SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Once the Game is released I'll more than likely never be in these Forums again. But remember to those saying that people shouldnt demand regular Information, You , these people, me , we are the ones that promote this game on our Websites, Videos, Blogs, Streams , Facebook, hell even talking face to face with people down the Pub, they didnt advertise the Mod, it became popular due to YOU, ( ohh and the fact it was damn fun at the time) .

You, Us, We, make or break a Game in the End

But the issue isn't whether we should -demand- regular information or not. It's that people are demanding it when we -already- have a ton of information, and that people's definitions of "regular" are unreasonable (or just subjective).

• Like 1

But the issue isn't whether we should -demand- regular information or not. It's that people are demanding it when we -already- have a ton of information, and that people's definitions of "regular" are unreasonable (or just subjective).

Agreed , but would not a pic every other day help. That said I guess you cant keep everyone happy

Agreed , but would not a pic every other day help. That said I guess you cant keep everyone happy

A pic every day would be boring and potentially spoil the layout of new areas or revamped areas. Most of their work is on the programming side so you can't post pictures of that. (Well... You can, but only 0.01% of the community will understand it)

A pic every day would be boring and potentially spoil the layout of new areas or revamped areas. Most of their work is on the programming side so you can't post pictures of that. (Well... You can, but only 0.01% of the community will understand it)

I post every new pic on our Website and many people are interested in them, how would it spoil anything

I post every new pic on our Website and many people are interested in them, how would it spoil anything

Well you're proposing a picture every 2 days. There's only so many pictures of a wooded area that would suffice before people bitch and moan for "MAOR PICTERS!" They'd then either stop doing it, in which case people like Nicefish would go on multiple rambling posts about how Dean and his team are shit and all this other bollocks. Or they will post pictures of new villages, new buildings in the villages, new zombie models, new weapons, new everything. 

I for one think this is a fucking stupid idea to ask for a picture every 2 days. Shit would get old REALLY fast, and I don't know about you, but I'd absolutely love to you know.... be surprised by a game that I buy. I like it when some things are in a game that I didn't know about. I fucking despise games/films that show everything interesting in the advertisements or the pre launch photos. 

• Like 1

May be you dont get around much within 1 Hour of the Games release someone will have done a Walkthrough Video showing everything,  A stupid idea showing Pics ? Is that better than showing Nothing and keeping some of these impatient people interested and spreading Good about the Game.

They were supposed to do a Devblog every week, Dean couldnt even manage that, what did we get 5 in how many months.So Pics yes would do just fine and see you wouldnt have to look at them so you wouldnt have to despise them

Yea obviously it wouldn't be called STANDALONE anymore.  I was just explaining why it would be smarter for BI to do it that way.

But the

Yea obviously it wouldn't be called STANDALONE anymore.  I was just explaining why it would be smarter for BI to do it that way.

There's already a dayZ port for Arma 3, people would most likely just grab that and keep their $15

Plus its already on the take on choppers engine.

Hate to say it, but when Rocket fucked up with the Christmas release he went to ground then, he literally hid for a month, nothing on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook or here. After the Month he comes on and says yadda yadda yadda, that said the game will be better off for not being released with the old type Engine. But his PR Skills are that of a Pencil, he's good at spruiking his Product at trade Shows but always tries to over accomodate others.  Interviewing Nerd from Gamersdelight ( made up ) " Rocket will the DayZ Stand Alone allow me to Space Travel, building Space Stations throughout the Universe"  Rocket replies " Not in the first release, but certinally something we are looking at down the Track "

He is answering to a Company whether people here believe it or not. He doesnt have the luxury of sitting back doing what he chooses. They have a big Team now and clearly individuals in that Team have now formed a Time Frame Structure to which they all work to. Dean not talking ie being on here is a good thing in my eyes, he's not good at it anyway . If you've ever owned a Company or been a Manager you'll understand that you feel a responsibility to your Employees so he may feel that he needs to work harder or just as hard as they are.

As for information being released it would only take the Coffee boy a minute of his time to put a random Pic up every Week or Two Days, would no doubt appease most.   

Once the Game is released I'll more than likely never be in these Forums again. But remember to those saying that people shouldnt demand regular Information, You , these people, me , we are the ones that promote this game on our Websites, Videos, Blogs, Streams , Facebook, hell even talking face to face with people down the Pub, they didnt advertise the Mod, it became popular due to YOU, ( ohh and the fact it was damn fun at the time) .

You, Us, We, make or break a Game in the End

Mate, this is some quality stuff, I fully agree with everything you said.

On the other hand, Rocket hasn't even visited these forums in 2 months, I wish we got a little more attention than reddit etc :/

I realise pictures can realize specific spots, but I loved the whole #DayZDaily thing, I just wish that continued.

