SmashT

July Round-up: "I want the alpha" < "I want the alpha to be good"

Dayz mod was buggy, glitchy, and frustrating... But even at that it was far more an enjoyable game to play than any other game i played in 2012, even games i payed £40+ for.

Ever been killed by a shouldercheck? It's happened to me twice on that mod. We bump into each other and one of us dies. This is a feature that I'd prefer not to be in the Standalone.

If you actually look at my post then you will see I was quoting somebody else who was brining up the date thing. I didn't just magically bring it out of nowhere for the sake of being an asshole/idiot like you are assuming, Every time someone is going to be posting bullshit about not missing any dates ect, know that I might respond to set the record straight.

While Dean has certainly "explained" his decision I certainly don't agree with it, plain simple. Is it so hard to think that he is wrong? That is the point. When he was doing more regular updates I was happy with the fact that he was doing it. but after being shafted with no info over and over again it is clear that it doesn't fucking work. Everything is going smoothly? Are we talking about the same game? The game that looks exactly like the mod, will not have vehicles and probably suffers from the same bugs albeit being delayed for months? Yeah, no problems, no problems at all.

ojdsp2.jpg

Give yourself a cookie for reading my post out of context. I was clearly referring to it as a PR disaster

Will you be buying the Standalone Dayz game?

Edited by jaytmuk

Ever been killed by a shouldercheck? It's happened to me twice on that mod. We bump into each other and one of us dies. This is a feature that I'd prefer not to be in the Standalone.

Yes, and even with that kind of glitch in the mod it still is and was more fun to play than most games, Did you buy Bioshock Infinite by any chance? If so did it give you 8 months worth of gameplay? i Doubt :P

Is your real life so unhappy that the only happyness you get is from trolling on a forum of a game you dislike made by a developer you seem to dislike who is making a game you think will be crap, that you will still buy BECAUSE YOU JUST WANT TO MOAN AT EVERYTHING in life because you are so unhappy.. (hug hug)

I just want updates... Is that so much to ask... *sigh*

• Like 3

If you actually look at my post then you will see I was quoting somebody else who was brining up the date thing. I didn't just magically bring it out of nowhere for the sake of being an asshole/idiot like you are assuming, Every time someone is going to be posting bullshit about not missing any dates ect, know that I might respond to set the record straight.

While Dean has certainly "explained" his decision I certainly don't agree with it, plain simple. Is it so hard to think that he is wrong? That is the point. When he was doing more regular updates I was happy with the fact that he was doing it. but after being shafted with no info over and over again it is clear that it doesn't fucking work. Everything is going smoothly? Are we talking about the same game? The game that looks exactly like the mod, will not have vehicles and probably suffers from the same bugs albeit being delayed for months? Yeah, no problems, no problems at all.

ojdsp2.jpg

Give yourself a cookie for reading my post out of context. I was clearly referring to it as a PR disaster

Don't try to twist it like that (someone else brought up the "release date"), he was referring to people bringing it up because they still don't understand what happened back in December and how stupid that is. You're bringing it up as though there was some massive let down and we're still waiting 7 months later for that to be reconciled. Think of them as two completely different projects. The December release date has NOTHING to do with the DayZ Standalone as they're pursuing it now. It's completely irrelevant.

I disagree that it has been a PR disaster or any sort of disaster. Sales would be a reflection of that as well would it not?? If you're selling lots of games, you're doing something right. Better than something like Call of Duty where the game is shit but the PR is brilliant.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

I just want updates... Is that so much to ask... *sigh*

When you go out to eat to a restaurant do you demand the food before its finished cooking?

Dayz mod was buggy, glitchy, and frustrating... But even at that it was far more an enjoyable game to play than any other game i played in 2012, even games i payed £40+ for.

