Wayze

Still getting adrenalin?

Still getting adrenlin in combat?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Still getting adrenalin?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Sometimes.

I was wondering if there are people who get still adrenlin after playing the game for months. I got definitly 400h+ and I still get scared in combat situations. It is not that I hesitate like a bambie, more that my heart beat is going up.

So I am asking the people who play DayZ more than 100h. Are you still getting adrenalin?

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

i heard people had heart attacks cause of the game already. i still get adrenaline while playing it. well, when i enter combat with others...

every times

sometimes is too much and my body is saying 'come on, this is too much. lets watch tv tonight' :o

I always laugh and say 'shh. calm it. we get this guy then we watch tv'

but I never watch TV B)

Edited by KoS
  • Like 7

hell yes. because every situation is different and there's always random factors that make every fight exciting

Yup, even after over 2000 hours i can still get a good hit of adrenaline in a gun fight. learnt to control it a long time ago, but the buzz is still there.

• Like 5

what I don't understand is carebears who play dayz with no pvp to avoid adrenalin. :huh:

Is like the kid in my school who came to alton towers but never went on the rides, not even the shit ones because he is scared of adrenalin feeling. :o

When I feel adrenalin I am so excited and it feels like a drug and I am probably addict now.

the only things that give me better adrenalin feeling is when I have a fight with sum guys from another town and when my dad was driving like starsky and hutch and made us crash into a garden. apart from these dayz is the best.

• Like 4

I personally dont go looking for pvp, the more i put value into my characters life the more intense the pvp situations are. if i just did the elektro deathmatch scene all the time it would soon become dull and repetitive for me and i'd lose the fear of dying that makes this game so great.

• Like 5

I personally dont go looking for pvp, the more i put value into my characters life the more intense the pvp situations are. if i just did the elektro deathmatch scene all the time it would soon become dull and repetitive for me and i'd lose the fear of dying that makes this game so great.

you make sense.

I am still noob so I have a long time before I am bored of PvP in elektro. :D

After I get bored maybe I try sniper at the north west airfield B)

friggin nailed it right there Flux

I used to play on a server back in the Good ol' DayZ (See what I did there.....) and the server had 3 clans, including mine. One of them was pretty small but the other was about equal size and there was about 8 of us. We're hanging around Vybor when we were shot at by the smaller clan, lasted about 30 minutes and managed to kill them all. So we moved onto the airfield, there's a small hill on the Western side that overlooks the entrance to the airfield, we set up there and waited to see if anyone came along. What we didn't know is that the other clan (And at this point quite intense rivals) was no more than 200-300 meters in a tree line nearby, and at the south barracks too. **** hit the fan and the fight lasted for 3 hours across the entire area of the airfield, only two of us survived.

My heart was pumping like hell throughout and the fact it lasted 3 hours had me mentally worn out! Everytime it went quiet and would kick off the blood started pumping and even that tiny bit of paranoia kicked in. To this day the same thing happens at the sound of a pin dropping.

DayZ is like no other..

• Like 3

That was a year ago.. My veins used to pop out and I felt like I was twice strong afterwards.. I also felt panic and confusion when I got into a firefight, especially when my leg got broken.

But nowadays, sadly no. I don't flinch and I don't panic if I get shot at.

And I've told this many times before, but I once was in the construction site on the East coast and I was just checking my gear by the wall, crouched. I just went to prone and then a M107 goes off and it sounds like a big fucking explosion right in my eardrum. I don't know healthcare stuff and I don't know if it was a game feature, but my vision literally went orange for a second and I had no idea what was going on. I laid down there for at least 10 seconds to realize what it was. Then I just ran out, the guy and his spotter were still shooting at me. I hear some smaller rifle fire and atleast 6 more M107 shots when I'm zigzagging to a treeline. It was crazy.

Edited by Sutinen

yes. just last night, it was nice and quiet as i was looking for a spot to land my little bird next some military barracks when a huey swooped in out of nowhere and started laying waste to my lil chopper.....i frantically scramble to the nearest tree line, flying as low and fast as i can until i see a place where i can make a break for it. my heart is PUMPING! im jamming for a good minute or two ..then all of a sudden, out from behind a low hill another huey comes flying in straight towards me. my hands are sweating, im freaking the heck out because i dont want to lose my precious gear or my heli,so i make a split second decision to drop as low as i can. in that moment, the heli chasing me engages the huey that just came into view. they are dipping and dodging eachother while both guns on both choppers are letting bullets rain down. after a tense few minutes i hear a loud explosion so i lift off again, and come to see both choppers lying smoldering in the ground. 6 bandit corpses and all of them were geared head to toe B) what a rush that was!

