rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

<'gooogle translation'>

Rocket I want to give you the invitation for my birthday tomorrow in Tulga.

Please bring us a car or morphines for present.

:)

• Like 1

Why so many updates saying sorry there's been nothing to report because things have been changing and we're afraid that what we report today will be wrong tomorrow? How is that even possible unless development is going absolutely nowhere? If you guys have more important things to do, just say you don't want to be bothered with devblogs. We'd understand. 

'realistic'

Realism

realistic

AUTHENTIC NOT REALISTIC CTFVYGUHBIMJOK<

I have to admit, its good to see some news.

I glad to see also the dev team taking time to get a nice stable foundation for which they can build on. After helping to run a DayZ Epoch server, which we add more features,without the proper complete stress test (high player counts, server up time, etc.) we where just running into problem after problem, and I guess you could say that it was a pre-alpha built of our server but you could tell some of the people that join quite often where getting sick of the issues we were having.

On regards to the announcement of a devblog coming soon, its good the see the devs actually giving information on where the game is at which direction it maybe heading, and all the info they can, there are some high ranking devs that don't even look at the community that is waiting for their next big thing. 

Unfortunately, a lot of the things that Rocket is implementing in the game will probably make DayZ SA annoyingly realistic to the point that playing the game will feel like a chore.

in this case... I really hope Rocket will implement all the flight controls, start sequences and stuff from ToH which would drive hopefully more players like you away from playing this game

• Like 1

I know I am a little late to the party, but I think the only thing that became a nuisance to me was that we were assured that devblogs would come weekly, and while I realized that the devblog-weekly thing will not last very long, there wasn't a point where we had been told that the devblog is no longer weekly apart from now which I believe is a wee-late, but it's better late than never.

Just keep at the game and make sure it's good, try not to worry about the little details too much; or, if you want to, just hire a volunteer assistant who will kiss butt all day and write the devblogs for you!

• Like 4

I know I am a little late to the party, but I think the only thing that became a nuisance to me was that we were assured that devblogs would come weekly, and while I realized that the devblog-weekly thing will not last very long, there wasn't a point where we had been told that the devblog is no longer weekly apart from now which I believe is a wee-late, but it's better late than never.

Just keep at the game and make sure it's good, try not to worry about the little details too much; or, if you want to, just hire a volunteer assistant who will kiss butt all day and write the devblogs for you!

Agreed.  I think the one major mistake Dean made was offering the idea of a weekly devblog and then not following up on it and not really ever explaining why or explaining why he dropped the idea.  Obviously they decided it wasn't practical but it would've been nice to have a message telling us they'd decided against it.

I don't care how long development takes tbh but it's the fact that many peeps were still expecting these blogs that has lead to a lot of the frustration, it's made peeps think the devs are un-organised or constantly running late on things.  I simple official statement would have remedied that.

Anyhoo, it looks to me that development is transitioning into a new phase soon, it's moving from the early experimental phase with a small team to a more structured and traditional process (that's how I interpret what we've been told anyway) with a larger team so I'm hoping that soon (ish) it'll be a distant memory and we'll know where were at and be given a realistic sit-rep.  I honestly think that's all most people want.  

The people that aren't happy to wait any longer will just have to accept that they're going to have to, hopefully more structured info will relieve their suffering, if they decide they've had enough of waiting and move on then that's what they need to do.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Mate i said the same. I have no issue with things changing because of circumstances, whatever they may be. However i get really pissed because there has never been once Posts to say Hey you know what the regular Dev Blog a Week is something we just cant do. Same happened when the December 2012 Release thing happened , Rocket Stopped talking on here,  Reddit , Twitter and Facebook for a Month. Ok sure it was all for the better, they decided they needed to create a whole newish Engine. But never once did he comment. If something is not doable  then fine, majority of us here understand, we support the Devs, but man up and just say so. A little disapointment but a HEAP of respect earned every time

Mate i said the same. I have no issue with things changing because of circumstances, whatever they may be. However i get really pissed because there has never been once Posts to say Hey you know what the regular Dev Blog a Week is something we just cant do. Same happened when the December 2012 Release thing happened , Rocket Stopped talking on here,  Reddit , Twitter and Facebook for a Month. Ok sure it was all for the better, they decided they needed to create a whole newish Engine. But never once did he comment. If something is not doable  then fine, majority of us here understand, we support the Devs, but man up and just say so. A little disapointment but a HEAP of respect earned every time

Why does it cause you to become infuriated? 