DayZ Standalone is not using the Take on Helicopters Engine, it's a branch of the main ArmA engine. The ToH engine wouldn't suit DayZ standalone, mainly because this 'branch', let's call it the DayZ Engine, serves to take the load off by putting it onto the server themselves, and ToH wouldn't do that. This is a custom engine optimized for the use of large scale of zombie AI and players, along with an introduction of thousands of items into the game.

I want to get that out of the way now, so it is no longer relevant in conversation.

• Like 3

May be you dont get around much within 1 Hour of the Games release someone will have done a Walkthrough Video showing everything,  A stupid idea showing Pics ? Is that better than showing Nothing and keeping some of these impatient people interested and spreading Good about the Game.

They were supposed to do a Devblog every week, Dean couldnt even manage that, what did we get 5 in how many months.So Pics yes would do just fine and see you wouldnt have to look at them so you wouldnt have to despise them

Umm, this is 'tarded.  Most of the idjits following this game only say 'WHEN?'.  Impatience is still imapatiece, no matter the reason causing it.  They have been giving information, if it isn't what you want to hear, that is your problem.  Don't make it ours.  *kiss* *kiss* :P

• Like 1

Umm, this is 'tarded.  Most of the idjits following this game only say 'WHEN?'. 

No most following this Game dont just say WHEN.          Ours ? Who do you speak for other than yourself ?

Deleted text.

Do you live in the NW suburbs by any chance? Could swear I know someone with your username....

Anyway; It would be great if one of the team could simply say "IT'S NOT GOING TO RELEASE THIS MONTH" I'd be happy. Happier than hanging on every single freaking day, scouring Twitter, Forums, Reddit, etc.

Yes I have a life, I have uni, work, a thousand other things to do and games to play, but it's like a relationship - loss of communication mean results in bad stuff. I would rather hear when it's not going to be released, than when it is.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 3

Do you live in the NW suburbs by any chance? Could swear I know someone with your username....

Anyway; It would be great if one of the team could simply say "IT'S NOT GOING TO RELEASE THIS MONTH" I'd be happy. Happier than hanging on every single freaking day, scouring Twitter, Forums, Reddit, etc.

Yes I have a life, I have uni, work, a thousand other things to do and games to play, but it's like a relationship - loss of communication mean results in bad stuff. I would rather hear when it's not going to be released, than when it is.

Yeah good points you make and agree , NW Suburbs of Detroit ?

I'm in Craigieburn Melbourne , what's your point

I'm in Craigieburn Melbourne , what's your point

My point is I have a mate near broadmeadows that goes by the username of YZ250...didn't know if he played DayZ though so wasn't sure if it was him or someone else  :)

My point is I have a mate near broadmeadows that goes by the username of YZ250...didn't know if he played DayZ though so wasn't sure if it was him or someone else  :)

He goes by that name where ? In Life ? I've had this Username for 20 plus Years gaming, and originally came from Broady, but as you have this obscure name I wouldnt know who the Fuck you are. All good

Is that better than showing Nothing and keeping some of these impatient people interested and spreading Good about the Game.

Fuck the impatient people. Fuck them in their whiny self entitled arses with a spiked club. Good things come to those who wait after all.

• Like 3

Fuck the impatient people. Fuck them in their whiny self entitled arses with a spiked club. Good things come to those who wait after all.

Ohhh Dear . Mate what are you 7 , good things comes to those who wait ? Are you serious ? You really think that ?

Ohhh Dear . Mate what are you 7 , good things comes to those who wait ? Are you serious ? You really think that ?

Well I certainly don't think that people who constantly bitch and moan deserve anything. And I'm 22. Thanks for the inquiry. 

He goes by that name where ? In Life ? I've had this Username for 20 plus Years gaming, and originally came from Broady, but as you have this obscure name I wouldnt know who the Fuck you are. All good

Harry, you are an ass. Why are you so mad at us? Didn't you get your morning coffee? Has the girlfriend decided to not have morning sex with you anymore? Has mommy forced you to pay some of her bills even in spite that you are 30 years old and living at home?

That's actually a statement made by great philosophical thinkers of the past, and it's even written in the Bible.

• Like 1

Harry, you are an ass. Why are you so mad at us? Didn't you get your morning coffee? Has the girlfriend decided to not have morning sex with you anymore? Has mommy forced you to pay some of her bills even in spite that you are 30 years old and living at home?

That's actually a statement made by great philosophical thinkers of the past, and it's even written in the Bible.

Sorry you fucking lost me

• Like 1

Sorry you fucking lost me

Have you been saved by Jesus Christ, yet? Do you know that a man died for you approximately 2000 years ago, because he knew you would be a sinner? - that's my point.