SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

If we don't get a devblog from that amount of gaming I'd be surprised.

If zombies won't delay an alpha release, I'm sure sound won't delay it as well since Rocket did say they wanted to push the alpha out the door but that's not confirmed, that's just my guess.

I just wish people stopped jumping into conclusions to think it'd happen until something comes up from their end. All we can do is wait.

Is it intentional that the train station looks almost identical to that in Cherno?

no, I just google image searched "drama train".

• Like 1

If you mods need more people (there was 17 people out of 156 online) sign me and some other nice dudes in, we has been patient and nice and following every move, considering us as half devs as we critize everything you do with our Complain trains :3, If later you need more peeps and you can't fill in the server for higher grade stability test, you know where to find us just PM us :P

• Like 1

no, I just google image searched "drama train".

And ironically enough, Drama is the name of the city this station is in.

EDIT: Basically, if you are on the Drama train, you probably live in Drama city :D

Edited by Armaggedon97

Off final release? Yes of course, but isn't that a given? 

Partly due to never having played the game and not having a PC able just now I just want to start playing what I’d considering a full release only. An acceptable level of build and stability and as few of the features not broken as they can manage. I’m interested in seeing what’s new in the testing or Alpha builds mind you but even if they dropped the SA final now I still would not be playing till march when the new machine drops and I have it for the new Elite game.

So what can we expect?

limited testing phase

larger testing phase

Alpha stage

Beta stage

Code release (First final release) 

If you mods need more people (there was 17 people out of 156 online) sign me and some other nice dudes in, we has been patient and nice and following every move, considering us as half devs as we critize everything you do with our Complain trains :3, If later you need more peeps and you can't fill in the server for higher grade stability test, you know where to find us just PM us :P

Ey--uh--don't forget me, too. Remember, I helped to keep this community's sanity while we were waiting (and we still are).. and um.. you know.. uhh.. I can.. uh... follow directions! I'm good at following directions!

and my post count is bigger than yours! ;)

Edited by HumanBeing25

bit too late for a devblog

Devblogs might continue even after the release.

I'm expecting to see at least one devblog before the release.

Ey--uh--don't forget me, too. Remember, I helped to keep this community's sanity while we were waiting (and we still are).. and um.. you know.. uhh.. I can.. uh... follow directions! I'm good at following directions!

Yes let him in to show me directions, I get lost very easily. :3

PM me too please Mr Rocket! I will find them BUGS!

Yes let him in to show me directions, I get lost very easily. :3

lol, are you that "" guy who left a comment on the server? haha :D'

Edited by HumanBeing25

lol, are you that "" guy who left a comment on the server? haha :D'

No, its not me... <.>

He told my full name to everyone here...

7297048442_5806373096_z.jpg

Whoever tries to add me on FB i will KoS him ingame.

Edited by Aporis

No, its not me... <.>

He told my full name to everyone here...

7297048442_5806373096_z.jpg

Whoever tries to add me on FB i will KoS him ingame.

edited it out. you should probably not post on there then :D hehe

My primary concern with this game is that it might feel like arma2 since its based on the same engine rv3.

Character textures and sky looks good but judging from screenshots, tree's, grass, etc looks the same :/

Edited by Zanders

My primary concern with this game is that it might feel like arma2 since its based on the same engine rv3.

Character textures and sky looks good but judging from screenshots, tree's, grass, etc looks the same :/

Something i'm also eager to find out.

My only primary concern with this game is that it might feel like arma2 since its based on the same engine rv3.

I don't think so. They have done a lot of changes to the animations such as being able to shoot while running and the strafing looks entirely different. The movements when moving from crouch to prone and able to sprint while crouching seems ideal to me. It's a modded RV3 engine which is basically an ARMA 2.5.

Trees are suppose to look more full and flourished comparing to ARMA 2. Grass looks slightly better, I just hope the trees and grass along with buildings don't create big fps drops.

PM me too please Mr Rocket! I will find them BUGS!

Smashing bugs! Oh wait. I want to find bugs too... Oh well, I guess we'll get to find them in the Alpha!

PS: My postcount is higher than humanbeings, piiickk mee insteaaad or else I'll eat your brains during halloween.

Edited by voddler

Grass n trees look new to me what ive seen from devblogs

I don't know why people get so worried, it's easy to see they have spent a lot of time creating all new models, props, animation. Much of it has an Arma3 look/quality to it despite being a mix and match custom version.

I am wondering about swimming and the ocean. Have they any plans to make swimming less stupid like in Arma 2 originally?

• Like 1

I am wondering about swimming and the ocean. Have they any plans to make swimming less stupid like in Arma 2 originally?

I had thought about that too. I hope the swimming is the same as ARMA 3 is. The one in ARMA 2 is way too bad to have again.