rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

No its because the game was supposed to be out last december. Instead of telling the community early that it wouldnt be released he just ignored the fact and said nothing. Rocket or BI should of released a small statement. Then he says, it will be out withing 2 months then backtracks on that.

Anyone who says he didnt say that i suggest you look it up. but rocket himself twisted that the other day when i asked him about it and said sorry again.

Honestly, he shouldnt say anything unless its concrete.

Releasing this devblog will cause more anger than anything positive if theres no release date.

he should hold it off until theres a release date, then release a devblog.

You sir are imo one of those who are 10% of the fanbase of DayZ, who are just gonna hate no matter what would happen.

haters-gonna-hate-plane.jpg

You are still gonna buy it even the game would be released a year later, like the rest of the haters.. How does it feel knowing this fact while being a hater? Hehe (=

Regards

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1

You are still gonna buy it even the game would be released a year later, like the rest of the haters.. How does it feel knowing this fact while being a hater? Hehe 

At least they can count themselves lucky that they didn't have to pay into a pre-order scheme before even getting their hands on the game ([cough]WarZ[/cough]) and can easily walk away without feeling cheated/scammed/betrayed/*insert applicable here*.

Yes, people are happy to pay for a completely broken game, that's been proven time and time again with other titles. That's a really disappointing attitude though and is the reason developers can get away with making terrible games, people will buy them regardless. Consumers need to start making smarter decisions and demanding quality instead of demanding broken games are released now even if they clearly aren't ready. Releasing a pre-alpha build would only result in the game being slammed critically, why would they want that? 

Woa,this is wrong on so many levels.People usually don't want broken games that do not deliver what was promised (during trailers or announcements) like in Aliens:Colonial Marines.

You make it sound like it's the "consumers" fault that Dev's are too lazy to port over random console games to PC and give em at least options to change resolution or aspect ratio on the way.

It is not,it's the fault of the Dev for delivering terrible,half assed work.

Releasing a Game with a lot of bugs (some of them gamebreaking) ain't the failure of "Consumers" either,it's mostly the Publisher who wants that thing out of the door to create some income (or a quick cash-in).Hand of the Dev team are bound,they can't say "We need more time for QA,we can't release yet" when the shareholders make pressure.

No sane person goes "OMG,i want that game now,i don't care about it missing almost every keyfeature and crashing every 5 mins" if the Dev's say "Sorry guys,it's not ready yet.We need more time to iron out flaws".

If people continously buy mediocre games however, that contain 4 or 5 changed features,get a "+1" slapped on the title and are called "the groundbreaking new game of the franchise",think that everything is fine and neaty with that kind of business practice,THEN it's the "consumers" fault.

Edited by Tleilaxu

The simple fact is this.  If they release a good game people will want to play it.  If they rush out a shit game people will rage hard, move on and then never trust them again.

Fuck the hype.  Hype will only carry a game so far and if the end result sucks people will drop it like a hot potato.

At this point the only thing that matters is the end result.  Nothing I say, Dean says or any of us that choose to remain optimistic say will change the opinion of the people that have convinced themselves they've somehow been deceived.  The only thing that can convince those people they were wrong is the release of an awesome game.  Even if that's 6 months or more from now they will buy it because they're gamers and the thing that brought them here originally was the desire to see/play a good game, and the SA has the potential to be an awesome game but the devs need the time to make it happen.

If they release a good game and those peeps decide to pass it up because they still feel lied to well there's nothing that can be done about that and they're the one's that will be missing out. 

I've seen so many failed doomsday predictions for DayZ in the last year it's a joke.  Firstly it was WarZ - "If they don't hurry up and release the SA WarZ will steal it's thunder and take the playerbase!".  Well that didn't pan out so well.

