ends of the inequality starting with 5) PVDZ does not filter for PVCDZ adding != "PVCDZ_obj_GutBody" will be unnecessary. All you would have to do is change the line above like so

sorry my fault, now i can i see what you are talking about! adding anything starting with PVCDZ to line 2 which starts with 5 PVDZ_ ... is completely useless! simply missed the "C" in there.

so as i get it now, there are two changes required:

to prevent players from being kicked for gutting animals:

changing line 1 from

5 !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzLoad" !"PVDZ_" 

to

5 !="remExField" !="remExFP" !=PVCDZ_obj_GutBody !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzLoad" !"PVDZ_" 

to prevent players from being kicked immediately after logging in:

adding somewhere:

1="PVDZ_getTickTime"
Edited by fgw
  • Like 1

well I have not had any response yet: (
I have a dedicated server, but it is not good or not much loot ...
  how do I fix this little problem?
how to change the stuff of departure, as in the db there have no table for it.

I leave you the ip of my server if you wanted tested and judge for yourself?

FR dayz-chernarus.

91.121.121.37:2302

friendly

pingpong

well I have not had any response yet: (

I have a dedicated server, but it is not good or not much loot ...

how do I fix this little problem?

how to change the stuff of departure, as in the db there have no table for it.

I leave you the ip of my server if you wanted tested and judge for yourself?

FR dayz-chernarus.

91.121.121.37:2302

friendly

pingpong

Just played on there for 40 minutes and loot was spawning fine, no different to any other 1.8.0.3 server.

• Like 3

We wont be.

Excellent!

I do have one bug to report though - tents still have issues.

Last night I finally picked a server and found the spot I would start to stash my stuff.  It was near a server restart, so it seemed a good time to see if the tent would still be there afterward.  I went to deploy the tent, it showed up and allowed me to move and rotate, but then it got stuck.  Not stuck to the ground, stuck to my body.  I lost the menu option to finalize placement. 

The "Save Old Camping Tent" and "Gear" menus were there, I could look inside the tent, but it was still in "placement mode" and moved when I moved.  Its weird, too - it almost looks like I was going into a "surrender" animation when trying to step backwards, I'd sling my rifle and put my hands on my head, then immediately re-arm my rifle.  I'd be able to take about another half a step before the animations would kick in again.

I spent the last of the time before the restart trying to figure out how to get the tent to place, and clicked the "Save Tent" option a dozen or so times, but after the server restart it was gone.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, the loss of a tent, but I've been alive with this guy longer than any other in my history of this game and I'm starting to get *real* paranoid... I'd prefer to start stashing some stuff :) 

(Rule #1, don't get attached, I know, I know...)

• Like 1

Just played on there for 40 minutes and loot was spawning fine, no different to any other 1.8.0.3 server.

ok ok thank you so much for giving me your opinion;)

otherwise you will be how to modify the stuff of departure?

because I can not find the mysql tables for this mod ^ ^

@Brew78

A temporary solution before the professionals solve this bug is this:

Choose location carefully. As soon as you click on "Pitch Tent" and BEFORE the message explaining that you can rotate the tent switches off, press the action key (sorry my Arma is in French, i don't know the name of the key, but it's the one you use to pick up wheels, gut animals and so on).

If you dont press this key fast enough that is before the message disappears, you'll get the tent attached to you as you described. In this case, log off and on again and you'll be able to "unpitch" the tent. Then try again what I explained above.

If you do it properly, you can hear the pigs pegs ^^ being hammered in. With this solution, your tent can be saved and will still be here after server restart.

I suppose the same solution applies to camo nets but I haven't tried it yet.

Edited by Bushmills
  • Like 2

Are you talking about the middle mouse button?  I'm not sure I ever set up a specific key binding for it but any of those menu context items I just click middle mouse.  I think just clicking it will perform the default action, but scrolling the wheel brings up the menu.

Either way, thanks for the info!  If I find another tent before its fixed, I'll keep it in mind.

We are looking into this bug. Bushmills is correct if this happens do a quick disconnect and come back in.

Tell me please. Removing the spare parts from the machine does not work? Said that this change works in the log of changes Version 1.8.0.1

Edited by wolfs_SG

Proposal for subsequent releases:
"Add the possibility of the unknown by shit smeared with the bank to get visibility for the reduction of zombies for a while with a probability equal to the probability of poisoning. (Ie, if rotten, it stinks zombies)"

"for quite aesthetes, you can craft with toilet paper"

Edited by wolfs_SG

How exactly were the loot system timers updated? How long between new loot spawns and such now? Do you have to be further than 120m for new items to spawn now or is that still the same?

So i can loot a location, walk 120m and then re-loot it everytime??

Tell me please. Removing the spare parts from the machine does not work? Said that this change works in the log of changes Version 1.8.0.1

Nope you was reading the dev blog for the main 1.8.1 patch not the hotfix.

So i can loot a location, walk 120m and then re-loot it everytime??

No

• Like 1

Fishing pole duplicated: hatchet in active slot, pole in carry slot, right click on pole, click return to tool belt. the pole remains in carry position and returns to the tool belt. duplicated. works fine if moved from active position to the tool belt. Casting and catching worked fine, even caught a fish.

Edited by Max Brand

oh god why "basebuilding" on official dayz :o  that's gota be a joke right?

i hope it aint going to be anything like the basebuilding community mod cause

most server hosts dont even want to get near that due to abusive/nagging/bitching players

not to forget a wild grow of hidious player bases ...

oh god why "basebuilding" on official dayz :o  that's gota be a joke right?

i hope it aint going to be anything like the basebuilding community mod cause

most server hosts dont even want to get near that due to abusive/nagging/bitching players

not to forget a wild grow of hidious player bases ...

Pretty much my opinion. BaseBuilding demands strict server rules and a great deal of admin work. Been there, done that. :D

We don't plan to add a free build system if that's what your asking. IE like tents,wire,camonets

• Like 1

We don't plan to add a free build system if that's what your asking. IE like tents,wire,camonets

Great! Thats what we have Private Hives for, after all! Have beanz. :beans:

I'm not currently liking the idea of "self bloodbaging" in the upcomming patch... Razor could you clarify on how this would work? Currently I see it as say a friend and I get a huge supply of blood from each other, I'll then be able to leave him and continue on my own. If I get shot all i need to do is hide and apply that blood that I collected earlier. Am I correct? If not can you clarify how this would work.

• Like 2

I'm not currently liking the idea of "self bloodbaging" in the upcomming patch... Razor could you clarify on how this would work? Currently I see it as say a friend and I get a huge supply of blood from each other, I'll then be able to leave him and continue on my own. If I get shot all i need to do is hide and apply that blood that I collected earlier. Am I correct? If not can you clarify how this would work.

150228.jpg

Edited by Twamp

I don't like auto-refuel either. Essentially makes fueling cans a useless item and removes the element of danger while fueling.