SmashT

July Round-up: "I want the alpha" < "I want the alpha to be good"

I just hope there is new animation to that when you are prone in upper end of ladder and press "climb down". Now the guy stand up first and then start to climb but what I hope is that he goes smoothly to ladder without standing up.

Hey, I want the alpha to be good as well here but I believe what ticks most people off isn't the waiting, it's the fact that we don't know how long we should wait. On E3 Rocket said that the SA would be released "very soon" but we don't have a frame of reference to how "soon" that might be.

I'd love you devs if you could just go out and say "Not this month", or, "Not until atleast X" I don't mind if you push it ahead now and again since from all different sources it seems like it's going to be released any day.

• Like 2

Yes it can be frustrating but Rockets explained why they haven't publicly declared a release date (they do have an internal one).

We're just going to have to accept that.

Amazing that almost 7 full month in the new year, there are still people insisting that rocket promised the Standalone in the way it is developed now for December.

I have known that SA will not come out 2012 around start of december. (week 48/49) If you guys still haven't figured out what happened back then, just turn off the internet, send your modem back to your provider and focus on reading books until you are capable of understanding text.

People = Stupid;

People waiting for Dayz-SA-Release = Stupid + nothing else to do...

sorry @ the few who don't fit that rule...

• Like 1

This may seem ridiculous, but an Alpha pre-order during the SSS would be nice. Just so I can be sure as to how much I need to put away.

there wont be alpha preorder and any new game during sss

• Like 1

The fundamental difference between the mod and the SA is that people will be paying money for the SA, with that comes certain expectations and consumer rights.

People are/were happy (mostly) to accept the flaws of the mod because it's a free mod and most understand the limitations modding entails. Even if they weren't happy with it they had no path of recourse and Dean could just say "deal with it, I owe you nothing, take it or leave it." When you're dealing with paying customers that is not the case.

Anyhoo, as stated frequently by Dean himself, he's not making us wait due to a sadistic nature, he's clearly said he wants it released for public feedback ASAP but the fact remains certain things have to be taken care of and put in place first, that's just how it is. If that's not done we'll literally have nothing to play or offer our feedback on.

exactly fraggle ! and thats why im concerned because further delaying right now makes me think about the progress they make..if its still in an THAT early stage, im not convinced it will be released anytime soon !

I want the alpha to be playable, it's ok to have bugs.

I had only 1 experience with alphas, and it was with the Arma 3, the alpha was ok, pretty playable. If Dayz get an alpha release like Arma 3 i will be pleased to play it.

I have known that SA will not come out 2012 around start of december. (week 48/49) If you guys still haven't figured out what happened back then, just turn off the internet, send your modem back to your provider and focus on reading books until you are capable of understanding text.

RRRRRealy? Officially we had Dean saying it will be out this year, (2012) and then there was a November post saying that the date might slip if needed but not confirmed anything... And then nothing until the dev blog in January which was an apology. Post your sources and make sure they are official as your mum does not count.

PR? Who needs PR? We do! DayZ is a massive community and having engaging PR would make the community grow even more. If Dean goes off to a next project in the future I bet he will think: "better get a PR manager this time because DayZ was a fucking disaster, better not repeat that shit again lol".

Edited by intensity
  • Like 1

If Dean goes off to a next project in the future I bet he will think: "better get a PR manager this time because DayZ was a fucking disaster, better not repeat that shit again lol".

Probably not, Rocket absolutely hates the idea of having a PR manager.

Look, I really want to clarify something. And I hope this doesn't get lost in a whole bunch of endless posts. It's not my intention to be a dick, my intention is to engage in a real dialog, real discussions, with people rather than go through some plastic process and appoint a community manager.

Personally, in game development. I have never, ever, seen this work. The game developers don't really listen to the community manager, because he's not in the development team. The community manager is generally there to feed out updates.

http://dayzmod.com/f..._360#entry70060

I quit the day a PR person comes between me and the community. Not interested, don't care how much of a fuckup I am/become. It's just not worth it, rather go back to the army.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1hz341/rocket_just_posted_this_on_twitter_it_makes_sense/cazojfz?context=3

• Like 3

Did I diss Project Zomboid or the games Rockstar is making? Just saying the developers or Project Zomboid want money and Rockstar is really greedy (like I said why the f*ck are they bringing GTA5 to current gen consoles with mostly 20FPS? Money)

What has the division to do with Rockstar? Dude, I don't hate Rockstar and never said so. They are greedy, so the do PR. Project Zomboid wants money, so they use PR. Dean Hall wants a stable alpha with hardcore players so what does he need? I don't know, but no PR that's for sure.

