r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

As far as I can tell the zombie spawn system is not very good as it is (at least performance wise). It spawns a huge amount of zombies and causes huge frame drops (for mostly everyone).

I was flying around with my squad in a chopper and we literally spawned like 100 zombies. http://i.imgur.com/40TSTYi.jpg (screen was made in berezino)

My fps are going down to 10fps from 40fps. 

It looks like you hit an area with others already there or you was outside the vehicle before you took that screenshot. We soft limit the amount of zeds we spawn while in a vehicle and only the crew of the vehicle we spawn any zeds. the driver wont spawn unless he is alone.

But yes the spawn system needs work and it always will.

• Like 1

The zombie spawning while inside vehicles should be taken a look into. I also noticed it while driving around in a car, everytime we got through a town the frames started dropping really hard.

Also I think the zombie counter is way to high, I alone spawned like 40 zombies and more at Pogorevka. If you think about it that's way too many. If everyone on a full 50 player server spawns that much zombies it's no wonder servers begin to lagg and players experience frame drops.

Edited by LtHyperion

The zombie spawning while inside vehicles should be taken a look into. I also noticed it while driving around in a car, everytime we got through a town the frames started dropping really hard.

Also I think the zombie counter is way to high, I alone spawned like 40 zombies and more at Pogorevka. If you think about it that's way too many. If everyone spawns that much zombies it's no wonder servers begin to lagg and players experience frame drops.

We did look into it for 1.8 there is no other way to spawn zeds the way we need outside of spawning them server side witch has many other issues.

The amounts are all soft limits max is 30 per player.

That is a tough one to solve. Lately I've been having the same problem. I'm in a town looting, and if a helicopter just passes above said town my FPS drop and it sometimes looks like a cartoony frame by frame animation. I don't mind the zeds they spawn, it's the massive framedrop which almost makes it not possible to defend yourself against another player. This situation is causing players to run away so their FPS improve, or just camp with a rifle somewhere waiting/scouting for other players which I think is leading to more KoS.

Edited by h3l1x

We know about this issue the helicopter will agro the hole town. Its something we are aware of

Where can I report bugs/ suggestions?

Or if nobody minds I just post it here.

If you give someone a bloodbag you immediately get the humanity for that. The problem here is that the humanity gain could cause the bloodbagger to change skins and this causes the blood transfusion process to stop because it was interrupted and the bloodbag gets lost. Just had this yesterday though I got some blood from it but still not all. Simple solution would be, but the humanity gain for a bloodbag at the end of the animation/blood transfusion. Just my 2 cents. :)

Edited by LtHyperion

If you give someone a bloodbag you immediately get the humanity for that. The problem here is that the humanity gain could cause the bloodbagger to change skins and this causes the blood transfusion process to stop because it was interrupted and the bloodbag gets lost. Just had this yesterday though I got some blood from it but still not all. Simple solution would be, but the humanity gain for a bloodbag at the end of the animation/blood transfusion. Just my 2 cents. :)

Fixed

• Like 2

Can menues be changed back, i dont like this ne overly artistic version?

The ArmA 2 stock gear menu does not have a carry slot, so no.

Posted Today, 03:36 PM

LtHyperion, on 27 Oct 2013 - 1:22 PM, said:snapback.png

Fixed by R4Z0R49

And only 2 hours after suggestion was made... O_O , 1st class service here, amazing!

Edited by Bushmills
  • Like 1

So tell me, why are there zombies spawning in the forest around me?

Its a 100% vanilla server, nothing custom.

Could be near some powerlines?  They added in low value industrial sites that go near forests that spawn zeds in seemingly strange locations.

Had main weapon, picked up machete(enter) with option (drop ak-74). Weapon disappeared. This also happened with picking up a weapon with hatchet disappearing when dropped.

Just to add, me and my buddy played for many hours last night on the mydayz vanilla servers, and I can say it felt like we were playing dayz again.

You have done a wonderful job razor, don't cater to those who want it easy.

P.s We saw Zeds doing some kind of patrol in and out of the barracks, it was awesome if intended.

Edited by thehet

Had main weapon, picked up machete(enter) with option (drop ak-74). Weapon disappeared. This also happened with picking up a weapon with hatchet disappearing when dropped.

Dropping stuff inside buildings, especially barracks has this effect. Once I lost a full backpack this way. They seem to fall under the floor. Always drop stuff out in the open.

Yea its always best to drop something else first. it's another one of them silly issues SA should resolve fully

Would it be possible to see other bones being broken besides legs?

Edit: Would also like to add if it'd be possible to get rid of "side chat" function :)

Edited by TIC321

Side chat is controlled by the server admins. Yes we can but to what point

• Like 1

Will the backpack ammo bug be fixed or is that a lost cause?

We have made quite a bit of progress on this, fixing this will allow for much better systems for magazines. I.e. if we wanted to store damage by handling an engine removed from a vehicle as a magazine and setting ammo count on it 0-100 and then damage the applied part on the car. Also things like painkillers can become more than 1 use, however, the progress made is still imperfect and in early stages.

• Like 5

Side chat is controlled by the server admins. Yes we can but to what point

I forgot it was controlled by server admins.

For the bones being broken, have you considered arms? I figured this would be quite complicated to implement but quite interesting.

Another feature I had in mind is an ability to add feathers(as bait) such as from a chicken onto a fishing rod to catch other types of fish like Salmon in lakes or the ocean.

Edited by TIC321

We know about this issue the helicopter will agro the hole town. Its something we are aware of

Best thing would be to drop aggro to all "AIR" in my opinion unless their height is at landing altitueds like below 20 or so...

Best thing would be to drop aggro to all "AIR" in my opinion unless their height is at landing altitueds like below 20 or so...

aye its on my todo list before the next patch.

• Like 3

Had an interesting little glitch last night, I would have taken a screenshot, but it was the middle of the night, so any shots I'd have taken wouldn't have been clear enough to be of any use.

Long story short, I ended up low on blood in the Berezino area and put out a call for a blood buddy. Someone came, and we ended up bumping into another couple of friendlies at the warehouses in the Berezino Docks area. We exchanged blood bags, traded some excess stuff away and then went our separate ways. As I went to cross the road back to Berezino, there was a HUGE conga line of zombies just walking along one side of the road. I've never ever seen anything like it before - they were all un-aggroed, just in their idle walking/crawling/loping animations, but all walking in exactly the same direction up the coast road towards Khelm/NEAF direction. It was too dark to get a proper headcount (plus I was trying to look for a break in traffic to cross the road!), but I waited for over 5 minutes, and there didn't appear to be any end to the line when I finally found a big enough gap to creep through - I'd estimate well over 40 passed me before I got through - one of the other guys reported the same thing a little further down the road.

It was pretty awesome to see, actually - like some kind of horde wandering round, it's just behaviour I've never ever seen (or heard of) before.

• Like 1

Will have been a vehicle probably. Pulls agro and they all chase till it is too far. Happens all the time. If you didn't hear it it could have been a bicycle. Silent to players but not to zeds.

Edit: Can dev confirm Zeds do some kind of patrol in and out of barracks.

Edited by thehet