rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

Can you please make a seperate announcement telling how to install arma2:OA beta and why its important?

Because lots of people on my clan server STILL have no clue on what to do when they get the invisible glitch.

Thanks.

Go to >> http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php <<

Click the left link in the green bar to download latest patch.

Extract the files using a program such as '7-zip'.

Run the installer and you're done.

No... No... No... Stop applying these hotfixes!

I get in from work, download the hotfix (Now 200Mb), play for an hour or so, go get tea etc etc come back and play for another hour.

Go to bed, get back in from work and BAM another hotfix! Why Why Why :(

Only kidding dude keep up the good work, nice to see that crawling is the new crouch running :)

No... No... No... Stop applying these hotfixes!

I get in from work' date=' download the hotfix (Now 200Mb), play for an hour or so, go get tea etc etc come back and play for another hour.

Go to bed, get back in from work and BAM another hotfix! Why Why Why :(

Only kidding dude keep up the good work, nice to see that crawling is the new crouch running :)

[/quote']

lol u had me worried for a sec..

For those having problrems with downloading....(This worked for me)

I bought my arma 2 game from bistudio so what i thought to do is use my bistudio username and password and it accepted it.Try it if you have one.

This is for the beta problems.

So did the tent wipe happen, or does it happen as each server upgrades to 1.7.1.5?

Didn't update and played yet, but are the flashlights still taking 5 slots in the backpack? I don't think so, but since there were no mention at all... It's just to update the wiki :)

The only feedback I have so far is based on the server list (not the Six Updater one). It seems that every server that has currently updated to both the new ArmA2 beta and 1.7.1.5 has a ping of 2500. This is based on all DayZ - UK# and DayZ - EU# servers. I'm connecting from the UK.

Rcoket I tested the new patch and I see that you have added a green bar on ammo does that mean the database will keep track on how much is left in it?

Just loaded up a 1.7.1.5 server. I loaded in bleeding...I know I wasn't bleeding when I logged.

I installed the update, and logged into the wilderness. Where I am stuck. I can run around normal, have all my gear, and I assume I could murder the other people there, though I have not tried (Snuck a makarov into some guys backpack though, he looked like he needed a weapon. SECRET SANTA)

Anyways, applied the latest beta patch just in case, and joined multiple servers.

Seems I'm stuck out there. I'd like not to respawn, but c'est la vie if that's the only way to fix it. Any one else having this issue?

I could post into the troubleshooting forums but this is relevant to this patch I believe.

Sorry for asking but can you pitch a tent now' date=' have not been able to to that since 1.5.6[/quote']

Placing a tent in 1.7.1.4 was nearly impossible for me, and there's nothing about fixing tent placement in 1.7.1.5 (except closing the gear when you place) so probably still broken.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but tents have been wiped, correct?

And I don't have to worry about putting a tent down now and having it disappear?

Rcoket I tested the new patch and I see that you have added a green bar on ammo does that mean the database will keep track on how much is left in it?

That is a Arma Beta Patch feature

we cant download the newest beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php cause its password protected ???

I just downloaded it fine from there' date=' No password needed.

[/quote']

Me too, I clicked it about 5 times and it let me in. Obviously a lot of traffic, so just be patient.

Everything looks fine except there is still random fps drop from 60 to 15-20. It keeps about 5-15 seconds, reverts back to 60 and some time (10-60sec) later repeats.

Not sure what causing it, there is about 20 zombies around and they aggroing normal.

Almost made it: stealth sneak to Z and kill it with hatchet. But at 2 meters without any sound bars he has turned to me and knocked me out :D seems legit.

[FIXED] Infected sometimes spawn close to a player (previous check once, now up to ten times)

I walked up to a deer stand where no one else had been since the server restart. The zeds spawned but far, far away from me (not around the deer stand but in the middle of the field).

It was a little too easy to loot IMO.

A couple of early observations:

I was on Seattle 23, I think.

I can see those brighter circles where the zombies are. The closer they are, the larger the circles are.

I can very slowly crawl up to zombies and when they see me, since I am prone, they go through the attack animation but don't hurt me. I then axe them handily and down they go.

I found a crowbar and I was anxious to try it out. When I tried to pick it up, it showed in my gear, but I was still holding my axe on my character. I shortly thereafter found ANOTHER crowbar, and the graphic changed and it dropped the hatchet(axe) onto the ground.

When I swing the crowbar, it makes a cool pistol firing/ricochet noise. I doubt that was intended, but it feels kinda cool, nonetheless.

Edit: Probably should have mentioned that for my very short test, I saw loot including crowbar, food, drink, some ammo, a watch, &c. Seems ok, at least for the half dozen or so loot spots I ran into.

Well first death of 1.7.1.5...had just over 9k health...a hopper hit me once, knocked me unconcious + bleeding...ate me alive. So much for that Czeck pack I just found.

-.- le sigh

Zombie spotting still a bit wonky sometimes. Crouch walking slowly in the upper parts of the barn you can see your visibility meter jumping to max randomly. I just aggroed 3 zombies by crouch standing still in the top of the first set of stairs in the barn where there is no visibility outside. It was strange.

Otherwise, good build!

Everything looks fine except there is still random fps drop from 60 to 15-20. It keeps about 5-15 seconds' date=' reverts back to 60 and some time (10-60sec) later repeats.

Not sure what causing it, there is about 20 zombies around and they aggroing normal.

Almost made it: stealth sneak to Z and kill it with hatchet. But at 2 meters without any sound bars he has turned to me and knocked me out :D seems legit.

[/quote']

Yeah this is an issue. If I'm making "no sound" and the zombie doesn't see me, I should be able to melee him