Totally unrelated. Have you considered switching forums? Please keep on topic

Rocket please release the standalone next summer, Cos by then all the moaning fucking trolls will have fucked off and the true Dayz fans can play it and test out the game without hearing them whiny assed dickheads who seem to moan on every forum!!!

If your not happy with Dayz and dont trust that Rocket and the BI team will make an awesome game then FUCK OFF BACK TO COD or what ever rock you crawl from under and give us all a rest :)

Edited by jaytmuk
  • Like 1

RRRRRealy? Officially we had Dean saying it will be out this year, (2012) and then there was a November post saying that the date might slip if needed but not confirmed anything... And then nothing until the dev blog in January which was an apology. Post your sources and make sure they are official as your mum does not count.

PR? Who needs PR? We do! DayZ is a massive community and having engaging PR would make the community grow even more. If Dean goes off to a next project in the future I bet he will think: "better get a PR manager this time because DayZ was a fucking disaster, better not repeat that shit again lol".

He missed it because they weren't just revamping the mod, they decided to rebuild the engine. They decided to go in a whole new direction. To me, that means the December date no longer applies. THAT'S what liquidmind is saying and he's right. The December date was for a "different" DayZ SA. Since then there have been no delays or stretches. They said they'd re-evaluate in June, they did that. At E3 they said no longer than 2 months and we're inside of two months. To me, that's discussion over. I don't know why the same thing has to be said 100 times a day. This makes sense to a significant portion of the DayZ population, I still don't know why you're lost on that. <----------EDIT: Maybe you aren't but you just think it's significant to talk about that missed release date a lot??

And Dean explained his reasoning for no PR just last night. Go back and read it. Back in December, I think he felt like things were a disaster and not looking so great. Now, I think he's happy. It's the insane obsessive people waiting for the game who are making it "disastrous" because they're making things up that he has clarified over and over and over again. PR doesn't magically make people understand things when it's been made clear plenty of times. And really, nothing is wrong. Everything is going smoothly from what everyone has been told. People just can't read very well, again as liquidmind pointed out.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies
  • Like 1

Dayz was a disaster???

1.7million Arma2 (because of Dayz Mod) sold at £25 each = £42.5million (what a disaster that is huh)

I played Dayz Mod solid for about 8 months for the price of £25.

Anyone still playing Bioshock infinite (£40) after 8 months?

Will anyone still be playing The Last of Us 8 months after they bought it?

Name me a triple A title that you will be playing solidly for 8 months, I doubt there be many.

Dayz was and is one the best and most engaging games i have ever played, and the fact you are on this forum everyday means you either agree or you are just a sad little troll with nothing else to past your time!

Edited by jaytmuk

Rocket please release the standalone next summer, Cos by then all the moaning fucking trolls will have fucked off and the true Dayz fans can play it and test out the game without hearing them whiny assed dickheads who seem to moan on every forum!!!

If your not happy with Dayz and dont trust that Rocket and the BI team will make an awesome game then FUCK OFF BACK TO COD or what ever rock you crawl from under and give us all a rest :)

Most of the people who want standalone to be released right away don't care whether it's good or not, they just want to be able to play it.

I'd rather have quick crap and be able to help turn that crap into gold, than have silver that took forever to make and only be able to help a little bit in making it into gold.

Most of the people who want standalone to be released right away don't care whether it's good or not, they just want to be able to play it.

I'd rather have quick crap and be able to help turn that crap into gold, than have silver that took forever to make and only be able to help a little bit in making it into gold.

You want a game that just crashes because of some random action you do? Because my understanding is they've been working out some pretty nasty crashes the last couple weeks.

• Like 2

It seems alot of people dont understand the term ALPHA or BETA with regards to game development.

It seems alot of people dont understand the term ALPHA or BETA with regards to game development.

Well, to be fair Ripred at least acknowledges that he expects it to be not so good. Which is a good thing because a lot of people seem to think otherwise. But I think it needs to be at least playable for a full public release, which is what they're going for.

Amazing that almost 7 full month in the new year, there are still people insisting that rocket promised the Standalone in the way it is developed now for December.

People = Stupid;

People waiting for Dayz-SA-Release = Stupid + nothing else to do...

sorry @ the few who don't fit that rule...

Maybe he ment December 2013, haha. I totally be okay with that, once again, if there was more information on the tumblr. Even simple stuff like "Hey, we squished a bug today where you fall through the ground!" That's all I ask for, myself, but some people are just pushy for a public release, no matter how broken it is. I will say though, some people actually appreciate buggy, crashy games. (Skyrim/Fallout 3/New Vegas, anyone?)