People said similar things about State of Decay and other games that have the words "zombie" or "survival" in the description, some have yet to be released some have already come and gone but the fact is they don't offer the same thing that DayZ will so it still has everything to gain and if it's rushed out to appease the impatient it has everything to lose too.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 5

The next devblog will tell you what you need to know.  *braces for tears*

"Braces for tears" ? I'm guessing by this hint the two month deadline Rocket stated @ E3 is not happening ? :-/

I like how you're the people pissed off at us for wanting information and notices when the game will actually happen. When in turn you'll be taking our money for the game thats been set way far behind with little to no information on a relase. To be honest I doubt very much Ill even know when the game comes out cuz I dont bother to check anymore. How bout Rocket go on another vacation(everest) or something prospone some more things. You've completely missed out on the whole zombie craze(Fading out like twilight). You'll still make a nice amount of money of that I'm sure. Its just sad this game had a lot more potential that was missed out on. Best of luck guys in doing what ever it is ur doing(what ever that may be). I'm sure ill pick up the game sometime but me and my other friends will surely find something else to replace waiting for u to realse something new.

YEH!  The zombie craze has run it's course over the past 30 plus years or so.  It's all over now and they missed it!    The new thing is definitely mummies. 

• Like 7

Woa,this is wrong on so many levels.People usually don't want broken games that do not deliver what was promised (during trailers or announcements) like in Aliens:Colonial Marines.

You make it sound like it's the "consumers" fault that Dev's are too lazy to port over random console games to PC and give em at least options to change resolution or aspect ratio on the way.

It is not,it's the fault of the Dev for delivering terrible,half assed work.

Releasing a Game with a lot of bugs (some of them gamebreaking) ain't the failure of "Consumers" either,it's mostly the Publisher who wants that thing out of the door to create some income (or a quick cash-in).Hand of the Dev team are bound,they can't say "We need more time for QA,we can't release yet" when the shareholders make pressure.

No sane person goes "OMG,i want that game now,i don't care about it missing almost every keyfeature and crashing every 5 mins" if the Dev's say "Sorry guys,it's not ready yet.We need more time to iron out flaws".

If people continously buy mediocre games however, that contain 4 or 5 changed features,get a "+1" slapped on the title and are called "the groundbreaking new game of the franchise",think that everything is fine and neaty with that kind of business practice,THEN it's the "consumers" fault.

Imho, in the end it's always the consumers fault. The consumer determines for himself wether a game is worth the money or not, they vote with their wallets. It seems that people are often impatient and will buy the game regardless of it being broken or not. To me, one example (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it on these forums) is WarZ. People wanted something like DayZ, but better and less buggy so badly, they preordered WarZ without even knowing if the game would be good or not. Of course, the devs fucked up the game, nothing the consumers can do about it. But if the consumers would all just be patient and wait to see what the final product would be like, I bet you WarZ wouldn't have made alot of money since it's a shitty game. It seems that stuff like that just happens too often, consumers get 'sucked in' and will buy the games anyway.

• Like 2

"Braces for tears" ? I'm guessing by this hint the two month deadline Rocket stated @ E3 is not happening ? :-/

I've no idea, just read the few comments after that quote and you'll see exactly what I mean though.

I've no idea, just read the few comments after that quote and you'll see exactly what I mean though.

dunno if it would be appreciated to ask this in here, but may I ask for your concerns on the pre-alpha considering you are one of those who test the game so far? Giving people something to imagine would hold them 2 more days until the holy dev-blog ((=

Maybe the ones who have access to the tests here could make a thread elaborating their thoughts of the game/improvements etc..

Edited by SoulHunter

pheww, thought that was a hint then hehe..

I guess being a tester though u have some idea on the current situation ? 

When is the Dev blog being released ? is it Friday ? 

Edited by WilkoZ

dunno if it would be appreciated to ask this in here, but may I ask for your concerns on the pre-alpha considering you are one of those who test the game so far? Giving people something to imagine would hold them 2 more days until the holy dev-blog ((=

Maybe the ones who have access to the tests here could make a thread elaborating their thoughts of the game/improvements etc..

