8GB DDR3 Memory (got 10fps on this)

Pc : (Haven't tried yet)

Windows 7 64 bit

8GB Ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

TB of STORAGE

Intel Core i5 CPU 760 @ 2.8 GHZ, 2801 Mhz, 4 core(s) 4 logical

Really appreciate any feedback guys , DayZ looks awesome

I got an idea, i'll post a spec everyone can get down with, even dayz. ok ladies and gents listen up to the ultimate computer you can buy but without busting a new hole in your wallet:).

First i'll do an Intel setup for the Intel fans. These do not include HDD and or OS.

Intel Extreme Motherboard 3 series and up, 32gig max or 64gigs max with the 7 series, either one is good

Intel I5/i7 quadcore/eightcore processors, doesn't matter, really its $$$ at this point, but as long as the cpu speed is over 3.1ghz, your golden

Gtx-ge-force 4 series and Up

Intel Solid State Drive 520/read/500write 60gb 120gb 180gb 280gb(again it's $$$ at that point)

Thermal Lake Powersupply 700/850watts (your choice gold/bronze)

CoolMaster Liquid cooling System (water pump)

kingston Hyperx ddr3 2400 16GB (2X8) RAM

Now for the AMD fans

Asus Sabertooth 990FX 32gig/64gig (they make two models)

AMD FX-8350 Vishera (4.0GHZ) EightCore

HIS Iceq Turbo Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Kingston HyperX 3K 120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive

Thermal Lake 700/800Wat power supply(gold/Bronze)

Build anything anywhere near that and your so fing ready to play its not even funny!!!

Actually out of curiousty what is the requirement to run extreme max settings for this game these dayz

Edited by zfleming12

I got an idea, i'll post a spec everyone can get down with, even dayz. ok ladies and gents listen up to the ultimate computer you can buy but without busting a new hole in your wallet:).

First i'll do an Intel setup for the Intel fans. These do not include HDD and or OS.

Intel Extreme Motherboard 3 series and up, 32gig max or 64gigs max with the 7 series, either one is good

Intel I5/i7 quadcore/eightcore processors, doesn't matter, really its $$$ at this point, but as long as the cpu speed is over 3.1ghz, your golden

Gtx-ge-force 4 series and Up

Intel Solid State Drive 520/read/500write 60gb 120gb 180gb 280gb(again it's $$$ at that point)

Thermal Lake Powersupply 700/850watts (your choice gold/bronze)

Now for the AMD fans

Asus Sabertooth 990FX 32gig/64gig (they make two models)

AMD FX-8350 Vishera (4.0GHZ) EightCore

HIS Iceq Turbo Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Kingston HyperX 3K 120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive

Thermal Lake 700/800Wat power supply(gold/Bronze)

Build anything anywhere near that and your so fing ready to play its not even funny!!!

You should revise that, make two builds for the budget pc gamer. BTW an FX 6350 Vishera will do just fine IMO.

i know, but if you gonna do it, do it. Don't spend money if in 1 year later you gotta upgrade. i think atleast 3 years in advance when it comes to computer parts. gotta stay on the curve not behind it or adhead of it,stay behind you become out dated,stay adhead you get ripped off because 2 months from then, it's gonna be "out-dated" by the latest and greatest. if you are on the curve you wont waste money, you'll be fairly updated, and the performance is almost flawless. thats the reason i picked the 8350. i give people a image of what they actually want, but what their wallets aren't afraid of. KEY

i know, but if you gonna do it, do it. Don't spend money if in 1 year later you gotta upgrade. i think atleast 3 years in advance when it comes to computer parts. gotta stay on the curve not behind it or adhead of it,stay behind you become out dated,stay adhead you get ripped off because 2 months from then, it's gonna be "out-dated" by the latest and greatest. if you are on the curve you wont waste money, you'll be fairly updated, and the performance is almost flawless. thats the reason i picked the 8350. i give people a image of what they actually want, but what their wallets aren't afraid of. KEY

I think it's safe to say a 6350 will give you some nice years... You're not really losing anything when you go with AMD especially with how much money you'll spend compared to an intel. I think you should keep the future to some extent, but I'd just build a budget pc that's easy to upgrade in the future.

There's two types of people, one's that can spend money and those that have to keep an eye on it. I think it's safe to say many of the people building pc's are budget gamers. FX 6350 will do you justice, even 2 years from now. But if you're heavy duty with your computer, I agree settle for an 8350 vishera.

Edit: Just since you made the builds based on "anything better than this should be good" why not just start from "medicore" like a 6350 Vishera? :P Then people can just build their way up from there.

I just think with AMD you're more "Safer" so to speak when it comes to money and upgrading compared to Intel which leans towards "I have money to spend" crowd IMO.

Edited by Dyckman

Hello i have a friend who wants to get a computer so he can play games, His into Arma 3 / BattleField 3 / DayZ & I'm sure his going to be into the new games coming out like Battlefield 4 and stuff. He has eyes on this computer but isn't sure if it will be able to run

the games i mentioned, He also wants to start recording videos. He has eyes on 2 Computers. Can someone give me opinions if they will be able to run the games games and be able to record?

Thanks in advance.

AMD 8-Core FX-8120 Zambezi Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7850 graphics

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Desktop+-+16GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/6979896.p?id=1218818471131&skuId=6979896&st=ibuypower&cp=1&lp=4

&

AMD 6-Core FX-6300 Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7750 dedicated graphics

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gamer+Ultra+Desktop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive/9177174.p?id=1218994550644&skuId=9177174&st=cyberpowerpc&cp=1&lp=1

I think it's safe to say a 6350 will give you some nice years... You're not really losing anything when you go with AMD especially with how much money you'll spend compared to an intel. I think you should keep the future to some extent, but I'd just build a budget pc that's easy to upgrade in the future.

