The Jackall

ARMA 3 DAYZ VS STANDALONE

Regrding motorbike helmets please, please....PLEASE try and understand that what you have been shown is a development build. Yes they will exist in game as will many other types of clothing. Many of your points seem to be a result of looking at a PRE-ALPHA DEVELOPMENT BUILD and thinking that's the final product.

Use your imagination about what will be added over the next few months and the potential that will have for gameplay.

SA looks like it's being designed as a survival game, arma 3 zombies looks like the mod ported to arma 3.

I'm looking forward to SA, simply because the devs seem to be taking it in the survival direction i agree with. arma 3 dayz just sounds like the same KoS deathmatch that arma 2 dayz is now. 

Edited by Capo

Arma2 will be done for the next time... - Arma3 is now in spotlight.

I think, when they release a good DAYZ-mod for arma3, there will be only a few people, who want to buy the standalone...

Rocket had his time... - he wasted his time on mount everest ;)

Edited by TiMEDANCE

I personally believe ArmA 3 DayZ will be much better than the standalone, because the zombies will be base coded as future Iranian soldiers and also such as hover tanks with rail guns.

rail guns you say?

A3 vs DayZ's ToH engine with DayZ in mind:

- Lighting is better because of DX 11 but DayZ's HDR also looks very good.

- Both have new skeletons and more fluid anims.

- A3 got newer sound engine but they aren't even focusing on sounds yet in DayZ so it might be the same in the end.

- A3 got underwater. Not much needed in DayZ IMO.

- A3 got PhysX. Well Dean has hinted something about physics in DayZ also.

So there isn't that much difference. Also the develop from A3 engine would've taken even more longer. Oh and A3 mod vs Standalone. Mod is a mod and game is a game.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Well Arma 3 is fucked anyway right now...

Its been gang banged ,double penetrated you name it.

Funny rhinocrunch didn't touch that subject in his rant(some of I agree with) about Arma3 Dayz.

Its been gang banged ,double penetrated you name it.

Funny rhinocrunch didn't touch that subject in his rant(some of I agree with) about Arma3 Dayz.

Well he already had to backtrack and release one vomit-inducing apology after his DayZ rant.  I doubt he wants to put himself through that again.

Well he already had to backtrack and release one vomit-inducing apology after his DayZ rant.  I doubt he wants to put himself through that again.

His criticism should have been directed(atleast now,being alpha beta

at the time) at BIS. Arma 3 isnt ready,playable mush less adding DayZ to mess the game is at the moment.

I'm not understanding why people cannot grasp the concept of no matter what engine the mod is on, it is still a mod and will always be limited by the engine no matter how you slice it. The mod will always be buggy and somewhat broken because of these limitations. Whereas with the SA the engine can be tailored, rewritten and things added due to having access to the engine itself.

Yeah, ArmA3 has some good stuff in it's engine but no matter what, that engine cannot be touched just by modding and that limitation in itself is why the mod will never be as good as the Standalone. You can say what you will but this is a simple understanding that a lot of people just seem to glaze over and really don't grasp or they just refuse this fact.

A mod is a mod, the ability to tailor an engine is a another kettle of fish.

What I love, is how people can judge the content of the standalone, when it hasn't even been released yet. Nobody, not even the development team itself knows exactly 100% what is actually going too be in the game. We could/will potentially see all of what you mentioned and much more. What gets on my nerves, is when people jump the gun, and judge things before they even know what they are.

hello there

It is very odd how people react to a release.

There does seem to be a large amount of folk who misconstrue and uber analyse every press release and then rail against a company that they "lied" about one feature or another.

Take the A3 release. It wasnt what I personally was expecting. am I dissapoint? A little, but thats down to me. I assumed that stuff which was never advertised to be ingame and it wasnt.

Are the dev's to blame? No. Could they have done more? possibly who knows? Its easy as an end user to say "hey a mod has done this why not you?" and from layman's point of view it is so.

