r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

not sure why people are complaining about the lack of outfits in residential, regular people don't generally keep ghillies in their house

I do!

oh, wait...

@  Razor:

Thank you for the reply regarding "reality." That would probably explain a lot of the problems I had on the server I was playing on. For example, tents not working, the lack of a crafting journal ( or any journal, really)...

I jumped onto a new server and it actually had the crafting journal, so I think I'll simply have to suck it up and relocate to something that hosts all the recent updates (which are AMAZING, if I may say so!)

Mad props on all the hard work you guys do.

justa quick question on the food/nourishment topic razor, in future patches (and if you know [i hate to ask about it, seeing the two letters together now bores me to tears with the amount of topics about "blablabla release date" etc.] the SA) are we goign to need to have our characters eat and drink as often/less often/more often than currently? obviously keeping nourished throughout the characters life is a huge part of survival but the frequency at which they have to eat seems too little time between meals/drinks for me and always has in the mod.

as an example, a few friends and i spend a lot of time in forests in our leisure time - cutting shit down, creating new paths, running, climbing and jumping, cycling etc. and we don't need that many cans of beans and cokes throughout the day. we used to smoke a lot of weed while doing this too heh and still a couple drinks and a sandwich or two and maybe a tin of ravioli did us for the day!

weighing that up though against only having to nourish your character once every coupple of hours, it would obviously detract from the gameplay if you hardly ever had to go out finding food and drinks which i guess is the reason the frequency is as high as it is.

sorry if this question is badly constructed but hopefully you can answer for me. thanks man.

There's no real answer it all depends what your doing and what your eating. It's not like we have real life data from a zombie attack to base the effects on. All we have is real world data on the effects of food.

There's no real answer it all depends what your doing and what your eating. It's not like we have real life data from a zombie attack to base the effects on. All we have is real world data on the effects of food.

fair point mate, thanks for that

R4Z0R49, 

Do you have a solution to this bug without disable the antihack?

players sometimes spawn in debug mode

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues/21

For example a server log dump:

TELEPORT REVERT for player UID#13128708 from [-18710.3,25924.6,0.00170898] to [13462.8,3909.75,0.00130105], 38986 meters, now at [-18710.3,25924.6,0.00170898]

A new player is coming into debug place and can not move to a new location.

not sure why people are complaining about the lack of outfits in residential, regular people don't generally keep ghillies in their house

Does a camouflage mosquito suit count? (Sort of like a beekeeper suit, but less bulky and meant for the forest.)

Not exactly a ghillie, but it is full-body camo including a face covering.

Actually, I went to look them up for a reference picture and they got 3D versions that are pretty ghillie-like..

www.cabelas.com/product/Shelter-Pro-D-Leafy-Bugmaster-Suit/750547.uts?productVariantId=2041532

Edited by Brew78

Fantastic job R4Z0R49 and any other devs who contributed!  1.8.0.3 is better than ever and DayZ feels the way I expected it to when I first downloaded the mod.  I'm constantly blown away by the "you're forcing people to play *YOUR* way" argument, as they chose to participate in a game that was designed specificically to be very unforgiving.  They get catered to by spinoff mod developers, then whine and cry that devs and players of the official mod and the upcoming SA want to "force" them into something they don't like.  Unbelievably childish.  People on reddit actually called me a F***ing Nazi and a Fascist for wanting Dean/BI to limit server variables in SA in order to avoid private hives with 1,000,000+ of everything.

On a side note, R4Z0R49, I noticed in game last night that there were a group of zombies that had spawned in a field and in the forest in the middle of nowhere West of NWAF.  We were very far out from any farms, sheds, or any other buildings and there's no powerlines where we were.  Somone in our teamspeak said you had re-implemented wild spawning zeds.  I didn't see it in the changelog (maybe I missed it).  Have you done so?  If so, thanks!  Wild spawning zeds was one of my favorite aspects of DayZ.

• Like 4

Zeds spawn along the large power lines... and there are the infected camps, so, maybe it was one of those situations.

Does a camouflage mosquito suit count? (Sort of like a beekeeper suit, but less bulky and meant for the forest.)

Not exactly a ghillie, but it is full-body camo including a face covering.

Actually, I went to look them up for a reference picture and they got 3D versions that are pretty ghillie-like..

www.cabelas.com/product/Shelter-Pro-D-Leafy-Bugmaster-Suit/750547.uts?productVariantId=2041532

lol! this looks like the ghillies little brother, but i guess that counts

Fantastic job R4Z0R49 and any other devs who contributed!  1.8.0.3 is better than ever and DayZ feels the way I expected it to when I first downloaded the mod.  I'm constantly blown away by the "you're forcing people to play *YOUR* way" argument, as they chose to participate in a game that was designed specificically to be very unforgiving.  They get catered to by spinoff mod developers, then whine and cry that devs and players of the official mod and the upcoming SA want to "force" them into something they don't like.  Unbelievably childish.  People on reddit actually called me a F***ing Nazi and a Fascist for wanting Dean/BI to limit server variables in SA in order to avoid private hives with 1,000,000+ of everything.

