rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

It's never said DayZ Alpha Test before. It's quite misleading.

Edited by Rossco

it's very out of date...

Never saw it say alpha test before, quite misleading...?

Nope, not if you haz brainz

I do get your point.

Nope, not if you haz brainz

I do get your point.

Really no need to insult me. I don't come here often. I thought what we were all waiting for was the alpha test??? It says download Dayz alpha test... I figured it would say download DayzMOD 1.7 or whatever version the current mod is now.

Really no need to insult me. I don't come here often. I thought what we were all waiting for was the alpha test??? It says download Dayz alpha test... I figured it would say download DayzMOD 1.7 or whatever version the current mod is now.

If you click on the link it takes you to the mod download link, and the Stand Alone will be released on Steam only.

• Like 1

Hello there

I wasnt insulting you, I said I saw your point, I apologise if you thought I ment otherwise.

It is fairly obvious though, as I said I see why you think some folk might find it confusing.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

I wasnt insulting you, I said I saw your point, I apologise if you thought I ment otherwise.

It is fairly obvious though, as I said I see why you think some folk might find it confusing.

Rgds

LoK

HOW DARE YOU INSULT HIM lol

Same bullshit update I've come to expect every two months.

Wow, so inciteful.

With your total of 45 posts by my reckoning you post once every 5.5 days, so hopefully you can shed some more of your wisdom next Tuesday.

• Like 2

This is the END of the month were is the Developer Blog???  :D  :D  We will get it on Friday right? haha from a nice week they picked the last day xD

• Like 1

Posting this again , hoping I get some kind of answer from above

Clue me up please Rockett , In the SA when do you propose the Zombie Outbreak happened ? Are we spawned into something that is just happening ? Happening right now makes sense would explain Food and Drink laying around in Buildings etc, a general state of Chaos . But if all ( Most ) Vehicles in the SA are all Burnt out, Trees and Weeds are overgrowing Buildings and many other tell tale signs , rusted Ship Wrecks etc this leads me to believe we Enter the SA months after the Initial Zombie Outbreak. So to me atm it looks like we have a mixture of the Two . Any plans to create this back Story ?

• Like 1

Posting this again , hoping I get some kind of answer from above

Clue me up please Rockett , In the SA when do you propose the Zombie Outbreak happened ? Are we spawned into something that is just happening ? Happening right now makes sense would explain Food and Drink laying around in Buildings etc, a general state of Chaos . But if all ( Most ) Vehicles in the SA are all Burnt out, Trees and Weeds are overgrowing Buildings and many other tell tale signs , rusted Ship Wrecks etc this leads me to believe we Enter the SA months after the Initial Zombie Outbreak. So to me atm it looks like we have a mixture of the Two . Any plans to create this back Story ?

There was quite a lot of talk a while ago about backstory being added in.  I'm not sure what was decided on or where they're going with it but it sounded like Dean wanted to make the backstory available to players that wanted to take the time to find out about it it.  So you could receive the info via books, clues, articles etc.

That's all I know about it and it was all discussed when the SA was first announced so since then I've no idea if that's still the plan or not, I think it is.

• Like 1

Off-topic, but I was wondering if there has been any news on how the disease function is going to work? Is there going to be a generic, uniform spread of infection that is mirrored across all the seperate servers, or will each server have its own unique spread of disease?

I read back a while ago that every disease will have a starting point and jump from place to place via players. For example, cholera.

When a server is made, a single body of water is chosen to have the cholera disease in it. A player drinks from that pond, and is now infected. He then goes to another body of water and infects that. It keeps going until before you know it, there's a full blown outbreak.

Now, it may have changed by now, as it was a few months ago.

Edited by colekern
  • Like 1

There was quite a lot of talk a while ago about backstory being added in.  I'm not sure what was decided on or where they're going with it but it sounded like Dean wanted to make the backstory available to players that wanted to take the time to find out about it it.  So you could receive the info via books, clues, articles etc.

That's all I know about it and it was all discussed when the SA was first announced so since then I've no idea if that's still the plan or not, I think it is.

:O I WANT PROPS! AND I WANT THEM NOW! maybe a thread ybout backstories could do the trick,,,,

Wow, so inciteful.

With your total of 45 posts by my reckoning you post once every 5.5 days, so hopefully you can shed some more of your wisdom next Tuesday.

What? Don't mock people with low post counts. It means nothing.

About 99% of the DayZ community has a low post count. Most people can't be bothered with forums, and to be honest, this isn't even a particularly good one.

Yes, old boy didn't contribute much to the conversation but it's childish of you to mock his wisdom when you can't even spell 'insightful' correctly.

As for devblogs...I'm looking forward to the next one as I expect standalone to be delayed so it'll be good to finally get a glimpse (hopefully) of what stage the game is at.

• Like 1

:o I WANT PROPS! AND I WANT THEM NOW! maybe a thread ybout backstories could do the trick,,,,

I think the map overhaul is going to be a constant and ongoing process so it'll be interesting to see what's added to make it fit more with DayZ.  There's already loads of nice little touches as well as the bigger things like the ship etc.  It sounds like the dev team will be expanding soon, I don't know if that means they'll be dedicating more resources to the map design though but I guess we'll find out soon. 

• Like 1

while you're waiting,

I'm a big fan of 1.25, makes me smile.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25
  • Like 2

I think the map overhaul is going to be a constant and ongoing process so it'll be interesting to see what's added to make it fit more with DayZ.  There's already loads of nice little touches as well as the bigger things like the ship etc.  It sounds like the dev team will be expanding soon, I don't know if that means they'll be dedicating more resources to the map design though but I guess we'll find out soon. 

Don't forget the entire new island off the coast of Chernarus. Or was that dropped?

Don't forget the entire new island off the coast of Chernarus. Or was that dropped?

As far as I know nothings changed so Utes is still going to be off of the sth coast.  The most recent work has been on the north of the map.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

As far as I know nothings changed so Utes is still going to be off of the sth coast.  The most recent work has been on the north of the map.

Yay!

My point being what we can already see, it's a mish mash of it just happened and it happened Months ago, makes no sense. So not so much what is the Story, but they must be surely working to one or the other

• Like 2