But in reality there are so many factors we are not privy to which alter in reality and cold hard business what the final result is. 

Initially I was quite critical of many decisions made but now find myself defending the devs from this unwarranted level of abuse and angst from old and new folk to the scene.

I can completely understand why some devs give no info out, which in an ideal world would be seen as poor communication, but the the amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth by "joe average", if i ever made my own game, would put me off giving any info or demos at all.

Im really personally disappointed with the reception A3 gets as well as the DAYZ mod, regardless of their FREE hard work, and probably will be astounded by the negativity that the SA will inevitably yet incorrectly will get.

Im all for constructive criticism, I've spoken against many things with the "gods" here and am honestly surprised and yet pleased that they've let me stay on, probably because they are reasonable intelligent folk who are probably more level headed than myself, but the level of antagonism towards all the RV games Im seeing surprises even me.

The Dayz Mod isnt perfect, A3 isnt perfect and the SA when it's alpha released most likely will not be perfect.

Im not a blind fanboi of either BiS or Dean etc  (except Matt, I love him)  and I dont think anyone should be. But if one is going to complain, at least do it in a cogent intelligent constructive way.

The devs of A3, the Mod and the SA must have very thick skin. I applaud them.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

hello there

It is very odd how people react to a release.

There does seem to be a large amount of folk who misconstrue and uber analyse every press release and then rail against a company that they "lied" about one feature or another.

Take the A3 release. It wasnt what I personally was expecting. am I dissapoint? A little, but thats down to me. I assumed that stuff which was never advertised to be ingame and it wasnt.

Are the dev's to blame? No. Could they have done more? possibly who knows? Its easy as an end user to say "hey a mod has done this why not you?" and from layman's point of view it is so.

But in reality there are so many factors we are not privy to which alter in reality and cold hard business what the final result is. 

Initially I was quite critical of many decisions made but now find myself defending the devs from this unwarranted level of abuse and angst from old and new folk to the scene.

I can completely understand why some devs give no info out, which in an ideal world would be seen as poor communication, but the the amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth by "joe average", if i ever made my own game, would put me off giving any info or demos at all.

Im really personally disappointed with the reception A3 gets as well as the DAYZ mod, regardless of their FREE hard work, and probably will be astounded by the negativity that the SA will inevitably yet incorrectly will get.

Im all for constructive criticism, I've spoken against many things with the "gods" here and am honestly surprised and yet pleased that they've let me stay on, probably because they are reasonable intelligent folk who are probably more level headed than myself, but the level of antagonism towards all the RV games Im seeing surprises even me.

The Dayz Mod isnt perfect, A3 isnt perfect and the SA when it's alpha released most likely will not be perfect.

Im not a blind fanboi of either BiS or Dean etc  (except Matt, I love him)  and I dont think anyone should be. But if one is going to complain, at least do it in a cogent intelligent constructive way.

Rgds

LoK

Amen. Not only do they devote their time and effort into it, but they have to deal with constant assaults by selfish assholes. Of course some of us are upset (to a certain extent) that it isn't out yet, I'm part of that group myself. But there is a line drawn between maturity and selfish childish actions. The mature gamers get over it and the cynical bastards whine on.

I think I was a little annoyed at the promised release date being missed for about, oh... a day, maybe two. Then I got over it, continued my quest in the mod, and realized that with this postponing of the SA, that more content would be perfected/fixed come actual release. Some people are to selfish/impatient to grasp that concept.

• Like 2

Rgds

LoK

well the only cogent intelligent constructive answer I can give is.

Rocket take lessons from the Arma 3 release,Iv done with buying expensive poop,unless the SA is cheap poop,but even then

well the only cogent intelligent constructive answer I can give is.

Rocket take lessons from the Arma 3 release,Iv done with buying expensive poop,unless the SA is cheap poop,but even then

:emptycan:

Well Arma 3 is fucked anyway right now...