On a side note, R4Z0R49, I noticed in game last night that there were a group of zombies that had spawned in a field and in the forest in the middle of nowhere West of NWAF.  We were very far out from any farms, sheds, or any other buildings and there's no powerlines where we were.  Somone in our teamspeak said you had re-implemented wild spawning zeds.  I didn't see it in the changelog (maybe I missed it).  Have you done so?  If so, thanks!  Wild spawning zeds was one of my favorite aspects of DayZ.

Nice to see someone enjoying it :-)

• Like 1

Someone was suggesting a totally black screen with only the timer visible whilst you are knocked out on reddit yesterday. I thought it was a great idea. You could do the occasionally flashes of vision with sound and distortion effects like ACE has in arma but even just the black screen would really add something I think.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1p1t87/suggestion_when_knocked_out/

Worth adding to the list for 8.1 imo. 

• Like 3

Zeds spawn along the large power lines... and there are the infected camps, so, maybe it was one of those situations.

Nope, neither one of those were nearby (we looked).  Even checked the DayZdb map to see if there were powerlines that might have been over a hill but there weren't any near us at all.  R4Z0R49, any comment on this?

Absolutely!  Remember, people are *FAR* more likely to be vocal online about something they hate than something they like.  A lot of people out there are back into the official mod because of the recent developments you guys have made.  Sadly, I think there are many out there who would like it but are missing out simply because 1) it's hard to navigate DayZ with it's many mods and terribly setup private hives with extra gear and vehicles...this confuses new players into thinking they're playing DayZ when they join an Epoch or Overwatch server; and 2) people were really turned off by hackers in public hives and are reluctant to come back.  I literally had to beg a few of my friends to come back to public DayZ and now that they finally have they're loving it!

Keep it up!  Your hard work is more appreciated than you know.

Nope, neither one of those were nearby (we looked).  Even checked the DayZdb map to see if there were powerlines that might have been over a hill but there weren't any near us at all.  R4Z0R49, any comment on this?

I'm sorry no wild zeds are not back yet.

Absolutely!  Remember, people are *FAR* more likely to be vocal online about something they hate than something they like.  A lot of people out there are back into the official mod because of the recent developments you guys have made.  Sadly, I think there are many out there who would like it but are missing out simply because 1) it's hard to navigate DayZ with it's many mods and terribly setup private hives with extra gear and vehicles...this confuses new players into thinking they're playing DayZ when they join an Epoch or Overwatch server; and 2) people were really turned off by hackers in public hives and are reluctant to come back.  I literally had to beg a few of my friends to come back to public DayZ and now that they finally have they're loving it!

Keep it up!  Your hard work is more appreciated than you know.

1: Yea this is something the community could have fixed pretty easy but it seems dayz just turned into a money printing machine. Once this happened everything just went out of the window. How hard was it to rename private hives or to create a new mod not using the Dayz name. (Just to make it all simple)

2: Now don't get me wrong but i prefer private servers over the official. The idea for the official was great when the rules got enforced but that is something well out of our control now. We know admins currently running on the official that modify content. Other servers that re-spawn damage vehicles as soon as they blow up the list goes on. So yes the official was a good idea at the start but now its more trouble then its worth.

Someone was suggesting a totally black screen with only the timer visible whilst you are knocked out on reddit yesterday. I thought it was a great idea. You could do the occasionally flashes of vision with sound and distortion effects like ACE has in arma but even just the black screen would really add something I think.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1p1t87/suggestion_when_knocked_out/

Worth adding to the list for 8.1 imo. 

Ill take a look when i get some time too.

I'm enjoying it too.

• Like 1

No wild Zeds are back?! I spawn like 15-20 "Wild zeds" around me when im walking through the forest - every server with more then 30 players laggs like hell...

No wild Zeds are back?! I spawn like 15-20 "Wild zeds" around me when im walking through the forest - every server with more then 30 players laggs like hell...

No point me trying to argue. If you be leave we added that's fine.

So tell me, why are there zombies spawning in the forest around me?

Its a 100% vanilla server, nothing custom.

So tell me, why are there zombies spawning in the forest around me?

Its a 100% vanilla server, nothing custom.

I have no idea you tell me im standing in the middle of woods now no zeds are spawning we have no code at all to add wild zeds. The server side has some old code we left in while testing server side zeds but they are inactive unless someone has edited.

As far as I can tell the zombie spawn system is not very good as it is (at least performance wise). It spawns a huge amount of zombies and causes huge frame drops (for mostly everyone).

I was flying around with my squad in a chopper and we literally spawned like 100 zombies. http://i.imgur.com/40TSTYi.jpg (screen was made in berezino)

My fps are going down to 10fps from 40fps.

Edited by LtHyperion

Possibly zombies from a deer stand (hugging the forest) or power lines that wandered into the forest.