rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

As of when I am making this post there is a bug that causes animal bodies to despawn within 10 seconds of being killed. I killed a sheep, gutted it, was about to start looting when it just spawned. This needs to be fixed asap as it will be difficult to gather meat with such a short timer.

Update:

Tested this again with a pig I found. Body sank into the ground as if it was being hidden within 10 seconds of me shooting it.

Having intensively played the mod a couple of days, I don't think the unarmed start is a good idea.

The good thing is location priority for many advanced players has changed to be more logical. First you take care of the tools, bags, food, medical supplies, then you go at the NW airport or Stary Sobor. Used to be just go straight north since the supplies allowed it. The bad thing is it seems like people stopped caring. Aggro a zombie? Run into a building. No gun? Press respawn. Break a bone? Press respawn. Bleed and you already used your only bandage? Respawn. I think it's made the game not so much more challenging, but rather more tedious.

-Crawling over objects causes you to stand up

This is a real bugbear for me.

This and crawling down steps killing you makes things feel pretty unfair sometimes.

Yes, the standing up can be very lethal. I remember being able to crawl into a barn; now I can't - for most bawns at least.

I also have significant problems walking into standard residential houses (the ones with the yellow/green wallpaper and the dark wooden entrance). It's as if the whole thing has become extremely narrow.

I get stuck in the doorway 4 out of 5 times.

How do you guys feel about this, for the next hotfix:

"Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)"

So a line-of-sight check is done before agro'ing audibility - and if cut by terrain/object the power of the sound is reduced by 50%

How do you guys feel about this' date=' for the next hotfix:

"Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)"

So a line-of-sight check is done before agro'ing audibility - and if cut by terrain/object the power of the sound is reduced by 50%

[/quote']

I think that's a great idea personally :)

The unarmed start is not a good idea for now because zombies have ridiculous hearing abilities and they may see through walls (at least sometimes it feels like it) so sneaking at the moment is very hard but if that is fixed then starting without a gun is fine.

[NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death (improves performance)

I also dislike this change, i never had any performance problems with the game to begin with and i liked to be able to see if there has been a survivor recently in an area i go through, it added to the atmosphere and made you be more careful but now that's gone since 5 minutes is not enough.

Also is it just me or is M1911 way too common? From my experiences it's more common than makarov which is stupid since 1911 is the best handgun in the game with one hit kills so shouldn't it be a little more rare?

[/quote']

Sounds good to me. It is not realistic to sprint full speed over the other side of a stonefence without attracting the zombie hiding on the other side. So i think it would be a good idea.

[/quote']

Sounds like a good plan.

Meanwhile, small point, despawning of dead animals, its a bit fast at the moment. There is no time to gut it and take the meat if you are not right next to it when you shot it.

Anyone having issues with putting down tents? Was fine before the patch but now I can't put mine down anywhere! Literally tried 40-50 spots, and before someone asks the question, yes I did make sure I wasn't around anything and checked the elevation... Nothing. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue.

[/quote']

Could you or someone on your team do a real world experiment for this to get a generally accurate result?

ie: get a decibel meter and someone to walk around outside a room at the office (or house) with hard wearing floors at a similar level noise to the in game sound level to find a basis for the experiment.

Then get them to walk around inside the room with the door closed/opened, record from outside the room and calculate the percentage difference from this?

Having said that, I think 50% is a good starting point.

But a sound experiment like the above might surprisingly increase or decrease the level 20% either way.

If door open/Closed could have a varying level it would make for an interesting change in indoor behavior.

Like remembering to close the door before moving around.

Are there any plans on changing the probability of legs breaking or changing morphine spawns? Cause as is I keep getting my legs broken seemingly every 5 hits and crawling for miles to find morphine is kinda awful.

The rate of it also makes melee weapons unusable... ._.

Meanwhile' date=' small point, despawning of dead animals, its a bit fast at the moment. There is no time to gut it and take the meat if you are not right next to it when you shot it.

