OllyHarris

Anti-Banditry

Hey,

I was just having a late night cruise of the forums and some of other peoples suggestions gave me a few ideas.

Okay the title kinda sums up the purpose this might serve.

The idea itself is very simple, after killing so many players in cold blood {Bandits not included}, you will start to hear random flies. Like really aggressive flies - if that's actually legit.

The more survivors you murder, the more flys you will hear and it will become more regular. That is one idea, or it could be when in combat etc.

Think about it, I thought this may help in the act of penetration against those damn bandits.

Thanks 

Even so, it wouldnt stop it. There will always be that bandit without headphones that shoots first. And may not even hear it

• Like 1

you will start to hear random flies. Like really aggressive flies

• Like 1

What I mean: Walking though a forest - flies randomly start occurring. Or - When in combat you hear a faint sound of flys.

Even so, it wouldnt stop it. There will always be that bandit without headphones that shoots first. And may not even hear it

I suppose, but the point of the flies is to cause what I'd call distortion or maybe PTSD etc.

If they don't play DayZ with noise, what the bloody hell are they doing? 

So you, essentially, want people to suffer from dementia as a result of their murders? No.

• Like 6

My opinion but the only way to reduce KOS is to limit the number of guns.  Make them extremely rare with bullets a rarer commodity.  However as long as there is a means to KOS people will do it just not so easily.  Not that I would want to change it but even Vanilla has military grade weapons everywhere with ample supplies of ammo.  With the demographics being mostly male eventually they'll run out of things to do, get bored and start shooting each other.

My opinion but the only way to reduce KOS is to limit the number of guns.  Make them extremely rare with bullets a rarer commodity.  However as long as there is a means to KOS people will do it just not so easily.  Not that I would want to change it but even Vanilla has military grade weapons everywhere with ample supplies of ammo.  With the demographics being mostly male eventually they'll run out of things to do, get bored and start shooting each other.

Even then, you'll have people trying to chase after you with hand-to-hand combat :)

I would like for the community to continue hating them and hunting them down, while not giving them camo for being bad and also the idea that KOS ruins a players good loot.

I think that will dent them well.

The only banditry I disapprove of is KOS or friendly betrayal however cool betrayal may be.

before you put idea try somethings please

#1 ask - is happen in real world something like this one??? :huh:

#2 if answer is no - don't type nothing ;)

• Like 3

There should be no penalties for gameplay style.  Rather than penalties i think there should be consequences for actions.

What these consequences could be i don't know.  Damaging gear is one direction the devs are going.

• Like 5

Why? You wouldn't ever hear "random flies" in real life after shooting a lot of people.

This might be one of the worst ideas I've heard yet.

before you put idea try somethings please

#1 ask - is happen in real world something like this one??? :huh:

#2 if answer is no - don't type nothing ;)

I'm sorry, yes the idea is unrealistic.. but tell me. What exactly is realistic in this game..

For a start zombies aren't real, neither the fact people are born from the sea or the fact weapons are just lying around in "Fire-Stations". The list could go on forever.

Your all missing the point, I'm not talking about constant flies. Every ten/twenty minutes the player will hear five seconds of flies. Not much, plus who exactly wants to promote bandits. I mean the game wouldn't be the same without them, but I'm sure people would still KoS even in this scenario 

Anyway thanks for the feedback, although do remember I'm posting this as an ongoing idea. There's no point in all of you jizzing in your pants just because you don't think it's "Realistic" or "Very good"

That problem isn't called banditry, it's called wantonmurder, shooting unsuspecting players without reason or provocation. The reasons these players give are so pathetic as themselves like : "He could be a threat to me later" "He was too close to me, so i shot him...from 1000m away" "Don't let that newspawn get any gear so let's make him start over and over again..." "HAHA KILLS KILLS KILLS!!!".

Instead of punishing them with flies i would make it an addiction. If they reach a certain player killcount like 5 players f.e. they have to kill X amount of players per hour or else they will have withdrawal symptoms like shaky hands, blurry vision etc. and they get really tense and to give them a chance to become a normal player again they have to endure at least 2 hours per kill of not injuring/killing players to get rid of those symptoms. Make them regret what they do like RL murderers claim they do and give them a chance to rehabilitate.

