SmashT

Gamescom - August 2013 - Interviews/Gameplay

You should just have shot him for being so snarky.

• Like 1

This build looks a lot better HOWEVER.

I want space to jump, I hate not being able to jump in games, we have these walls we have to run all around, when in real life you can just jump over them. 

Nice to see they've turned off the stupid post processing effects and all the horrible blur and bloom it gives.

There is a option to jump over the knee high fences.

That has been shown in one of the First Dev Blog videos.

So no worries about them fences.

Edited by NightmareGER

I want space to jump, I hate not being able to jump in games, we have these walls we have to run all around, when in real life you can just jump over them. 

Nice to see they've turned off the stupid post processing effects and all the horrible blur and bloom it gives.

You can actually see him hop over a fence at the 5 minute mark. And I think rocket has mentioned that he'd like to rebind what used to be on the scroll wheel button to the space key, so I'm assuming the 'jumping' will still be on V as it is now. (Don't quote me on this stuff)

As for the blur, I think that's going to be an in-game option.

You'll be able to bind any function to any key whenever you desire.

Edit:

PS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3rjez7dTzw

Edited by SoulHunter

Agreed.  I think Dyslexis vid and the discussion following it both here and in testing has highlighted to the team how important it is to the players to get right.

I do not want to be an asshat but it is actually Dslyecxi. And yes there is a big difference ;)

I do not want to be an asshat but it is actually Dslyecxi. And yes there is a big difference ;)

Well I'm dyslexic so tbh his name's a fucking nightmare for me.

• Like 5

Now that's a quote lol Rocket: "The E3 build was fucked, this is less fucked".

• Like 5

he had to keep it cool for the 13 year olds ;)

the game is looking better.

as for people on about 3rd person still some love 3rd person some like first dont try and force one way on anyone its a choice dont make it a must.

Well I'm dyslexic so tbh his name's a fucking nightmare for me.

Lol :lol: Now I understand his username.

Lets just call him "The Sexy"

• Like 3

Didn't see how zombies behave ATM, were they improved or not, but everything else looks much better to me. TBH for a pre-alpha it's a pretty strong project.

I hope they seriously tone down that Hollywood muzzle flash for the final release:

tLPt0YM.png

• Like 17

I hope they seriously tone down that Hollywood muzzle flash for the final release:

tLPt0YM.png

Haha, they will.

• Like 1

Oh, that is quite nice:

XdEL6JXh.jpg

I wonder if the MOD survival knife will make an appearance:

YeKiTE5h.jpg

• Like 1

tLPt0YM.png

Very likely. In Arma 3 you only see them in night time. It also looks too big when you're watching it from those angles in 3rd person view but in reality (in the game) the muzzle flash is around as long as the gun. At least in Arma 3 the muzzle flash looks very big when watching from that angle but that DayZ flash seems to be bit bigger what MX rifles have in A3.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

Very likely. In Arma 3 you only see them in night time. It also looks too big when you're watching it from those angles in 3rd person view but in reality (in the game) the muzzle flash is around as long as the gun. At least in Arma 3 the muzzle flash looks very big when watching from that angle but that DayZ flash seems to be bit bigger what MX rifles have in A3.

You only see that at nights cus it is only seen at nights. Being able to see them in day time is by no way realistic, but looks cool tho.

Edited by SoulHunter

NO! Bloom is everything to me! So is blurrrrr! Don't kill my dreams!

I think there should be some US Marine infected models to supplement the CDF infected models. After all, there is a US military presence in Chernarus(Specifically, the Marines. Based off of ArmA 2 campaign, of course :P).

I think there should be some US Marine infected models to supplement the CDF infected models. After all, there is a US military presence in Chernarus(Specifically, the Marines. Based off of ArmA 2 campaign, of course :P).

Are they NATO  forces? So you could have many differing countries, not just the US - it would make a nice variety. 

XdEL6JXh.jpg

I think I'm in Love.  This will be my favorite weapon in Standalone I think.

• Like 2