Yeah this has also been one of those things that has bothered me as well :-(  I think we had two Dev Blogs that stayed on time, but that was like months ago lol..

I guess its always important to take things with a pinch of salt when Rocket states anything (nothing against Rocket) as things change very fast in the dev world.. Id say to Dean stick with Leading ur team and leave the PR to BI ;-) 

• Like 1

Why does it cause you to become infuriated? 

Big believer in when i cant do something, letting others know. If I was that person who is on every kind of Social media and then choose to not use it to communicate bad news would be pointless me being on it.  Watch the changes you will now see to DAYZ and the Info we get will be far superior to what we have been through. As they have now said they will be following a more structured approach, that includes Communication, and why do you think that is

• Like 1

It's because they will have a larger team and as a result of that will need a more structured approach overall.  It's also because they've been dealing with a lot of unknowns in the early stage so providing any solid info will have been tricky.

Anyoo, I pretty much agree with you although I've never been infuriated.  If we do get more structured info as we move forward it can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

It's because they will have a larger team and as a result of that will need a more structured approach overall.  It's also because they've been dealing with a lot of unknowns in the early stage so providing any solid info will have been tricky.

Anyoo, I pretty much agree with you although I've never been infuriated.  If we do get more structured info as we move forward it can only be a good thing.

"It's because they will have a larger team and as a result of that will need a more structured approach overall" And address things like Communication where even in Rockets words he lacks . Rather than the lead Developer arguing with fucking Idiots like RhinoMunch on Reddit. Hopefully now they have someone who is more suited to bringing forth Information and allow Pocket Rocket to oooze his Gaming Goodness

"It's because they will have a larger team and as a result of that will need a more structured approach overall" And address things like Communication where even in Rockets words he lacks . Rather than the lead Developer arguing with fucking Idiots like RhinoMunch on Reddit. Hopefully now they have someone who is more suited to bringing forth Information and allow Pocket Rocket to oooze his Gaming Goodness

Hmmm, in that regard I wouldn't get too excited.  I'd still expect Rocket to post what he wants when he wants on Reddit and Twitter etc.  Like it or loathe it that's just him and how he works and I don't see that changing any time soon.  I get frustrated seeing him responding to trolls too but the fact is he does that in his own time from home, probably after a long day of being constructive and working on the game.  I'd rather that than have a lead dev that's hidden away from the public and who's only thoughts we hear go through a PR filtering process, that's the alternative tbh.

I don't care if that continues, as I say, that's just Rocket and occasionally we can actually learn something about the game from it.  As long as we're given a clear idea of where they're at and what their next goals are (ideally with some sort of timeframe although we have to accept that's not always possible, hence the "milestone" approach, not a deadline one) then it's all good.  It's the lack of solid info most find frustrating, if that's sorted then the rest will take care of itself.  I'll be happy with some official news once a month as long as that news has some substance and keeps us in the loop.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Yeah agree Fraggle . I gotta say and I haven't said this before , I do believe this could be THE Game. I've been Gaming for 34 Years now ( started when i was 15 ) and have rarely got excited about a forthcoming Game . Currently involved in 2 Betas are myself and our Group, rFactor 2 and Arma 3. I purchase the majority of PC Games and no offence to the Games I have purchased I just cant get into them, it's me not the Games , just knowing that DAYZ Beta /Alpha Beta/Gamma is coming. Played Arma 3 DayZ mod last night first time ( Zoombies) and that was good.

Those thinking about pulling the Pin and not waiting for DAYZ  stick with it, your in for an experience your going to tell your Kids about in the History of Gaming

• Like 4

Yup, that's the reason I spend so much time doing the modding thing too.  The SA is one of the first games I've been genuinely excited about for a very long time.  I honestly think this will be a very special game.  If it's given the time and space needed (I think BIS are doing that) then I have no reason to doubt that we are seeing the very early stages of a game we could be enjoying for many years to come.  That's why I get frustrated with people wanting to see it rushed out for a quick fix.

It's rare for a respectable publisher to give a developer free licence and the resources he needs to create the game he has envisioned.  It's far from a typical way of doing things and that gives me even more respect for BIS than I had before.  As the team scales up throughout development it's likely we could see DayZ receive more if not the same amount of resources that Arma 3 has received.  That's one of the most exciting peices of news I've heard in a long time (from Reddit QQ).