Edited by Enforcer

I'm sorry, yes the idea is unrealistic.. but tell me. What exactly is realistic in this game..

For a start zombies aren't real, neither the fact people are born from the sea or the fact weapons are just lying around in "Fire-Stations". The list could go on forever.

Your all missing the point, I'm not talking about constant flies. Every ten/twenty minutes the player will hear five seconds of flies. Not much, plus who exactly wants to promote bandits. I mean the game wouldn't be the same without them, but I'm sure people would still KoS even in this scenario 

Anyway thanks for the feedback, although do remember I'm posting this as an ongoing idea. There's no point in all of you jizzing in your pants just because you don't think it's "Realistic" or "Very good"

When the features of a game are discussed in regards to realism, you cannot bring the base concept [a realistic zombie survival sandbox--so, zombies] into the discussion, let alone say oh, zombies [the concept] is not real so we should have other unreal features implemented

The idea is try to and make features realistic [to an extent] within the core concept [a zombie survival simulation/sandbox].

It is, as I said, a zombie survival simulator, not a real life simulator. The concept needn't be realistic.

Also, " neither the fact people are born from the sea or the fact weapons are just lying around in "Fire-Stations"."
It is a sandbox; it gives you the option to create your own story [i was shipwrecked, etc]. And again, regarding the weapons just lying around in "fire-stations", it is a core design feature and it does not matter if it is entirely realistic. 
Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

That problem isn't called banditry, it's called wantonmurder, shooting unsuspecting players without reason or provocation. The reasons these players give are so pathetic as themselves like : "He could be a threat to me later" "He was too close to me, so i shot him...from 1000m away" "Don't let that newspawn get any gear so let's make him start over and over again..." "HAHA KILLS KILLS KILLS!!!".

Didn't think about the innocence element, for instance - HAVING to kill someone. Although maybe in changes, for instance if you murder 1 person the flies will cycle for ten minutes etc. {Not continuously} 

Didn't think about the innocence element, for instance - HAVING to kill someone. Although maybe in changes, for instance if you murder 1 person the flies will cycle for ten minutes etc. {Not continuously} 

That can be countered with a script...did the player shoot at you or into your direction? Of course it's not 100% waterproof but it's better than having no check at all. It's reasonable, your suggestion clearly isn't.

no system design for punish killers is fair or working in good way >:(

whole point of dayz fear and paranoid feel is 'DONT TRUST NOBODY' :D

this is good rule for survive also give you maximum reward if you find friendly guy who give back faith in humans nature :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

you want to know if guy is waiting for kill youi??? cross street, if you hear shots and after 'YOU ARE DEAD SCREEN' is showing - you know answer :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

• Like 2

I don't think this kind of suggestion is in the spirit of DayZ. Any kind of simulation of any kind of psychological "trauma" should be avoided in DayZ.

I like to differentiate between "hard" counters and "soft" counters against killers or KOS. Basically any sort of "hard" counter, like psychological problems of your character, should be avoided.

An example of a "soft" counter against hill top snipers would be something like morning fog rolling in over Cherno and Electro, so the snipers (at least for a while) won't be able see anyone moving about down there. This is a counter I would consider "legit" in DayZ.

punishing people for playing how they want will see the total death of the mod and/or standalone.

The very core of DayZ is that you (and everyone else) has found yourself suddenly awaken to this strange new world where the majority of the population are now maggot infested undead who just want to eat you. Their is virtually no other information available.

That said im glad to see a lot of the tidbits about SA going towards more scarcity/limited access to supplies. I think that is the real "solution". right now with loot "cycling", large amounts of weapons, etc. there is NO benefit to being friendly. you can get/do everything you need solo.

the point is that as dayz is just a game, the reaction of any player who sees another, will be to kill him, cause there's no consequences for it.

in real life killing somebody isnt that easy, as people arent entirely psychos.

if a countermeasure to killing on sight wont be applied, standalone will have the same destiny that the mod did, with the plus that everybody is kinda tired of the standart chernarus dayz.

So no one will play it, as it is now, there's mods like origins or aftermath that are way more interesting than the simple, boring deathmatch that dayz vanilla has become.

• Like 1