rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

lol basically all people will do is restrain someone then the said restrained person will either be trolled for as long as possible or like most situations jsut kill the process and be gone instantly.

nice idea in reality people will just kill process as soon as caught or alt f4.

lol basically all people will do is restrain someone then the said restrained person will either be trolled for as long as possible or like most situations jsut kill the process and be gone instantly.

I think a zip-tied person should never be able to log out... ever.

OR! They should have a 24 hour ghost of their character left on the server, giving time for captors to physically construct a prison cell around him/her.

Edited by Katana67

this all changes if you say you have lockable base, and they want you to get them in...but yeah what could you do!? maybe a skill system...cough...

Edited by joe_mcentire

Exactly. I do this quite a bit. you have to time it right, but if you strafe when the zombie jumps it actually misses you. Hard to believe nobody else notices that.

Haters gonna hate.

The yt comments get better by the minute lol

Someone sais this

"AI is still a complete joke, why, after so long, have they still not fixed the main complains that people had with dayz?"

And someones reply was

"Because Dean Hall is a prick"

Wow is all i can say.

I seriosly dont know why dean even bothers to please these fucking people. Half of them dont even deserve a devblog.

Edited by nicefish
  • Like 4

Someone sais this

"AI is still a complete joke, why, after so long, have they still not fixed the main complains that people had with dayz?"

And someones reply was

Wow is all i can say.

I seriosly dont know why dean even bothers to please these fucking people. Half of them dont even deserve a devblog.

Fucking console gamers...

Exactly. I do this quite a bit. you have to time it right, but if you strafe when the zombie jumps it actually misses you. Hard to believe nobody else notices that.

maybe some did, but didn't want to give you a hard time, because after all it is pre-alpha....

May I ask you a question are there any placeholders in this video?

LOL

Someone sais this

And someones reply was

Wow is all i can say.

YT comments are the asshole of the internet.  It's the stomping ground of confused kids with hormones they can't handle and nothing better to do.  I literally never read them.  If I wanted to hear that shit I'd just visit my local Tourettes counseling group.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 7

maybe some did, but didn't want to give you a hard time, because after all it is pre-alpha....

I think what we're saying is that it's a good thing that zombies can be dodged, but nobody seems to bring it up, because they'd rather just complain like a bunch of ninnies. ATM there's actually no way to avoid a zombie attack except by running around town like Benny Hill. I think this opens up a lot of capabilities. If you can side step a zombie coming at you, you can quickly stab it or shoot it in the back before it can even turn around. Makes zombie combat more dynamic.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 4

YT comments are the asshole of the internet.  It's the stomping ground of confused kids with hormones they can't handle and nothing better to do.  I literally never read them.  If I wanted to hear that shit I'd just visit my local Tourettes counseling group.

Ive never seen anything like it.

Some horrible people out there.

Agreed...

Its terrible out there...

I've seen things, things no man should see...

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus
  • Like 1

well because of the..serverside computing you could evaluate if someone presses alt+f4, am i wrong? you could give them a hard time, by spawning them the next time(s) with broken limbs, injured, infected etc. 

The one thing I like no matter the hold up is they come off genuine. I’m lucky in that I don’t have a machine able to play it so the longer the better in my case. Getting a game out worth playing come the end of the year or even early next is fine by me.

But I’d love you guys to get it as to be fair watching the few streams of the Mod I do is getting a bit stale and going out of fashion a bit. I’ve learned a lot how to play and never even had to boot up the game IRL. But once the standalone comes out and I get my new Rig I’ll never watch a Z stream again personally. I want to experience the game not be a spectator, but for now it’s the best I can do.

Great update Dean! Please spend any extra budget or man hours on anti Cheat/Hack.

Edited by sav112
  • Like 1

this is why I am not a fan of open alpha testing...all the idiots....for one proper feedback you get 100 bullshit posts....

• Like 1

Yeah, how ever long it takes im sure it will be worth the wait.

I cant even think of a single game im excited for other than DayZ.

Im not even that excited for the next generation of consoles.

Dean, not sure if you can answer this or not but, will DayZ SA have Crossfire or SLI support?

Cheers.

The restraint system will be similar to SS13. Realism sometimes need to be sacrificed in favor of gameplay, after all you don't LIVE in the game.

Different methods of restraint will take longer to wriggle out of than others. Cuffs, for example, will take substantially longer than, say, duct tape or something like that. But we're not talking hours, we're talking minutes.

• Like 8

I think what we're saying is that it's a good thing that zombies can be dodged, but nobody seems to bring it up, because they'd rather just complain like a bunch of ninnies. ATM there's actually no way to avoid a zombie attack except by running around town like Benny Hill. I think this opens up a lot of capabilities. If you can side step a zombie coming at you, you can quickly stab it or shoot it in the back before it can even turn around. Makes zombie combat more dynamic.

ah ok! you never know when dean is all sarcastic and when not ;). ok but maybe after some time a more dynamic/smoother way could be achieved, to me these scenes felt odd. how about a dodging button, like something to jump at a side to dodge vehicles/bullets/any sort of impact...

The restraint system will be similar to SS13. Realism sometimes need to be sacrificed in favor of gameplay, after all you don't LIVE in the game.

Different methods of restraint will take longer to wriggle out of than others. Cuffs, for example, will take substantially longer than, say, duct tape or something like that. But we're not talking hours, we're talking minutes.

Well, I guess the question is, (I haven't played SS13) but does the player return into the game restrained? I guess it doesn't matter if someone alt-f4's with restraints on, so long as if they return, they'll still be restrained and will have to break out of said restraints.

This all assumes we don't have persistent characters in SA (something I'd prefer). Can you tell us how that all is gonna' work or is it still to early?

Edited by Katana67

Well, I guess the question is, (I haven't played SS13) but does the player return into the game restrained? I guess it doesn't matter if someone alt-f4's with restraints on, so long as if they return, they'll still be restrained and will have to break out of said restraints.

Yes. There will probably be a severe penalty for disconnecting while restrained, possibly your character will be considered "dead". But the time to break free from restraints will not be too long.

Let me put it this way, there is much more rope in the world than ammo - and ammo will need to be conserved. So I suspect it will offer a viable way for people to take others gear. Tie them up, and then head away. Five minutes later they have broken free - alive but missing their gear.

• Like 10

>people thinking SA is using ArmA engine

>mfw

>mfw

4975726703_a447a0fde2_z.jpg

• Like 8