ibux (DayZ)

Dayz sa with no zombies?

I was thinking, since the new version of the game will have many new ways and challenges that can get you killed maybe a extra mode in sa with no zombies would be fun as well?

I'd call it Day.

• Like 20

Like I said, DayZ without zombies is basically a life simulator. You eat, drink, walk around, commit murders/crimes.

Like Gews used my joke reference, it'd be called "Day".

If you're looking for a TDM-style game, I'd suggest playing Arma 2 or 3.

I was thinking, since the new version of the game will have many new ways and challenges that can get you killed maybe a extra mode in sa with no zombies would be fun as well?

i think you are looking for ArmA 2 or ArmA 3

I prefer the survival aspect and exploration of dayz, but i dont think it need zombie`s, if there was other replacement threats.

I do like the zombie`s as well, tho. I have arma 2 and 3, but i dont realy play them, as they are not the games i prefer to play.

Why is it that some people are so scared of different options to play the same game?

Edited by ibux

I prefer the survival aspect and exploration of dayz, but i dont think it need zombie`s, if there was other replacement threats.

I do like the zombie`s as well, tho. I have arma 2 and 3, but i dont realy play them, as they are not the games i prefer to play.

Why is it that some people are so scared of different options to play the same game?

Without zombies, there is no real "survival" aspect left. It would just end up being a really slow TDM, lol.

Without zombies, there is no real "survival" aspect left. It would just end up being a really slow TDM, lol.

To me it felt like the mod was a slow tdm with the zombie`s. Most of my clan buddy`s focused on gearing up to kill other people, and nerly all players you met in game kos. The  zombie`s don`t really make it hard to survive

If the zombie`s for SA are zero % ready, as Dean says, then maybe it would be fun to explore other options until they are ready.

Edited by ibux
  • Like 1

Try life mod servers  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Normally i'm not like this...but:

Play f*cking Wasteland if you don't want Zeds and lots of PVP...

I didn`t play life, but wasteland suck, and im not realy into pvp.

I dont want to play the mod

Edited by ibux

I don't understand why people are being so rude here.

It sounds like folks are stuck in the PvP/PvE "videogame" mindset and completely overlooking the fact that DayZmod has barely even touched on "survival" aspects.

O/T.

I think we can safely assume that the Zeds are here to stay. They're pretty much the main features of DayZ.

With SA, it's looking like the nature of the game will shift quite a bit away from fighting Zeds or fighting players, towards fighting tooth and nail against the environment and fighting for your life.

Plus zombies everywhere and everyone is trying to kill you.

The survival elements WILL be expanded upon, to create a much greater challenge. But zombies and other players will always be there as just another threat to contend with.

At least, that's the way I hope it turns out.

Wait and see what Rocket and the guys have in store, I suppose.

EDIT:

I'm guessing folks currently just see looting / scavenging as a means to an end. They're really gearing up for combat.

Ideally, for SA, any and all combat will be background fluff to the REAL fight, for survival.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

I want/hope for the same as Chabowski for SA

IMO, i think in the end it may be a bit to hardcore for most people, since there

are so many mod servers aimed to make the game easy mode.

Edited by ibux

DayZ is a zombie game, without zombies it's not DayZ anymore. ArmA 2 has many similar mods without zombies.

What noone said so far though, is that the way the mod is played, is based on YOU. You play just to kill others? It's a PvP. You play to kill zombies? It's a PvE. You play it for the survivalistic aspect? It's a horror-survival(I guess). 

Zombies are not a threat if you don't just run around shooting an Enfield. Sneaking and patience makes zomies(and usually players) useless against you.

Have to agree with enforcer and other posters, what you are describing is wasteland. Wasteland isn't even a mod, its just a mission file. You should defo try it out...still has food and drink, also has money to spend at stores all over the map. And.....no zombies, jus what your looking for.

For me though Day z needs zombies. I play both arma2 and dayz and love them both for different reasons. but imagine if you didn't see anyone for a while in dayz, some days iv played all evening and only seen 1 person. During these times the zeds keep me entertained.....and sometimes catch me out :) especialy with all the new stuff to make em harder, knockdown, infection, increased damage per hit and so on.

All uuuuuhhhhing aside, a pure survival game sans zombies would be great if it was harsh and realistic.  I just don't think it would work on the Chernarus map though.  It would need some hardcore wilderness and lots of deadly animals.

...id like to see a version of the SA without zeds/infected....

• Like 1

...id like to see a version of the SA without zeds/infected....

Actually, I would like that as well. Maybe not DayZ, but with the same concept. A very unforgiving survival sim.

• Like 1

how about unknown enemies you cannot simply see or grasp... things that lurk in the shadows. so you have to look for food and stuff at day and have to build fortifications for the night....where the creepers come out to hunt you down...

mild references to modern pop culture included

Edited by joe_mcentire