How about this?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics processor

750GB hard drive

Intel Core i5-3210M Processor

2GB of video memory

graphics clock running at 850 MHz

Screen resolution of 1366 x 768

4GB RAM / Windows 7

I just can't afford $3,000 dollar computers so i want to know if this would cut it. Also im not sure what all i need to put in this list...

Or.....how much better would an Intel Core i7-3630QM with 8GB RAM / Windows 8 be?

Edited by Quetzalcoatl

How about this?

8 gigs makes all the difference dood

750GB hard drive

2GB of video memory

4GB RAM / Windows 7

I just can't afford $3,000 dollar computers so i want to know if this would cut it. Also im not sure what all i need to put in this list...

Or.....how much better would an Intel Core i7-3630QM with 8GB RAM / Windows 8 be?

I am currently about to spend ~$2,300 on a gaming PC which is hopefully a bit future-proof and I would appreciate it so much if I could possibly get a few educated opinions on how it would run DayZ! :)

Right now the current plan for the PC is;

Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K Bridge 3.5GHz 8MB

MotherBoard: Asus P8Z77-M LGA1155 mATX

Memory: GeIL 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR3 Evo Veloce C9 1333Mhz

Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTX680 DirectCU II OC 1084M/6008M 2GB/2xDVI/HDMI/DP

Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX 7.1 PCIe

Power: Antec High Current Pro 750W 80PLUS Gold Semi-Modular

I apologize if there is too much information there, not sure what parts people would want to see :)

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Edited by Rustle

Considering you posted this is the New Player Discussion sub-forum, I have no idea how you missed this thread...

http://dayzmod.com/f...-it-ask-here-2/

edit; you may wanna consider listing your graphics card also.

edit 2; if you're spending that much money, have you considered waiting for the next gen of intel processors? i7's aren't necessarily the best if you're using the build strictly for gaming...

Edited by mzltv

Considering you posted this is the New Player Discussion sub-forum, I have no idea how you missed this thread...

http://dayzmod.com/f...-it-ask-here-2/

edit; you may wanna consider listing your graphics card also.

edit 2; if you're spending that much money, have you considered waiting for the next gen of intel processors? i7's aren't necessarily the best if you're using the build strictly for gaming...

All fixed, thanks for the info on the processors! Though I've waited simply too long for a good gaming PC, now is the time to do it for me :)

I'm just curious if I'm going to get any sort of problems with this build, would really hate to find I've wasted my hard earned cash :(

Edited by Rustle

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB

500GB 5400-rpm hard drive

Could I run days on low-medium settings with 25+ FPS?

Thanks for your time and please get back to me asap.

I am currently about to spend ~$2,300 on a gaming PC which is hopefully a bit future-proof and I would appreciate it so much if I could possibly get a few educated opinions on how it would run DayZ! :)

Right now the current plan for the PC is;

I apologize if there is too much information there, not sure what parts people would want to see :)

Thanks in advance for all your help!

See I have a feeling that this is going to just disappear into the archive of posts in this topic, hence why I made a new topic, I do understand it's against the rules and I am sorry for making that mistake. But I am getting the computer tomorrow and I really don't have the time to wait for a random user to be looking half way through a thread and see if I've been answered or not :/

Edited by Rustle

I am getting the computer tomorrow and I really don't have the time to wait for a random user to be looking half way through a thread and see if I've been answered or not :/

If no-one answers, no-one answers man. Don't rush people - if you really want the opinions of the forum community, then hold back on buying the desktop tomorrow and wait for someone to reply.

In regards to your specs, DayZ is heavily dependant on CPU power as opposed to GPU power so a 3.5GHz CPU seems more than efficient. You may want to disable hyperthreading on the i7 processor as this can cause issues, so I've heard.. All in all, your spec looks pretty good to me so I'd expect to be able to play on High with a good frame rate, but if you want an opinion from someone who really knows what they're talking about, I recommend you PM the local guru, beatSTV.

Debating whether to change the HD7870 in the listing for a HD7990... Would there be much point, with the rest of the build specifications? ie. would it bottleneck or something?

VdpLkRM.png

• Like 1

can I run Dayz with these specs? It can be on lowest settings as long as i'm not getting like a 15 fps. Ill settle if its laggy just want to know if it will be playable with all the lowest settings Specs: intel B960 processor, intel HD Graphics, 4gb DDR3 Memory

I doubt it. Even at the lowest settings it would probably be nearly unplayable.

