SmashT

July Round-up: "I want the alpha" < "I want the alpha to be good"

It's been just long enough for the neck beards to come out of the woodwork again. Listen motherfuckers, if you want the game made your way under your terms, then pick your 4day old jocks out of your ass and build your own fucking game.

You fuckwits really dont have a clue. You would think your ignorance of how game development works would give you some humility, but no you little pissants just keep on moaning and groaning.

I wish i was there to see you get yelled at by your school teachers, fuck i would pay money to see that shit son, acting like you shit don't stink.

so help me baby jebus, if you fuckheads complain when the alpha is out i will not stop the troll bashing until i get a ban, who the fuck needs the forums anyway, its the 21st fucking century, all i need is 9gag bro.

eat my dick gentleman.

It's been just long enough for the neck beards to come out of the woodwork again. Listen motherfuckers, if you want the game made your way under your terms, then pick your 4day old jocks out of your ass and build your own fucking game.

You fuckwits really dont have a clue. You would think your ignorance of how game development works would give you some humility, but no you little pissants just keep on moaning and groaning.

I wish i was there to see you get yelled at by your school teachers, fuck i would pay money to see that shit son, acting like you shit don't stink.

so help me baby jebus, if you fuckheads complain when the alpha is out i will not stop the troll bashing until i get a ban, who the fuck needs the forums anyway, its the 21st fucking century, all i need is 9gag bro.

eat my dick gentleman.

Hello there

This is exactly how not to post here folks.

Too sweary, too aggressive and also insulting.

I expect better from you all.

@Turkishmonkey another post like that and you will be taking a holiday from the boards. Frustration and angst is acceptable. Insulting folk is not.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 7

Jesus christ people.

Im not hyped anymore for this. Ive lowered my expectations now.

I suggest you all do the same.

Makes waiting alot easier.

Rocket should stop to answer any of those comments in Reddit that contains anything about the release date or why the alpha hasn't been released. I'm getting pissed that he even spends time to answer those questions again and again to feed the trolls or half brained people.

He could discuss with us about the features, cool requests and the technical stuff but no... That time he's answering those trolls for couple months he could've made couple devblogs.

/I don't believe it's funnier to answer the same thing again and again in free time than spend some time developing a devblog.

Exactly mate.

Hello there

A good well placed swearword is fine (within reason) and can actually add alot of emotion to a sentence.  Shakespeare used a few in his time. It's all about the context. Plus, it's good to remember we do have kids here too, we dont want 'em to grow up the way we did, do you ? :)

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

ok so I thought the mod was the alpha,or is the mod going to go though beta and then be final as well.

if so then standalone should be out in 2016

Hello there

A good well placed swearword is fine (within reason) and can actually add alot of emotion to a sentence.  Shakespeare used a few in his time. It's all about the context. Plus, it's good to remember we do have kids here too, we dont want 'em to grow up the way we did, do you ? :)

Rgds

LoK

Most kids are more sweary than me but it's true, we shouldn't make it cool to skips school.

ok so I thought the mod was the alpha,or is the mod going to go though beta and then be final as well.

if so then standalone should be out in 2016

Negative. The mod is in alpha. The standalone, which shares the concept of the mods is a completely different beast written from the ground up (edit: mostly) and not a mod of another game at all.   It's in alpha as well but not publicly being tested.  Hope that makes sense.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 3

the mods in alpha!!!!???

Yeah it's pretty cool, they actually decided to revolutionize game development with DayZ and initially they released it as a standalone. Then they released the fully developed mod, followed by the DayZ mod beta. Finally, we've arrived at the alpha of the mod. It was very special to be a part of such a unique form of development. It's called degradation development.

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

I bite my thumb at you, sir!

Sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I bite my thumb, sir.

A plague on your houses.

The mod will always be in alpha, call it what you want really it doesn't matter, it'll never be considered complete.  The SA will follow a traditional route, starting with alpha.

Edited by Fraggle

Thou wilt fall backwards when thou hast more wit.

Is this real? the release will be on AUGUST??? 

Is this real? the release will be on AUGUST??? 

Why don't you read the first post in this topic and other recent topics in the information section or even better Rockets own posts on here and reddit and see what's actually been said instead of getting third hand information from youtube that's almost always misquoted, taken out of context or completely wrong.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 5

That's what I thought BUT this information can't be 100% imaginary I mean I read EVERYTHING EVERY POST but I never actually saw anything about this. When the release date questions have no answer this probably fake side of the truth could be real.

My god that video is so full of shit, he even admits in it that he got his info from another random ass website. 

In a way its pretty interesting seeing first hand how terrible the internet is for actually getting accurate information.

omg this dude has no idea what he is talking about dayz has only missed 2 release dates and we did not know it missed the second one until he told us in the most resent update

and the game was not released because it kept crashing and was UNPLAYABLE not because it was buggy

Pretty sure its still broken. As is stated before, the would release it if it would make any sense. Roundup is just confirming my theory that its so broken and not working right now it wouldnt make any sense to go alpha.

If i had to bet my money i would say the date will be pushed back to late octobre, with a further push until decembre.

Edited by nebelwerfer

Updated the first post with a sort of round-up of the more interesting/newsworthy posts Rocket has made this month to hopefully keep people informed on what's happening a little better, let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 9