There's really no point.  Sometimes we test very specific things such as a specific animation or a new mechanic.  Sometimes the build is broken while the devs try something out at other times it's all good.  The dev build changes frequently.  Even if I was to say "It's awesome, you won't believe how awesome it's going to be!"  it doesn't really help anyone because it's just my opinion and I'm a biased fanboy.

Also we're all under NDA's so talking about specifics would break that agreement.

All I can say is that the devs work hard, that's one thing that isn't open to opinion, it's just a fact.  In the testing channel on Skype it sometimes feels as if they never sleep so people that think they sit with their feet up or spend their days playing KSP do need a reality check.

• Like 6

I'm looking forward to the standalone as much as anyone else.  But I also want it to be as good as possible.  Though I'd like to be playing it tomorrow, I'd rather play it when it's ready to be played.

Far as the progress updates and dev blogs go, it's great to hear something and get a peek at the progress.  But as far as I'm concerned, if Rocket and Matt want to spend their time working on the game rather than putting together updates for all the spoiled brats whining with impatience out there, that's be fine by me.  I'd just as soon wait and see these milestone updates.  They will be more meaningful and waste less of Rocket and Matt's time.  And if they have some free time and want to throw us a bone every now and again, that's fine too.  I'd also rather be pleasantly surprised when the standalone alpha/beta releases on it's own time, even without updates, than see it released before it's ready just so a lot of spoon fed momma's boys can play it and start whining all over again on the forums about how buggy and unfinished it is.

So thanks for the updates, Rocket, Matt.  Looking forward to seeing that milestone blog and hearing more about whats in the works.

• Like 4

Of course it didnt come out yet. Rocket is too busy partying and climbing mountains. And his devteam of noobs doesnt help much either.

I sense so much butt-hurt.  :huh: I feel that everyone complaining about a release date is about 10 years old and is still having trouble sleeping the week before Christmas because it isn't coming soon enough. I feel that everyone should be overjoyed that FOR ONCE there is a game studio that would like to actually make sure their game is semi-decent before release. We are all extremely lucky to still have the mod and its dozens of variants to play while we wait, all of which are still pretty exciting and fun for me after over a year of playing. People shouldn't care about losing 'hype' or anything of that sort. The game would still be fun, just like the mod still is, with a lesser amount of people. 

-stuff-

Paragraph rage

The game was going to be released in December as a re-packaged mod and Dean received more of Bohemia's support and decided to make a better game instead of packaging the mod and selling it, and you say Dean/Bohemia should've released a statement about why it was delayed...THEY DID hell the steam page says it as well

There will never be a release date, n countless occasions he has said that it's a milestone release and when it's reached it will be released stop being so god damn ignorant & the fact that you're complaining about a game with an abysmally small team compared to most big titles (even Arma 3 which took years ffs)for not releasing in what is it? 7-9 months of it being announced is bloody ridiculous, just stand up.....go outside and get a life instead of bitching about a massive development process taking too long when infact it's been pretty damn short.Bioshock infinite was delayed a year!

TL;DR Stop bitching about a small dev team taking too long to release a game when in fact they've had very little time in comparison to many other games with bigger teams

Edited by RekliSnipez
  • Like 1

Amazing how the conversation always reverts to the same old argument.

***NEWSFLASH***

I can now confirm that there is a date for SA. It will DEFINITELY be released JULY 2014.

There. You can all relax now you have a definite date.

If for some reason it releases earlier than this, then send yor complaints along with a kiss, to my arse.

• Like 2

haha is it only me who laughs a little if server admins have the same server tools to abuse and basically do what the mod is trying to stop and has plagued dayz since the start ?

admin logs in checks where everyne is gives himself anything he wants . oh wait we stopped long range esp hacks :lol: what about admins !!! stop the toools letting admins see where you are live ! giving themselves gear and basically making themselves god. there is no point in stopping cheats then leaving other options for legit cheating.