If you've been playing since alpha, the current state is golden. The game has some bugs but they've done a lot of great work fixing things. The workshop is amazing. The mission editor can be learned in twenty minutes. I made a mission for myself in thirty seconds that I played for two hours. The simple fact is, most DayZ players, are not good at Arma. Truth be told the Arma community is ready for the standalone to come out, just to get the kiddies off of the servers. 

• Like 1

So this is just my opinion on what makes DAYZ so great and why the standalone will leave us feeling empty, and why more time should be spend getting DAYZ over on the Arma 3 engine.

1. Real guns. This I think this is one of the top attraction of the game for me. I love calling a Glock G17 a Glock G17 an1d not a watered down pistol to save some polygons. I love looking at the textures of my gun and feel like a am running around with a real gun in my hand. With the standalone they are trying to make guns look simple so they are better for online play and don’t kill the servers with data. This to me will take a big hit out from the standard DAYZ we know and love. In Arma 3 the guns are just amazing, and I personally haven’t played a game with such realistic guns in it. The sound the guns produce are simply breath taking.

2. Survival. I love taking one or two friends and we just survive with our hatchet, matches, skinning knife, water bottle with empty can to cook the water. I think some people enjoy the rush of the kill (pvp) and others love surviving with the bare minimum. They should have added some predatory animals like lions which you have to stalk in order to kill. Maybe even have tracking skills, so you can follow tracks of people and animals. Anyway imagine having to hunt certain animals to make gun straps, amo packs and backpacks?

3. Realism. Another major hit with the Arma engine is that everything is realistic. I don’t give a shit about the shoes that I wear and that this will impact my health if I decided to run bare feet. In Africa there are tribes called “Boesmans” that live of the Kalahari Desert and they only run bare feet. Your feet adapts and goes hard eventually after running with no shoes. Stop putting in shit that will spoil the game. Maybe add army boots that will make less noise and running shoes that boost your running speed. This way when you in attack mode (PVP) you wear your amry boots, and when you running across vast lands you wear your running shoes. In fact just drop the shoe thing its silly.

4. Loot. First of all what is so cool about running around with a Motorbike helmet? Rather give me an hat, balaclava, or army helmet so I can be slightly protected from headshots, cold and the sun. And maybe add some spray or marking system so you can recognise your friends or clan members. No I don’t want a radio in the game and I think it’s a silly idea. Who will even listen to the piece of shit as it will only give away your position.

5. Roles. The major hit of the game is that everyone starts of the same. You’re a nothing until you can find some gear. Other games forces you to select a role whereas Dayz putts you as close to being human as possible. Reward players with gear if they do select a role which they prefer playing. Some people might prefer being bandits and should get clothing unlocks for this. Some might prefer being a Dr and they should get their own clothing unlocked for this. Others might prefer the survival aspect of the game and should maybe get Ranger outfits. Imagine we get marines, Dr’s, special forces, rangers, looters and spy’s.

Anyway my rant is this. I think once the standalone gets released, it will die a slow death and people who are working on Arma 3 Dayz (Zoombies) will benefit more from people coming back, lacking the taste Arma 2 Dayz left in their mouths for years to come.

DayZ is a zombie survival game. The guns are looted, not bought new, so the gun shouldn't look THAT nice. With the fact that you can't change the ARMA 3 fundamentals(The actions and all that, Dean Hall might add Vomiting and Pooping.   :| ) Anyway, The Standalone fundamentals can be changed anytime(e.g. delete prone and crouch, delete this gun). Yep that's it.

DayZ is a zombie survival game. The guns are looted, not bought new, so the gun shouldn't look THAT nice. With the fact that you can't change the ARMA 3 fundamentals(The actions and all that, Dean Hall might add Vomiting and Pooping.   :| ) Anyway, The Standalone fundamentals can be changed anytime(e.g. delete prone and crouch, delete this gun). Yep that's it.

Please do not resurrect an old topic.