rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

The suspense waiting for a devblog is just killing me. lol 

Edited by Jgut90
  • Like 1

Ten forum dollars says the devblog will be thus... ("blah blah blahs" included for literal filler, not sarcasm)

We apologize for the recent miscommunication... blah blah blah... the milestone meeting was good and we're on track to meet our next milestone... blah blah blah... we want to make the best game possible for you, so we're taking our time with the alpha... blah blah blah... here are some screenshots... blah blah blah... thank you for your continued support.

If I am proven wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised. Don't mean this to deride Rocket's effort, just get a feeling this devblog will be more of the same and/or more PR-y than we're used to.

dean said it would include some gameplay footage. but I'm also pretty sure they don't want to spoil the pleasure of exploration for release, so they'll likely won't show the new cool stuff like the prison and northern cities and such. I guess they'll focus on showing the improvements made with the zombies and animations. After all it was the main complains after the E3 showcase, and I'm pretty sure rocket doesn't want to disapoint on these core elements

Edited by Bat
  • Like 2

Ten forum dollars says the devblog will be thus... ("blah blah blahs" included for literal filler, not sarcasm)

We apologize for the recent miscommunication... blah blah blah... the milestone meeting was good and we're on track to meet our next milestone... blah blah blah... we want to make the best game possible for you, so we're taking our time with the alpha... blah blah blah... here are some screenshots... blah blah blah... thank you for your continued support.

If I am proven wrong, I will be pleasantly surprised. Don't mean this to deride Rocket's effort, just get a feeling this devblog will be more of the same and/or more PR-y than we're used to.

I have such a feeling as well.. But these all are just assumptions, no one can know what it will be like.. All we can do now is just waiting.

dean said it would include some gameplay footage. but I'm also pretty sure they don't want to spoil the pleasure of exploration for release, so they'll likely won't show the new cool stuff like the prison and northern cities and such. I guess they'll focus on showing the improvements made with the zombies and animations. After all it was the main complains after the E3 showcase, and I'm pretty sure rocket doesn't want to disapoint on these core elements

It would be more than satisfactory to see proper and cool (also a bit scary if possible) zeds finally (not broken with any way)

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1

It would be more than satisfactory to see proper and cool (also a bit scary if possible) zeds finally (not broken with any way)

Actually rocket said in the stream yesterday one of the biggest issue with the zeds is that they can't run and turn at the same time. They run in a straight line, then turn at a certain angle, then run in a straight line again. It's just the way the arma engine handles the AI pathfinding. He said they would definitely look for other ways of doing it, but that it would require a lot of time and efforts. Dynamic pathfinding in an open world game is very hard. Then you add the fact it's multiplayer, and the fact that you want the server to be able to handle thousands of zombies at the same time, and it makes everything even more complex. It's why zeds won't look like Left 4 dead infected. There will always be a certain amount of clunkiness because of the scope of everything.

Agreed. so far the only Zombie interaction we have seen is in God-Mode where they (the players) don't take damage.

I would like to see a demonstration of a new survivor's chance of making it through a noob loot-run through Electro;

no AK-74 - No God-mode.

Perhaps this will give people a better idea of the changes made to the core mechanics.

Edited by Bubbajones

Actually rocket said in the stream yesterday one of the biggest issue with the zeds is that they can't run and turn at the same time. They run in a straight line, then turn at a certain angle, then run in a straight line again. It's just the way the arma engine handles the AI pathfinding. He said they would definitely look for other ways of doing it, but that it would require a lot of time and efforts. Dynamic pathfinding in an open world game is very hard. Then you add the fact it's multiplayer, and the fact that you want the server to be able to handle thousands of zombies at the same time, and it makes everything even more complex. It's why zeds won't look like Left 4 dead infected. There will always be a certain amount of clunkiness because of the scope of everything.

Yeh I was in at that stream as well and know what he said. However this is a zombie themed game, so it is normal to assume the zeds not to be broken. (=

10 bucks says the Alpha won't even come out until November. Dean and I have very different meanings of the words "soon" and "very close"

• Like 1

Hello there

It's a nice day. Why not go out and enjoy it. The Devblog will be here when it's ready. No point Mashing f5 or whatever key you trendy kids press nowadays.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

10 bucks says the Alpha won't even come out until November. Dean and I have very different meanings of the words "soon" and "very close"

You're more optimistic than I.

Yeh I was in at that stream as well and know what he said. However this is a zombie themed game, so it is normal to assume the zeds not to be broken. (=

Coming from WarZ yourself you must know how ridiculous that statement sounds no?

I wouldn't expect the alpha till 2014 at this point.  If they are releasing dev blogs again it means they have given up the 'mad dash' and are now working at a more steady pace.  Steady pace means normal dev cycle which means probably not for another year.

I wouldn't expect the alpha till 2014 at this point.  If they are releasing dev blogs again it means they have given up the 'mad dash' and are now working at a more steady pace.  Steady pace means normal dev cycle which means probably not for another year.

they said the architecture is done. theres really not much more to do. the game is playable.

• Like 1

If they are releasing dev blogs again it means they have given up the 'mad dash' and are now working at a more steady pace.  Steady pace means normal dev cycle which means probably not for another year.

Or they just got tired of everyone complaining.

• Like 1

You're more optimistic than I.

im kinda feeling it may just come in october end of to fall in line with halloween. dayz is a steam product now and steam will want a period to sell it .

almost 365 days(z) since the announcement... im starting to lose faith ! lol maybe this will be another Fallout 3, Far cry 2, Half Life 3...

• Like 1

I'm working from home tomorrow which means my good self and F5 will be getting better acquainted, once again.

I'm not fussed about rushing out the SA but I do like the excitement, the anticipation of news.

You should see me checking 'NewsNow' for Spurs news every June, July and August for football transfers....

...yep, I do worry about myself sometimes :lol:

• Like 1

Brotip lads:. Stop speculating. You're working eachother up like hormone charged teenagers at prom night.

Edited by HazZarD87
  • Like 1

Agreed. so far the only Zombie interaction we have seen is in God-Mode where they (the players) don't take damage.

I would like to see a demonstration of a new survivor's chance of making it through a noob loot-run through Electro;

no AK-74 - No God-mode.

Perhaps this will give people a better idea of the changes made to the core mechanics.

What good does it do to see a fresh spawn loot now?  The game is no where near "finalized", doesn't seem to do much good.  I mean, if you just want to see authentic gameplay, I get that... but they are revamping everything so most of it probably isn't even functional the way they want.

And...?

they said the architecture is done. theres really not much more to do. the game is playable.

Says some guy on a forum.  Playable and able-to-be-launched-and-limped-through-on-Godmode-at-gaming-conference are very different.

almost 365 days(z) since the announcement... im starting to lose faith ! lol maybe this will be another Fallout 3, Far cry 2, Half Life 3...

Oh no, a game took over a year to develop after it was announced?!? - Diablo II fan 2008

I am not a computer programmer or software engineer, but I am an electrical engineer.  I have a rough idea of how things work and the nonsensical "grandstanding" by so many people cracks me up.  Thank God there are adults in charge of real-life things that don't think like you guys.

Yeah, I mean, I would never expect them to show everything. But the way Rocket sounded, in what someone repeated, from the livestream... sort of implied that they weren't interested in showing anything new. I wouldn't want them to spoil anything, but I'm just curious as to the "competitors" he's referencing. I mean, the stuff'll be out anyway, is there really that much espionage going on behind the scenes?

Implying that the zombies in warz aren't borked also?

Where did warz come from ? The zeds in that game are far different if you would consider the ones we have here.. I still don't understand your point.

Edited by SoulHunter