Oh yeah I completely agree. Those things actually gave it character oddly enough. It sort of formed the community and even today I think people have a good time joking about the quirky glitches of the DayZ mod. But when I started playing the mod there were no massive crashes and the artifacting got so bad I stopped playing for a bit. So I think the hope is that the standalone is released without anything too massive, while understanding the reality that anything can happen.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies

Think of them as two completely different projects. The December release date has NOTHING to do with the DayZ Standalone as they're pursuing it now. It's completely irrelevant.

1st That was not made clear until January, so we had a missed deadline with a big WTF.

2nd It can't forget the date because the whole point of it was to re do the game from scratch, and what we are seeing now doesn't seem all that better, sorry.

3rd Why don't we talk about a different game altogether, and just pretend it's DayZ? Whatever floats your boat man.

I completely disagree that it has been a PR disaster or any sort of disaster. Sales would be a reflection of that as well would it not?? If you're selling lots of games, you're doing something right. Better than something like Call of Duty where the game is shit but the PR is brilliant.

COD has like 200 mil advertising budget. I would like regular updates via dayz dev blog.

Edited by intensity
  • Like 1

3rd Why don't we talk about a different game altogether, and just pretend it's DayZ? Whatever floats your boat man.

I know! Lets all talk about Warz! Remember that gem?

Do you even now what the f*ck we were talking about? Don't try to get into a converstation which is over and none of your buisness (because you did not even read it).

Are you collection posts or what?

What? Who pissed in your coffee? ....*Sigh* okay look i'm sorry if i pooped on your privat party there won't happen again

Edited by IHombreI

1st That was not made clear until January, so we had a missed deadline with a big WTF.

2nd It can't forget the date because the whole point of it was to re do the game from scratch, and what we are seeing now doesn't seem all that better, sorry.

COD has like 200 mil advertising budget. I would like regular updates via dayz dev blog.

You would like regular updates via dayz dev blog?

And the rest of us just want them to get on with the development instead of wasting their time babysitting impatient people on the forums.

There are other games you could play in the mean time :P

Project Zomboid, Cube World, Prison Architect, Kerbals Space Program, Faster Than Light, Trials Evolution Gold, Arma 3, Joe Danger 2.

All awesome games and relatively cheap :)

Will you be buying the Standalone?

WohOOO! Back on track baby! now get me off of that stupid reddit sh...

Horse's aren't planned for alpha. But we have mooted how we would do it a couple of times. Requires animation blending, which we need to do anyway, and mocaping a horse (which involves alot of shit... literally).

You should talk to the guys at Taleworlds Entertainment (Mount&Blade:Warband = pure medieval awesomeness!!). They have the most beautiful, fluid and realistic horse animation ingame.

Much better then oblivion etc,

I hate hearing stuff from PR managers. I have no interest in making this game if I had to deal with a PR manager and some kind of PR strategy. Neither does bohemia.

I'm sure there are plenty of companies that would be glad to cater for you what you seem to want, but I am certainly not one of those people - for better or worse.

Why not hire one and tell him not to do the usual PR-style PR?  Revolutionize gaming PR, and make it about what you want it to be.  You don't have to "deal" with his strategy, you have to dictate it.

IMHO, having Matt demo videos and forget to mention that animations were out of sync with zombies does way more harm than good, especially when its some of the first info we'd seen in awhile and people were foaming at the mouth for any tid bits. It leads to more misinformation and bad impressions.   A well-done demo type of video could display the things you want displayed and properly while informing interested parties about the things that were still in development and not working well yet.   Keeping your fans properly informed isn't a bad thing.

• Like 3

Why not hire one and tell him not to do the usual PR-style PR?  Revolutionize gaming PR, and make it about what you want it to be.  You don't have to "deal" with his strategy, you have to dictate it.

IMHO, having Matt demo videos and forget to mention that animations were out of sync with zombies does way more harm than good, especially when its some of the first info we'd seen in awhile and people were foaming at the mouth for any tid bits. It leads to more misinformation and bad impressions.   A well-done demo type of video could display the things you want displayed and properly while informing interested parties about the things that were still in development and not working well yet.   Keeping your fans properly informed isn't a bad thing.