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Once the development milestone is passed, can we hope for a review and go for Razor? He has had a bunch of features sitting for almost a month now, some of which really could improve the gameplay.

Edited by -Freshmeat

Yeah agree Fraggle . I gotta say and I haven't said this before , I do believe this could be THE Game. I've been Gaming for 34 Years now ( started when i was 15 ) and have rarely got excited about a forthcoming Game . Currently involved in 2 Betas are myself and our Group, rFactor 2 and Arma 3. I purchase the majority of PC Games and no offence to the Games I have purchased I just cant get into them, it's me not the Games , just knowing that DAYZ Beta /Alpha Beta/Gamma is coming. Played Arma 3 DayZ mod last night first time ( Zoombies) and that was good.

Those thinking about pulling the Pin and not waiting for DAYZ  stick with it, your in for an experience your going to tell your Kids about in the History of Gaming

I got rFactor 1

• Like 1

I really hope when they introduce the vehicles in the future they will be much more than in the arma 2, from every aspect...Flying heli is same as driving a bicycle, only third dimension is added... specially with auto hover(which is bs). I REALLY hope they bring flight mechanics from TOH and from its veteran difficulty, without the auto trim and shit. Would make individual skills much more valuable.

What comes to the devblogs I agree with fraggle... stating weekly devblogs and not doing them just gave people a false hope and with that delicious tears, maybe the development gets boost from those tears, so let them flow :D

*yaaawn*

Well, atleast the mod is making some progress and keeping the ppl entertained!

Once the development milestone is passed, can we hope for a review and go for Razor? He has had a bunch of features sitting for almost a month now, some of which really could improve the gameplay.

Unless I'm missing something they aren't waiting for a greenlight from Rocket for the mod ATM.  They had to wait a bit for the last one due to E3 etc (about a month ago) but since that was OK'd and released I think they've just been working hard on the next one.

Edited by Fraggle

Unless I'm missing something they aren't waiting for a greenlight from Rocket for the mod ATM.  They had to wait a bit for the last one due to E3 etc but since that was OK'd I think they've just been working hard on the next one.

Nah it was sent to Matt on the 6th. 

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/141571-rolling-changelog/

• Like 1

Oh I missed that.  I'm never sure if sending those things to be reviewed means they're literally waiting to release a patch or if they're just getting things confirmed as they go.  Last time there was a delay in releasing a patch Razor made it clear it was good to go and that they were just waiting for the green light.

Edited by Fraggle

It's rare for a respectable publisher to give a developer free licence and the resources he needs to create the game he has envisioned.  It's far from a typical way of doing things and that give me even more respect for BIS than I had before.  As the team scales up throughout development it's likely we could see DayZ receive more if not the same amount of resources that Arma 3 has received.  That's one of the most exciting peices of news I've heard in a long time (from Reddit QQ).

It's totally justifiable, Dean made a free mod of their game which brought lots of people to it, I for one bought ARMA 2 combined ops for £25 about a year ago just for DayZ, still not touched ARMA 2 at all, and I'm sure that a very large amount of the 1.7Million unique DayZ players bought ARMA 2 just for DayZ too. So if someone made a mod on a hard to work with engine (for what he wanted to make) that brings in LOTS of money for you, surely you would hire that person to make the game they always wanted to with a better engine and free roam.

It's totally justifiable, Dean made a free mod of their game which brought lots of people to it, I for one bought ARMA 2 combined ops for £25 about a year ago just for DayZ, still not touched ARMA 2 at all, and I'm sure that a very large amount of the 1.7Million unique DayZ players bought ARMA 2 just for DayZ too. So if someone made a mod on a hard to work with engine (for what he wanted to make) that brings in LOTS of money for you, surely you would hire that person to make the game they always wanted to with a better engine and free roam.

Well of course, it's common sense and a good business move, I'm not really sure what you're saying other than that.  I wasn't suggesting they were doing it for the good of mankind or out of pure charity.  I agree.  It still doesn't change the fact that what we have here is a rare situation, a passionate developer backed by a respectable publisher and allowed creative freedom.

Many larger publishers (EA etc) would have done what they always do with small dev teams, buy the IP, put them to work, throw some money at promoting it, force them to make the game to an insanely unrealistic deadline that will extract the most money from the public and then shaft them if it all goes wrong.  I get the feeling that is not the intention of BIS.

I'm sure gamers like me that have been gaming for a couple of decades can appreciate how rare this situation is.

Edited by Fraggle