I can appreciate your feelings, but let me ask you this- Have you  ever Admin'd a server (with substantial traffic) on a game/system that is very restrictive or has poor tools? Do you even realize what a dedicated server capable of  running  games like this with 50+ players costs a month? It's an imperfect system and hackers (and people who buy hacks) will always find ways around automated detections. It is an Imperfect system but ultimately I have 2 Main points on this-

1. Admins need freedom to decide the "standard" of proof for them selves, and use 3rd party tools.

and

2. Servers are FREAKIN EXPENSIVE. if a individual or community are putting up their IRL money to provide YOU a place to play either accept that its "Their playground, their rule" or vote with your feet and play a different server. I have Nor problems with admins that allow "Donator" starting load outs etc. I would, tbqh Be more inclined to donate 50$ of my money to  a server that's gona let me re-spawn with an AK-47, tent, and some basic supplies then one that's gona put my username in the MOTD.

Yes, people are happy to pay for a completely broken game, that's been proven time and time again with other titles. That's a really disappointing attitude though and is the reason developers can get away with making terrible games, people will buy them regardless. Consumers need to start making smarter decisions and demanding quality instead of demanding broken games are released now even if they clearly aren't ready. Releasing a pre-alpha build would only result in the game being slammed critically, why would they want that? 

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely hate when a developer/publisher delivers a Piece of broken **** game and then later says "Its the first in the series and was more a test of concept" I paid full retail price  I expect Fully finished content, Stable and consistent game mechanics and a worthwhile and enjoyable experience. I WILL NOT PAY FULL PRICE TO TEST A GAME FOR SOME PUBLISHER. That's a lame excuse developers and publishers use for rushing out un-finished content to meet stupid deadlines or take advantage of Holiday/summer break sales opportunities.

The only possible way I would consider this is if they did like what Minecraft  did. It started as a simple  "alpha" with  very few features but workable (and was free at the time) and as they have  improved it they started charging and later increasing the price. IE "Buy it now and play it in its constantly being patched and re-patched alpha state for 75% off and get to keep it even when it goes to final release" thereby offering the customer a chance to try features and give feedback, but not screw them with a broken game they paid 50$ for and you have no incentive to really fix now.

dunno if it would be appreciated to ask this in here, but may I ask for your concerns on the pre-alpha considering you are one of those who test the game so far?

No.

The only possible way I would consider this is if they did like what Minecraft  did. It started as a simple  "alpha" with  very few features but workable (and was free at the time) and as they have  improved it they started charging and later increasing the price. IE "Buy it now and play it in its constantly being patched and re-patched alpha state for 75% off and get to keep it even when it goes to final release" thereby offering the customer a chance to try features and give feedback, but not screw them with a broken game they paid 50$ for and you have no incentive to really fix now.

Em, not sure if you're aware or not but that's what's happening.

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 2

Amazing how the conversation always reverts to the same old argument.

***NEWSFLASH***

I can now confirm that there is a date for SA. It will DEFINITELY be released JULY 2014.

There. You can all relax now you have a definite date.

If for some reason it releases earlier than this, then send yor complaints along with a kiss, to my arse.

hilarious.

I hope in this devblog AT LEAST we will get an estimated release date because after ALL this anticipation WE DESERVE it. I am really glad he will find time for us and I feel very thankful about it I just don't want to hear "WE are at a good stage, now the Alpha will come soon no release date yet etc.". SO with all the respect I have for you Dean PLEASE after one year of waiting (and you were working so HARD for this one) be specific and accurate for the launch. Say it is coming on Christmas I don't care, I will understand just don't say we don't have a release date. Thanks for this developer blog and I hope this will be the last before Alpha launch!

Edited by kanars

Em, not sure if you're aware or not but that's what's happening.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the "Initial release to the public" price for the SA ends up being. sorry for being out of the loop there.

• Like 1

No.

I appreciated much you taking time to respond me elaborating the case, which has already been answered/elaborated though. I like your way of contacting with ordinary members as an administrator. Regarding which, I thank you for your time/afford (I guess..) and wish you to go on like this in the rest of your life as knowing that this would only bring you success anyway.

Regards

Edited by SoulHunter
  • Like 1