SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Poor old Snoww, we had to beat him to death, there was no other option I'm afraid.

• Like 7

Poor old Snoww, we had to beat him to death, there was no other option I'm afraid.

There is often no other option. You are forgiven.

I'm fairly certain the man on the ground is holding a Mosin-Nagant, but in better lighting. Pretty much anyone with something that looks like a rifle is probably a Mosin Nagant, even the man running.

I'm fairly certain the man on the ground is holding a Mosin-Nagant, but in better lighting. Pretty much anyone with something that looks like a rifle is probably a Mosin Nagant, even the man running.

It looks like a crowbar to me.

• Like 1

Got to say if you haven't played Arma 3 you'll be amazed how much difference the new lighting and HDR does. I'm constantly swearing when I'm playing Arma 2 just because the Arma 3 lighting and HDR removed every annoyance about the Arma 2 lighting and HDR. You dont burn your eyes anymore when zooming in the forest or get pretty dark screen in some cases :D

Got it since the Alpha and haven't played since the alpha.. maybe popped in when it was in beta, but still couldn't get the mouse to not slide over targets instead of on em, sounds were horrible and massive frame drops. So the lighting, although great, couldn't make it enjoyable.

I'm very curious how DayZ will feel/handle. I hope it's allot more "fluid" then arma's original way of moving.

Got it since the Alpha and haven't played since the alpha.. maybe popped in when it was in beta, but still couldn't get the mouse to not slide over targets instead of on em, sounds were horrible and massive frame drops. So the lighting, although great, couldn't make it enjoyable.

I'm very curious how DayZ will feel/handle. I hope it's allot more "fluid" then arma's original way of moving.

Bad fps or you haven't turned off negative mouse acceleration and smoothing and tuned .cfg file. Arma 3 is so fluid compared to Arma 2 that there are people complaining that it's way too fluid and arcade.

I got your problems with Arma 2 but not with Arma 3 and I'm expecting the same for DayZ.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I hope so too... Arma 2 movement felt very clunky but not in a realistic way or anything.

We need a sign, before the weekend. The silence leaves me feeling empty inside.

• Like 1

Steam Sub 17511 (DayZ SA)

31102013 (Current date) - 17511

=

31/08/4502

RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED

• Like 2

new screenshot is very nice, building proportion and stuff looks way better than in the mod

Backwards US flag? Is this some sort of NATO thing?

Myosin nagant

A lever action on hostages back?

Holster guns and walk normally.

It is US military/flag conduct. If the flag is placed on a moving object, IE a soldier, Marine, or vehicle the blue patch is to be placed in the top right corner, thus the flag will be backwards. It represents the honor and courage of every US military member and Marine that has going in to battle. How you ask? Simple question. Which way does a flag blow when you are charging into battle?

• Like 1

21 Players, we have a new Peak!!! Could this be the sign?

It is US military/flag conduct. If the flag is placed on a moving object, IE a soldier, Marine, or vehicle the blue patch is to be placed in the top right corner, thus the flag will be backwards. It represents the honor and courage of every US military member and Marine that has going in to battle. How you ask? Simple question. Which way does a flag blow when you are charging into battle?

Oh dear patriotism. Honor and courage, things that the US lost a long time ago...

My primary concern with this game is that it might feel like arma2 since its based on the same engine rv3.

Character textures and sky looks good but judging from screenshots, tree's, grass, etc looks the same :/

Skepticism party was a few months ago. We're all on the optimism train now.

If you take a close look at all the images and various comparisons that people have done, the SA really looks a lot better than Arma 2. If you can find the Polana comparison, I thought it showed a crazy amount of new detail in trees, extra buildings. It just looks way better.

• Like 1

It's worth remembering that the map overhaul is an ongoing process too and will likely continue for many months.

I think they now have 4-5 full-time people working on it.

• Like 1

Oh dear patriotism. Honor and courage, things that the US lost a long time ago...

Ouch. 

• Like 1

fraggle throw us a bone...do you know when the huge multiplayer test is going on?

Nope.

lol that's a WoW achievement in a WOTLK raid if I recall rightly :)

edit Naxx raid, forgot boss name though

its a ghost busters thing...

• Like 1

Nope.

You're lying...  I can tell.  

Secretly Fraggle is Rocket.  Why does Fraggle know so much?  Have any of you ever questioned that?  It's because Fraggle is Rocket.  

Plot twist Orlok is Matt Lightfoot's dad.

• Like 3

I still think there will be an announcement tonight, Halloween is too good a fun thing to miss out on after all most streets willl have Zombies on them tonight. :)

Edited by sav112

You're lying...  I can tell.  

Secretly Fraggle is Rocket.  Why does Fraggle know so much?  Have any of you ever questioned that?  It's because Fraggle is Rocket.  

Plot twist Orlok is Matt Lightfoot's dad.

Fraggle Rock (et) I Like it!

Edited by sav112
  • Like 2