Edited by Sunkist

I you haven't got an independent gfx card I really wouldn't bother. And the game is very CPU intense so I think you're looking at an upgrade tbh!

Am shopping around for some custom rigs. Was hoping to get an opinion on one of my options.

Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX AM3+

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Overclocked stable to 3.8GHz

Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212+ (CPU runs nice and cool)

RAM: G.Skill RIPJAWS X 1x 8GB DRR3 at 1866MHz

GPU: MSI Radeon 7850 Twin Frozr III 2GB GDDR5 O/C Edition (Overclocked to 1050/1375(5500MHz))

PSU: CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Power Supply

HDD: 500GB WD Blue Sata 6GB/s

-Intel hasswell i5 4670k

-GeForce GTX 770 2gigs

-8 gigs of RAM

At what setting will I run it on 60+ fps in countryside and not less than 40 on cities?

Edited by IncognitoNico

-Intel hasswell i5 4670k

-GeForce GTX 770 2gigs

-8 gigs of RAM

At what setting will I run it on 60+ fps in countryside and not less than 40 on cities?

You should be able to consistently get those frames on high settings or so (assuming you're not running at a ridiculous resolution), maybe even very high if you tone down some of the AA/post-processing. Keep in mind the storage drive you're running arma2/dayz off of will also affect frames and texture loading smoothness. The 4670k is a solid CPU (probably the best option atm for arma 2) and the 770 will complement it nicely.

How about this?

750GB hard drive

2GB of video memory

4GB RAM / Windows 7

Can someone actually say how well this would function {both options given please} rather than stating the blindingly obvious fact that 8 GBs is better?

PS: I'm not an idiot zfleming, i can see that.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl

-8 Gigs or ram -Intel® HD graphics 4000 -800 gig hard -drive-Intel ® i5 3210m 2.50 Ghz (Dual core). Idk if it matter but This is a laptop, Should I get it overclocked?

Edited by Dodge

Alienware x51

16 gigs of ram

Nividia 670 GTX with 2 gigs of video card ram

1 terribye harddrive

Intel 7 Generation 4 Processor with a speed of 3.9 ghz

Windows 8

Besides the, Alienware is overpriced argument, can I just get an idea of what I could look at with a play with DayZ?

Because at the end of the day the only thing that matters to me is being able to enjoy the game like everyone else.

Can someone actually say how well this would function {both options given please} rather than stating the blindingly obvious fact that 8 GBs is better?

PS: I'm not an idiot zfleming, i can see that.

Nobody said you were so relax. You asked the question, I answeared kindly, although slightly difficult from my droid but still. No need to get all hostile.

Edited by zfleming12

See I have a feeling that this is going to just disappear into the archive of posts in this topic, hence why I made a new topic, I do understand it's against the rules and I am sorry for making that mistake. But I am getting the computer tomorrow and I really don't have the time to wait for a random user to be looking half way through a thread and see if I've been answered or not :/

Woah, can we see the list of the prices of the parts your buying!?

* There is no way that all of that costs 2,300 $.

If you want to know why no nobody responded, is probably due to the high levels of jealousy.

Personally the build overall is quite over the top and it's great overall

* But if your spending 2,300 USD to build that then your probably being ripped off. With that kind of money you can build using intel 4th gen processor, upgrade yourself with Intels Z87 motherboards, get some sweet overclocking RAM DIMMS. Not to mention in getting a GTX 780 to top it off.

Go ahead and post the prices of your system parts.

Nobody said you were so relax. You asked the question, I answeared kindly, although slightly difficult from my droid but still. No need to get all hostile.

But you didn't answer.... You have yet to tell me if it will run DayZ well or not. You just said that the 8 was better but that was NOT the question.

But you didn't answer.... You have yet to tell me if it will run DayZ well or not. You just said that the 8 was better but that was NOT the question.

Yes 8 is better, its what the min reg is for gaming rigs these days. 16 will set you just fine.

• Like 1

Hi, I was wondering if any of you knew if I would be able to run dayz which needs arma ii, and arma ii operation arrowhead. All I want is to play dayz not arma :P, also can you guys see if I can run arma iii alpha, thanks. My specs are:

Windows 8

Proccesor: Intel® Core™

i5-3210M CPU@

2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Installed memory(RAM): 8.00 GB(7.71 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Graphics: Intel HD 4000