• Like 2

Definitely gets my heart racing like no other game, but not with the frequency that it used to. Generally it's the anticipation of knowing that I'm about to get into a firefight these days rather than when I get jumped in an ambush or bump into a player in close proximity.

I found a dead player in cherno a few days ago with a dmr, m4 cco and all of the goodies including a ghillie, and an m9sd with 5 mags: but no ammo for either primary.

So I was crawling through brush south of stary on my way to the military tents to hopefully find ammo for my dmr (I had ditched the cco for a plain ak with one mag at this point) when I see a player with a dmr in camo up on the hill behin a low rock wall scoping out the town. Long story short I killed him with a frag grenade and my heart was pounding and my hands were shaking as I reached his body (m249 with 2 mags, 3 dmr mags, and full tool belt plus rangefinders).

But of course in all of the excitement I didn't consider that he wasn't sniping looters but watching his buddy's back. I got shot in the back of the head as I went running away giggling to myself about all of the loot I had just scored.

I love how unforgiving this game can be if you lose focus for just a moment.

• Like 1

Occasionally. Like when I find a couple of DMR mags then decide if I want to risk sneaking back to the apartments north of Cherno to pick up that M14 AIM I left on a body because it only had 9 rounds and I rather have a Winchester with 30. And then trying to decide if I want to risk busting the glass to the hospital while I'm there, all the while thinking about some sniper whose probably climbing to the top of that grain elevator right now.

Not as much as it used to be but I still get shaky during battles. When I came up behind two snipers when I first started playing I remember my heart pounding harder than it has ever pounded before. I was almost scared I was going to have a heart attack :P

I just alt+F4 i dont care

...and then crawl back under that bridge you call home, I'm assuming?

Edit: My bad... I shouldn't feed the trolls

Edited by TheLastEmp

I voted sometimes as most of the time a simple 1v1 PvP situation will not get the adrenaline pumping like versing a large group would.

Most recent one that I can think of would be when me and a few other people decided to start playing Breaking Point again and camped up at Devil's Castle for a bit. While we were there we noticed a heli circling around us and didn't seem to have seen us (was nearly pitch black out). As it was circling around two people jump from the helicopter and parachute their way down. As they were coming down I could have (and should have) easily taken them out as they were landing but figured they had not seen us yet and would be better to 'surprise' them as they entered. My buddy and I ran to cover the gate while the other person we were playing with camped the top of the tower with his sniper rifle. Right as they start running towards the gate we decided to fire at them which then lead to a stand off that seemed to last for a good half hour to an hour. All while this was going on the helicopter they dropped out of was hovering above us so my buddy and I started firing at the pilot while he was hovering. Next thing you know our buddy at the top of the tower takes a good shot at the pilot and moments later the helicopter crashes into the tower that he was sniping in. Now that our sniper was trapped within the destroyed tower, it was up to us at the gate to finish the others. As time passes my buddy gets shot from behind out of nowhere. Right as that happens I quickly turn and finish the guy who shot him. Turns out one of the players that was at the gate decided it would be a good idea to ghost us. Right after I get done gunning him down the other one rushes towards me and we kill each other at the same time like something you would see in a movie.

• Like 1

I voted sometimes as most of the time a simple 1v1 PvP situation will not get the adrenaline pumping like versing a large group would.

Most recent one that I can think of would be when me and a few other people decided to start playing Breaking Point again and camped up at Devil's Castle for a bit. While we were there we noticed a heli circling around us and didn't seem to have seen us (was nearly pitch black out). As it was circling around two people jump from the helicopter and parachute their way down. As they were coming down I could have (and should have) easily taken them out as they were landing but figured they had not seen us yet and would be better to 'surprise' them as they entered. My buddy and I ran to cover the gate while the other person we were playing with camped the top of the tower with his sniper rifle. Right as they start running towards the gate we decided to fire at them which then lead to a stand off that seemed to last for a good half hour to an hour. All while this was going on the helicopter they dropped out of was hovering above us so my buddy and I started firing at the pilot while he was hovering. Next thing you know our buddy at the top of the tower takes a good shot at the pilot and moments later the helicopter crashes into the tower that he was sniping in. Now that our sniper was trapped within the destroyed tower, it was up to us at the gate to finish the others. As time passes my buddy gets shot from behind out of nowhere. Right as that happens I quickly turn and finish the guy who shot him. Turns out one of the players that was at the gate decided it would be a good idea to ghost us. Right after I get done gunning him down the other one rushes towards me and we kill each other at the same time like something you would see in a movie.

Good story. But I gave you beans for your avatar, which is excellent.

Good story. But I gave you beans for your avatar, which is excellent.

Haha :P

Definitely yes. I avoid fights at all costs because I tend to die, so on the rare occasions that I get into a firefight instead of just getting mowed down are kickers beyond belief. There is so much to loose when you have spent days scrounging gear.