There's two types of people, one's that can spend money and those that have to keep an eye on it. I think it's safe to say many of the people building pc's are budget gamers. FX 6350 will do you justice, even 2 years from now. But if you're heavy duty with your computer, I agree settle for an 8350 vishera.

Edit: Just since you made the builds based on "anything better than this should be good" why not just start from "medicore" like a 6350 Vishera? :P Then people can just build their way up from there.

I just think with AMD you're more "Safer" so to speak when it comes to money and upgrading compared to Intel which leans towards "I have money to spend" crowd IMO.

well that would make you a stereotype, i scratch and claw to make ends meat, the fact i can even get money together for a computer i have is a miracle. I make my purchases by quality because i wont be able to spend that kind of money for a part for a long time. what happens when u buy a 2x4 truck? sooner or later your gonna say damn i wish i got a 4x4.

• Like 1

Hello i have a friend who wants to get a computer so he can play games, His into Arma 3 / BattleField 3 / DayZ & I'm sure his going to be into the new games coming out like Battlefield 4 and stuff. He has eyes on this computer but isn't sure if it will be able to run

the games i mentioned, He also wants to start recording videos. He has eyes on 2 Computers. Can someone give me opinions if they will be able to run the games games and be able to record?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.bestbuy.c...power&cp=1&lp=4

&

http://www.bestbuy.c...werpc&cp=1&lp=1

I would do the beefyest one, the one that screams BEEF CAKE!! 8core

if you want a AMD computer i can build you one at the same price but much much better and maybe cheaper. lemme know

I just wanted to say that I built my very first computer using advice I got from this thread. I can play Arma2/DayZ/Wasteland on the highest graphics setting and my computer just chews these games up and spits em out. Not to mention Bioshock infinite/Crysis3 etc all on maxed out settings. Just wanted to say thanks to the community for helping me build a great machine that didn't make me break the bank. I built the computer around these two main components: AMD FX 8320 CPU & XFX 7950 GPU

• Like 1

well that would make you a stereotype, i scratch and claw to make ends meat, the fact i can even get money together for a computer i have is a miracle. I make my purchases by quality because i wont be able to spend that kind of money for a part for a long time. what happens when u buy a 2x4 truck? sooner or later your gonna say damn i wish i got a 4x4.

I don't understand what you mean by stereotype. The difference between a 2x4 and a 4x4 is great and different than comparing a 6350 and an 8350 :P.

For example, You build a pc revolving around a 6350 you will be at around 600-800 dollars and it will give you many years. 8350 as well, but you'll spend around 800-1000. Let's be honest I'd let to purchase an 8350 vishera, but I'd match that baby with a sabertooth 990fx just to get maximum quality.

I'm not saying you're wrong and with all due respect we all fight for our money(to some extent) When I find myself building an Intel build it's standard y'know when it comes to budget. You're gonna go with an i5 3570k and a "bang for the price" GPU would be a GTX 650 TI 2 gb or equivalent. That's the beauty with AMD you have more choices and save a lot more money and only get a what 10-20% difference from an Intel equivalent build which will cost more? Don't get me wrong Intel is awesome but I'll assume everyone is a budget gamer and who doesn't love saving money?

Just, if I were to make the suggestion build to use as a guideline I'd be using a 6350 and a GPU like an HD 7770 vapor-x slap a nice mobo that can run these no problem and 8 gb of RAM 1 TB of HDD and this baby will give you a lot of years.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.bestbuy.c...power&cp=1&lp=4

&

http://www.bestbuy.c...werpc&cp=1&lp=1

The 8 core one is the way to go. The HD 7750 is simply going to get old in a couple of years now that the new generation of consoles is coming out and it'll probably have very low fps on dayz. If you could get a 7870 HD instead of the 7850, It would last for years to come.

Also, try using getting a video capture card if your planning on uploading videos to youtube or streaming. That'll make your life easier when recording videos.

When the sa will be out, if ill tell u my computer info like how many gb and stuff, will u be able to tell me if the sa will work for me good and will not be like arma 2:free where i have to put it on low quality so i can play half normaly?

No, not at this time.

There is a Topic for Can I Run It questions.

I'll just merge so you can post your specs.

Can you f*cking put a rule for people to not show off their super mega top end rigs? I mean when I see "Can I run it with i7-3770K" it kills me from inside...

BTW, is it worth upgrading my i5-2450M (up to 3.1 GHz) to i7-2620M (up to 3.4 GHz) on my laptop?

Currently running DayZ on around 20-40 FPS at all (not more).

Edited by Barrett_killz

Can you f*cking put a rule for people to not show off their super mega top end rigs? I mean when I see "Can I run it with i7-3770K" it kills me from inside...

BTW, is it worth upgrading my i5-2450M (up to 3.1 GHz) to i7-2620M (up to 3.4 GHz) on my laptop?

Currently running DayZ on around 20-40 FPS at all (not more).

I think that you need something beefier than that if you're going to upgrade. 2 cores just doesn't cut it (In my opinion) for dayz. Try and get a 4 core processor, if you can.

Edited by Macciavelo

i5-4670k processor at 3.4 Ghz (Will overclock later when I get a better CPU cooler and more fans)

Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition

8gb Corsair Ballistix Sport RAM at 1600

120GB Samsung SDD read up to 530mb/s

I think that is really all that would matter other than the monitor I have is a bit old so it runs at 768p so I will probably play on 720p.

Edited by SugarFreeBrowny

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

4096MB RAM

320GB 7200 RPM 16MB

Windows 7 Ultimte 64 bit

I run a lot of games with this setup but on DayZ there's times were it works fine and there's times were it just runs horribly, was wondering if it's time for a new pc or if there's any tips you guys might have to increase performance.