rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

I remember in an interview when rocket himself said "we are in alpha"

So why the sudden jump back to pre alpha?

Its a load of rubbish if you ask me.

Its pretty simple, they decided they needed to implement the new network bubble feature before it was released to the public, this took the game back to pre-alpha.

I wonder what keeps people like you busy during everyday life.. Don't get me wrong - we all want the standalone to come out pretty badly by now but fortunately there are many other things to do, and this includes playing games. Do you realize the mod is still very active? Tons of variants, livestreams and whatnot. Do you even play the mod or are you only here to tell us about how mad you are about how "Rocket said A or B in the past"? Get a grip mate.

Edited by Salva
  • Like 2

Facts. Facts don't belong on the internet.

It's all about the speculation and assumption.

If you look at R's statement and then use the letters to make an anagram and then play it backwards, then we will have the truth.

L

• Like 6

Our team had requested that we let the forum know the what and why's behind the lack of information.

We've moved to a much more structured approach and July was a major internal milestone for us. This milestone gets reviewed next week, and the results of that review will be released as a devblog. This will give more information to everyone about where the project is at and where it is going.

Why the lack of information?

Development pace has been very rapid and as information gets prepared for a devblog, inevitably things change. Furthermore, things get fixed and added at different times - so it means it is hard to find a time when everything is committed at once.... except for milestones. Hence, we will be releasing the devblog based on the milestone review.

Does this mean it the public alpha is beginning?

No, it does not. But what it does mean is that next week, you will be fully briefed on the current milestone and the steps from there onwards.

Why do this?

We realize that the community are stakeholders in the development, and we've been trying to come up with a method for providing information that works within our development process. We are now at the point where we can follow this. Interest has gotten... rather agitated lately and I think the best thing is to provide some clarity as to our process for next week and beyond.

Seriously though, does this mean the alpha is happening?!

No, it does not. There is no set release date. When an alpha candidate passes it's milestone review, it will be released.

ROCKET this is all the Info I need thank you, little snippets a pic here or there is great. Some of us dont want to be involved in some Reddit conversations and use the Forums as their DayZ Info Fix. I have no interest in a release Date, just regular updates as previously promised.

Thanks

• Like 5

LOL @ everyone saying this is good news. I guarntee that there will be problems in the dev blog and the game will get pushed back even further lol.

Same as the devblog after that and so on.

This game wont release this year.

We'll just have to wait patiently for next week and see for ourselves how the development is coming along. Unless you can see into the future you're just speculating.

Cheers for the information Rocket, also have some :beans: 'z Gummy. ;)

I think this is good news. You had me worried there for a while. It'd of been a mistake to release what you showed at E3. Hopefully what we see a few months down the road looks a little more presentable.

PnFvy7I.gif

• Like 9

The only developer that actually interacts with the community! Thank you for giving us information and I hope we will be able to play soon! Just please release on August  :D 1 year after the announcement is the best for the anticipation monsters that wait since then. I hope I will hear something like "we are going to launch next week" but I can keep dreaming.....

Good Job and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :thumbsup: 

Could you imagine what would happen if we paid for a game and it had the old barbwire gltch in?

The world would end.

Take all the time in the world.

• Like 4

If it's a load of rubbish, why do you even want it?

Generally when people pay money for a game they expect it to at least run, in pre-alpha that is not the case. Updates often completely break the build to the point where it doesn't even launch.

And they laughed at me when I mentioned this point of pre-alphas.. >>.<<

I don't get why people say they'd  rather wait for the standalone than to have the standalone now whilst there may be bugs......we all play the mod and if we can handle the mod im pretty sure we can handle a a buggy version of the standalone...also this game no matter how long we wait will be released in alpha so its gonna have bugs anyways lol.

The thing is a lot of people can't handle the mod and gave up on it a long time ago in order to wait for something more polished or at least with more content or at the very least slightly better optimised.  I'm sure many of us could handle a very buggy semi broken release but you have to remember this time round people will be paying for it and with that comes certain expectations.

Not to mention at this stage it really just isn't ready for release.  You're asking them to release something that simply won't stand up to large scale testing yet.  They've explained what needs to be in place for that to happen but hopefully the next devblog will make it clearer.

People are happy with this post because it's news, there hasn't been any news for a while and it sounds like we will have a much clearer picture on the situation when the devblog is released.  The fact is that some people won't be happy until it's released whatever they tell us, that won't change anything though so many of us would rather they wait and get the game to a point where they are comfortable that it will at the very least stand up to large scale testing without falling apart.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 6

So, Dean. You said at E3 (and ill find the link for this) that you would have the alpha out in 2 months.

Does this still stand?

ROFL... Don't count on it.

Where does this entitlement come from?

*SLAP!*

No, once isn't enough... *SLAP!*

...Still not really enough *slapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslap*

• Like 2

Someone needs to tip the press, "Standalone to be released next week."

Someone needs to tip the press, "Standalone to be released next week."

I'm sure the "press" are on top of the situation already.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

I'm sure the "press" are on top of the situation already.

Yeh, 99% of them are waiting for the 1% that actually provide the info or useful opinions so that they can copy it.

• Like 5

Where does this entitlement come from?

*SLAP!*

No, once isn't enough... *SLAP!*

...Still not really enough *slapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslap*

Indeed, slap that little mongrel some more  :P

Ahhh, so the public alpha is beginning...

ni%C3%B1o-malevolo.jpg

• Like 1

LOL @ everyone saying this is good news. I guarntee that there will be problems in the dev blog and the game will get pushed back even further lol.

Same as the devblog after that and so on.

This game wont release this year.

Why are you here, you say it like we care.

Nay saying child is nay saying.

Get a hobby.. or a job.. write a book..ride a bike.. or a girl ??

I dont know do something untill its released

• Like 4

I can't figure out why anyone is excited about playing the Alpha. Have any of you ever actually played an Alpha? They are typically quite horrendous with lots of bugs and graphical issues. Even betas can be pretty bad. You shouldn't expect to get the alpha and actually have something worth playing other than helping to debug. The only thing I care about is the final release of the standalone.

• Like 2

I can't figure out why anyone is excited about playing the Alpha. Have any of you ever actually played an Alpha? They are typically quite horrendous with lots of bugs and graphical issues. Even betas can be pretty bad. You shouldn't expect to get the alpha and actually have something worth playing other than helping to debug. The only thing I care about is the final release of the standalone.

Why wait when you can play it straight away? It will be a hell of a lot cheaper and you also help with the development by finding bugs and exploits like in Arma 3. I do agree with some of your reasons though. I just hope I won't get bored of the Alpha like I did with A3 due to lack of features.

So why are you posting here if you are not PUMPED AS HELL FOR THE BEST GAME IN YOU LIFE TIME ???

Perhaps because some people genuinely want to help and be involved in the early development, both from a bug tracking/feedback and suggestion standpoint. Contrary to popular beliefs we're not all kids that just want the game and want it NAO!!1! Nor do the majority of us expect a flawless game ready for hours of fun from the off. I've been involved in quite a few alpha tests, both open and closed and have also run a couple myself with my own projects. They are quite beneficial, not only for the developers themselves but for the general community in gauging the potential of the finished project.

• Like 8