rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

Well first death of 1.7.1.5...had just over 9k health...a hopper hit me once' date=' knocked me unconcious + bleeding...ate me alive. So much for that Czeck pack I just found.

-.- le sigh

[/quote']

that isn't really a bug...thats a game feature.

Tested the 7.5 update 30 minutes:

- So far zombie movement/actions look good

- No FPS drops when zombies are around

Tomorrow evening i will be able to test more.

Zombies still seem like they can see through walls.. Was in a barn and crouched down and a zombie came running for me.

I was just wondering if there was a plan in action to make corpses, zombie and player alike, disappear instantly or at least within a few minutes after hiding it?

I know as of right now (pre 1.7.1.5 that is) the corpses stay on the server / screen (if hidden on a non ground level position) for a very very very long time even after being hidden. And god knows that is causing FPS problems, desync / connection issues, lag, and extra unneeded load on the servers & players PCs.

This feedback is pre 1.7.1.5 feedback as I am still at work atm and haven't downloaded and played the new patch yet.

But I don't see anything in the notes mentioning hiding / hidden bodies so I figured I would mention it because I was unsure if this patch note (* [NEW] Infected bodies will despawn after 5 minutes of their death (improves performance) included hidden bodies or not. (I will assume yes but it is better to be safe then sorry)

I have no idea why so many people need a password to download the hotfixes. Never seen that before. I always use the torrent and just manually overwrite files in the @dayz folder never had an issue. Use the torrent! 6launcher has never worked for me.

Frame rate seems a little smoother. Zombies are better. Melee works better than I ever thought it could. Still dropping all gear when equipping watch/compass etc. Also still seems like there's too many cans, not enough useful loot around.

Distracting Zeds seems to work much better now. But don't ever throw a flare inside a building. It will cause the building to collapse around you and you will be stuck in the rubble.

I have no idea why so many people need a password to download the hotfixes. Never seen that before. I always use the torrent and just manually overwrite files in the @dayz folder never had an issue. Use the torrent! 6launcher has never worked for me.

Frame rate seems a little smoother. Zombies are better. Melee works better than I ever thought it could. Still dropping all gear when equipping watch/compass etc. Also still seems like there's too many cans' date=' not enough useful loot around.

Distracting Zeds seems to work much better now. But don't ever throw a flare inside a building. It will cause the building to collapse around you and you will be stuck in the rubble.

[/quote']

They are not talking about the DayZ Updates/hotfixes. They are referring to the Arma II Beta files. A new version came out this morning (one of the easy to see features is small green 'fuel' meters next to each clip in your inventory). I downloaded said beta about 6 hours ago and had no issues.

The Server war begins, as many servers are still updating players will rape there "Enter" keys without mercy and with the hope that the last 59/60 slot will be theirs :)

FIGHT ON BROTHERS! FIGHT ON! :D

Frame rate seems a little smoother. Zombies are better. Melee works better than I ever thought it could. Still dropping all gear when equipping watch/compass etc. Also still seems like there's too many cans' date=' not enough useful loot around.

[/quote']

I don't know if it's patch related, but I seem to be having great luck distracting by throwing cans (although sometimes I sure can throw them FAR!)... AND I can thrown things while prone now... I didn't used to be able to....

I find being part of the iterative process of development quite interesting.

Fps drops may be addressed to latest beta patch, seems it touched video settings somehow. Because when I look in different ways, FPS meter changes noticeable.

Random vision jumps, seems it changes when zs LOS vector is pointing to player, even inside a building like church, with closed doors.

Rocket, is there any better way to balance the prone because you are moving SLOWER than crouchwalking which makes you able to be seen but not heard but when proning you can be heard louder than crouchwalking and can be seen two bars harder. Is there any way to better balance this?

Hey,

There must be a happy medium here... one minute I'm a carefree survivor armed to the teeth, roaming around avoiding the brain dead undead. The next, I'm a starving, terrified, unarmed noise machine, heading a zombie train!!

If I have no guns, no food and no meds to start with, you'd better make sure I can find them without spending the entire night crawling from hut to hut (most likely because a Z broke my leg when I stood up by accident) town to town (because the first hospital had no morphine).

More fun please Rocket!

So far zombie aggro seems better, I've passed by zombies quite closely far, from both in front and back. With no aggro (mind you my definition 'closely' and others may vary), definitly an improvement over 1.7.1.4.

Still not sure what was up with that one hopper that killed me though.

I also though zombies were suppose to spawn IN buildings...not ON buildings. I just found a zombie on top of a non enterable shack lol. I dubbed him the 'Rooster Zed'.

[/quote']

They are not talking about the DayZ Updates/hotfixes. They are referring to the Arma II Beta files. A new version came out this morning (one of the easy to see features is small green 'fuel' meters next to each clip in your inventory). I downloaded said beta about 6 hours ago and had no issues.

Oops I realized that after I posted. Sorry. But still, I've never been asked for a password to download the beta files either.

Sorry to speak out of turn, but when exactly are tents going to be deleted or has this happened already? I have updated and my server is updated. I am just wondering if it is safe to start unpacking again or is this yet to happen?

Adding morphine to the starting pack would greatly alleviate some unfun frustration.

Then there I was prone in a building while typing my last comment and aggro'd 3 zombies.....who needs 6k health? Psh not me.

Its a solid changelog, I'm happiest about the hatchet not being a primary anymore. Same with the flashlight, that makes a little bit more sense to me at least. Keep the update train rolling!