I do hate it when people bring up the December deadline though. But I do wish they had stated something before the deadline passed like "Hey, actually, we're going to push the release date back a bit in response to atempting to rewrite the entire engine..." When it comes to game deveopment, all I care about is the goings on of the deveopers. I can draw my own conclusions about when I "expect" the game to be released. I like waiting, myself, and if it's a December 2013 release, I'd be okay with it. Just as long as we're talking about it, rather than keeping the project in the dark.

Also, I'd like to thank SmashT and Fraggle for aggregating some of the information and posting up on some of the problems the project has been having. Also for tolerating the pure amount of bullshit that they have to deal with every day revolving the Standalone. Thanks guys.

• Like 2

Totally unrelated. Have you considered switching forums? Please keep on topic

Do you even now what the f*ck we were talking about? Don't try to get into a converstation which is over and none of your buisness (because you did not even read it).

Are you collection posts or what?

• Like 1

He missed it because they weren't just revamping the mod, they decided to rebuild the engine. They decided to go in a whole new direction. To me, that means the December date no longer applies. THAT'S what liquidmind is saying and he's right. The December date was for a "different" DayZ SA. Since then there have been no delays or stretches. They said they'd re-evaluate in June, they did that. At E3 they said no longer than 2 months and we're inside of two months. To me, that's discussion over. I don't know why the same thing has to be said 100 times a day. This makes sense to a significant portion of the DayZ population, I still don't know why you're lost on that. <----------EDIT: Maybe you aren't but you just think it's significant to talk about that missed release date a lot??

If you actually look at my post then you will see I was quoting somebody else who was brining up the date thing. I didn't just magically bring it out of nowhere for the sake of being an asshole/idiot like you are assuming, Every time someone is going to be posting bullshit about not missing any dates ect, know that I might respond to set the record straight.

And Dean explained his reasoning for no PR just last night. Go back and read it. Back in December, I think he felt like things were a disaster and not looking so great. Now, I think he's happy. It's the insane obsessive people waiting for the game who are making it "disastrous" because they're making things up that he has clarified over and over and over again. PR doesn't magically make people understand things when it's been made clear plenty of times. And really, nothing is wrong. Everything is going smoothly from what everyone has been told. People just can't read very well, again as liquidmind pointed out.

While Dean has certainly "explained" his decision I certainly don't agree with it, plain simple. Is it so hard to think that he is wrong? That is the point. When he was doing more regular updates I was happy with the fact that he was doing it. but after being shafted with no info over and over again it is clear that it doesn't fucking work. Everything is going smoothly? Are we talking about the same game? The game that looks exactly like the mod, will not have vehicles and probably suffers from the same bugs albeit being delayed for months? Yeah, no problems, no problems at all.

ojdsp2.jpg

Dayz was a disaster???

1.7million Arma2 (because of Dayz Mod) sold at £25 each = £42.5million (what a disaster that is huh)

Give yourself a cookie for reading my post out of context. I was clearly referring to it as a PR disaster

• Like 2

Well, to be fair Ripred at least acknowledges that he expects it to be not so good. Which is a good thing because a lot of people seem to think otherwise. But I think it needs to be at least playable for a full public release, which is what they're going for.

Dayz mod was buggy, glitchy, and frustrating... But even at that it was far more an enjoyable game to play than any other game i played in 2012, even games i payed £40+ for.

If you actually look at my post then you will see I was quoting somebody else who was brining up the date thing. I didn't just magically bring it out of nowhere for the sake of being an asshole/idiot like you are assuming, Every time someone is going to be posting bullshit about not missing any dates ect, know that I might respond to set the record straight.

While Dean has certainly "explained" his decision I certainly don't agree with it, plain simple. Is it so hard to think that he is wrong? That is the point. When he was doing more regular updates I was happy with the fact that he was doing it. but after being shafted with no info over and over again it is clear that it doesn't fucking work. Everything is going smoothly? Are we talking about the same game? The game that looks exactly like the mod, will not have vehicles and probably suffers from the same bugs albeit being delayed for months? Yeah, no problems, no problems at all.

ojdsp2.jpg

Give yourself a cookie for reading my post out of context. I was clearly referring to it as a PR disaster

Is your real life so unhappy that the only happyness you get is from trolling on a forum of a game you dislike made by a developer you seem to dislike who is making a game you think will be crap, that you will still buy BECAUSE YOU JUST WANT TO MOAN AT EVERYTHING in life because you are so unhappy.. (hug hug)

• Like 2