So you want him  to show you actually how the game is not? Are you kidding me? Everyone is complaining about idi*t publisher who fake screenshots, hide bugs and let the game look better than it actually is, and you want Dean to do exactly the same thing?

People are really weird, on the one hand they want something and complain about how stupid things are and on the other hand people complain about the solution for exactly these problems. I don't know where you live, but in my country honesty is something valuable. And the worst is first you complain about too much information and then you tell him he should keep people informend?

Some people are really brainwashed by the medias. They don't even realise that they are protecting things which only exist to empty their wallets.

Edited by Wayze

So you want him  to show you actually how the game is not? Are you kidding me? Everyone is complaining about idi*t publisher who fake screenshots, hide bugs and let the game look better than it actually is, and you want Dean to do exactly the same thing?

Your reading comprehension is abhorrent. Additionally, you're completely off base thinking I am "brainwashed by the media", pal.

Where exactly did you read that I wanted him to fake screenshots like the WarZ?  Lol, you've got to be joking.

I spoke about typical "PR" that rocket dislikes, and I in fact dislike, and explained that you can have relations with the public that are not the typical snazzy lies.  You can hire PR, so you can focus on developing, and tell them exactly how you want it handled; that it isn't a big used car sales gig.  You can approve of what they put out, so your fans are informed of the progress, get satiated with the news they want, and not have it look like amateur hour, which frankly the info about the SA has so far appeared.  I value honesty too... my entire post was about hiring a professional to honestly talk about the game progress and future, rather than having your fans search some random site like reddit for news.

What did that video demo with Matt at whatever gaming convention recently show...  him running around doing things and talking about what changes they would make. "What the game is not"... yet, but then plan it to be.  Except he forgot to mention that the zombies glitching through walls and attacking him before they visually attacked him was because a synching feature had not been implemented yet.   What happened? People shit their pants claiming the SA looked terrible etc. and all manner of misinformation was slung around about how bad the SA looks. 

• Like 3

What did that video demo with Matt at whatever gaming convention recently show...  him running around doing things and talking about what changes they would make. "What the game is not"... yet, but then plan it to be.  Except he forgot to mention that the zombies glitching through walls and attacking him before they visually attacked him was because a synching feature had not been implemented yet.   What happened? People shit their pants claiming the SA looked terrible etc. and all manner of misinformation was slung around about how bad the SA looks. 

This is just good because the alpha doesn't need people who get scared of those kind of bugs.

• Like 2

After reading some of these posts, I really do not envy Rocket. He tries to give us some info on how things are going but people aren't satisfied. He says nothing and they complain there's no progress report.

He seems damned whatever he says.

• Like 2

So your point: They need to spend money on professional PR because people overreact and over-analyze very brief videos and simple information. Oooooookay.

It's not their problem, it's the problem of people who lack patience and would rather react before more information comes out. The syncing is a good example. Anyone could have looked and thought that looked kind of rough. I definitely did. In no way did I panic and freak out though. Sure enough, Dean clarified the issue soon after the video came out. No harm done. Just because people lose their minds over certain things doesn't mean it was mishandled. Trust me, they don't care if a few people like to whine about the information they think they should get. This game is going to sell regardless of what they do and don't tell you about development during pre-alpha release.

^And what St. Jimmy said. People shitting their pants really don't matter. I'd be happy to have them lose faith and not play the game. The developers aren't going to get constructive feedback from these people anyways. They don't need pants shitting overreaction.

• Like 2

does anyone think standalone will come out before the end of summer?

I just don't like how easy it is to get infected, so I hope standalone comes out and fixes that.

You can't compare a triple A title like The Last Of Us with a game like DayZ. That's basically like comparing an elephant to a mouse.

Ah, Agrrovate a mouse, and it will come at you with the force of a lion...

Ja?