[/quote']

Shit, you're right I just checked.

Also, can you confirm the animals actually move around? I.e. specifically the animal in the incident you are describing. And how fast did it move (should it move faster)

Pretty solid release. Zombies are good, they can see, but don't have super-hearing.

Only issue is reconnecting and passing out even though I was at 12000 blood one time and 9k another time. 5 minute timer when you are fine is pretty nerve-wracking.

I really appreciate the zombie adjustments though, 1.7.1.4 was too brutal.

Edit: Yeah rocket, animals are moving. I think it would be cool if they ran when you shot at them, but that is not that crucial.

Meanwhile' date=' small point, despawning of dead animals, its a bit fast at the moment. There is no time to gut it and take the meat if you are not right next to it when you shot it.

[/quote']

Shit, you're right I just checked.

Also, can you confirm the animals actually move around? I.e. specifically the animal in the incident you are describing. And how fast did it move (should it move faster)

This is kinda odd imo, I killed 3 animals earlier and gutted them all just fine without any despawning. They do move, sorta sometimes, bit more than prior, but not much still. Only rabbits move a lot still, which is kinda how it was before. Otherwise they still stand around a lot and move so very slightly if they do.

I will add what ive experienced...played on EU12 1.7.1.5

Zeds hearing and seeing seems fine to me, i managed to stealth loot all of Zelengorsk without firing a shot.

I found one zed stood still inside a building, and i thought animals walk around now, all animals i seen stand still.

Tents to me seem far to easy to find, i think they should be one of the more rare items.

I think morphine should be easier to find, increase chance more that army zed will have morphine.

Thank you DayZ team for all the work you put into this.

btw Best patch yet!!!

Pretty solid release. Zombies are good' date=' they can see, but don't have super-hearing.

Only issue is reconnecting and passing out even though I was at 12000 blood one time and 9k another time. 5 minute timer when you are fine is pretty nerve-wracking.

I really appreciate the zombie adjustments though, 1.7.1.4 was too brutal.

Edit: Yeah rocket, animals are moving. I think it would be cool if they ran when you shot at them, but that is not that crucial.

[/quote']

Or rabbits don't take Meth all day.

They drop 1 steak and are so freaking hard to hit because they run around like mad even when unthreatened.

Also is it just me or is M1911 way too common? From my experiences it's more common than makarov which is stupid since 1911 is the best handgun in the game with one hit kills so shouldn't it be a little more rare?

I have no experiences on this but the M9SD is quite better I'd say. You can easily dispose enemy Zs who are in a building you want to enter with a good headshot without his buddy realizing whats happening.

Also perfect for hunting because you are not heard killing the animal over several hundred meters.

But judging by the punch, rate of fire and magazine capacity you are of course right.

For me animals derp around, ie walking on the spot. The can't handle hills, I notice they're bad at terrain changes. Watched a cow derp on a railway line for a minute earlier before putting it out of it's misery with a crowbar to the face. Overall they walk derply on the spot to much.

Derp.

Animals moving faster would be freaking cool !

If you fire one bullet at a cow it should take off across the field and you have to chase it to try and get some more bullets into it hehe

Would make for some funny videos ... cue benny hill music :D

Prone, in high grass, crawling up to the completely closed backside of a shed, zombie INSIDE apparently sees/hears and comes running at me.

Prone, in high grass, crawling toward the door of a house, zombie INSIDE apparently hears/sees me, shuffles out the door and comes at me.

Just a little bit too sensitive. Seems like the prone nerf you removed previously made it's way back in.

I have had no issues with animals disappearing, I do usually gut them though as soon as I kill them so maybe I'm doing it too fast to notice them going. And I do like the new animal animations, it would be nice if they ran away at speed if they detected you, this would make hunting a fun mechanic like avoiding zombies except instead of the boar rushing at you eating your face off when it detects you it would just run away and you have to track it and maybe go prone as you get closer.