rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

Issue: too buildings with zombies in them, at least 60-70% so far. Hard to enter without a pistol or some sort of relatively quiet weapon.

Not reading through all 15 pages... My feedback....Zeds upon you from almost the moment you spawn in and they're fast and someone had the bright idea of taking away our gun. UFB

wow, just wow

I will say that 1.7.1.5 is a huge improvement. Not having a starting weapon doesn't hurt so bad anymore. Once you find a hatchet, stalking zombies and killing them (as long as you catch them in ones or twos. Is kinda fun.

In response to the noise you make being determined by the amount of gear you have: I'd have to vote no. It is very possible to walk quietly with a weapon and a pretty significant load in your pack.....especially when your life depends on it. I don't think this should be messed with "artificially". I think it should remain dependent on how a player uses the existing "stealth" system.

Also, was I mistaken or did I see that it is somehow now possible to swim without losing all of your gear?

Can you tell me EXACTLY how you are runnign the BETA from steam? Ive seen the other threads but couldnt get it to work.

1) Install the beta files into your Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@Dayz\addons folder (create if you haven't already)

2) In your arma2 operation arrowhead folder (as above) right click on the Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch shortcut. Leave that up and ready, you will need it in next steps

3) In steam, bottom left button: + Add a game (non steam app)

4) Copy the text from the beta patch shortcut's target and start in fields (both fields copied over accordingly)

5) Restart Steam

6) Run the new app

7) Go into Expansions, make sure you've enabled them, most importantly @Dayz

8) Restart the new app, you're ready to play, wth steam overlay

Cant wait to try it out. Going from 1.7.1.2 to 1.7.1.4 gave me a huge fps increase. Waiting till I can find some servers and for the mirror to be less busy xD

FYI if you want to take out your axe and you already have a main weapon. Put your ammo for your main weapon in your pack FIRST, then the weapon. Then pull out the axe.

Just dropped a whole bunch of shells in a field to pull out the axe, bagged my main weapon, but it just dumped all my shells on the ground. That was fun finding with a black and white screen -.-

^ @ Terrorviktor: Why did you make the same post twice?

I don't think I did? :)

Someone quoted my original post though.

EDIT: Also:

Can you tell me EXACTLY how you are runnign the BETA from steam? Ive seen the other threads but couldnt get it to work.

Sent you a PM.

I will say that 1.7.1.5 is a huge improvement. Not having a starting weapon doesn't hurt so bad anymore. Once you find a hatchet' date=' stalking zombies and killing them (as long as you catch them in ones or twos. Is kinda fun.

[/quote']

^^ this

The update was delayed because I lost track of time. I was having too much fun sneaking around towns with a hatchet.

All those having stealth problems, stick to the edges of houses, stay crouched, pick your path. You can't just run anyway, you need to bound between objects and stick close to the side of buildings to reduce your visibility.

Running on the road is both loud and obvious. You should never do this. You either cross quickly in crouch, or your crawl across. Never walk. Treat roads like rivers.

• Like 1

Noticed the crouching player makes more noise in the undergrowth while moving forwards (one bar) than backwards or strafing (zero bars).

While having a hatchet equiped and picking up a winchester to put in my backpack it deleted the winchester(I dont think i had enough room to pick it up). Its gone now.

My FPS is still horrible for some reason. I run through steam and updated manually.

The other "new" features worked though! I was a little worried about what was going to happen when I moved my Military Flashlight in my backpack to my active inventory but it placed itself nicely in the tool slots. :)

Would it be possible to alter how much sound you give away depending on how much gear you have? It would make sense that a guy with the assault pack and a pistol generates less sound while moving then a guy with a large backpack' date=' lots and lots of tools hanging around and an assault rifle. It would also work as a "class system" that many people are (for some reason...) asking for. We have overwatch, medics and so on right now. Maybe a runner/scavenger would be fitting. Have less stuff in your inventory and a smaller backpack and you won't make a sound when raiding those houses. :)

Because right now I sneak by every infected very very easily.

[/quote']

I'll do it for ya: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2728714

Have Fun ;D

For those of us who are semi-retarded. I clicked the link http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php to download the newest beta patch for arma 2' date=' but I need an account and pw to download it.

Obviously, I am not doing this right. Where is the safest place to download this file. I had a friend help me install this the first time. I am not looking for a full walkthrough, just a quick set of directions. Thanks! :D

[/quote']

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip

what me and other people get when we click the direct link like what you provided:

http://i.imgur.com/G7IqY.png

lol

Zombie behavior seems much improved. I was able to crawl close to zombies without getting noticed.

I saw side chat was back. Is that a server setting, or is side chat back on all servers now?

Rocket, have you considered getting rid of the packpack as starting item in the next patch? I think that would be good.

It would seem zombs can knock you out and break bones when at max bloodz. Is this classed as a bug or is it a new feature? I was just wondering.

I ran into a zomb and it 1 hit ko'ed me. (yes in my mind i was like FALCON PUNCH) xD

^^ this

The update was delayed because I lost track of time. I was having too much fun sneaking around towns with a hatchet.

All those having stealth problems' date=' stick to the edges of houses, stay crouched, pick your path. You can't just run anyway, you need to bound between objects and stick close to the side of buildings to reduce your visibility.

Running on the road is both loud and obvious. You should never do this. You either cross quickly in crouch, or your crawl across. Never walk. Treat roads like rivers.

[/quote']

lolol. I definitely noticed that being next to the edges of buildings, etc made you much less visible. I love the detail you are going into with the mod, Rocket. I will post my feedback once I get off work and can test the new patch out.

-Snackpacking

www.twitch.tv/snackpacking

New arma2 beta patch has:

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

Time to disable that crap.

Oh yeah, for some reason the lights on my G17 won't work. If i press L 20 times it will sometimes turn on, but then I have a really hard time making it turn off again. :)

Dayz or ArmA or something else?

I will say that 1.7.1.5 is a huge improvement. Not having a starting weapon doesn't hurt so bad anymore. Once you find a hatchet' date=' stalking zombies and killing them (as long as you catch them in ones or twos. Is kinda fun.

[/quote']

^^ this

All those having stealth problems, stick to the edges of houses, stay crouched, pick your path. You can't just run anyway, you need to bound between objects and stick close to the side of buildings to reduce your visibility.

i feel like this should repeated on every topic/ page on this forum

1) Install the beta files into your Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@Dayz\addons folder (create if you haven't already)

2) In your arma2 operation arrowhead folder (as above) right click on the Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch shortcut. Leave that up and ready' date=' you will need it in next steps

3) In steam, bottom left button: + Add a game (non steam app)

4) Copy the text from the beta patch shortcut's target and start in fields (both fields copied over accordingly)

5) Restart Steam

6) Run the new app

7) Go into Expansions, make sure you've enabled them, most importantly @Dayz

8) Restart the new app, you're ready to play, wth steam overlay

[/quote']

Thank you. This worked.

The raycasting works! I aggro'd a zombie while trying to run to one of the 5 story blocks and ran all the way upstairs and up the ladder. I just waited there, hearing him slowly walk up the stairs, then back down, where I later saw him wandering off on a side street. Huzzah for this!

FPS-drop gone. Even at Cherno fps was about 40 with zeds around you. \o/.

Great feature - that you can put axe and flashlight into the toolbelt. No loot problems.

Tent - still cant get it into any sencible place. But that has never been a big problem. Nice comeback after few trial and errors.

Just picked up a watch, all ammo i had was dropped (both sidearm and main)

EDIT: happened the exact same when picking up matches (another toolbelt item)