WBK

What guns would you like to see in SA?

I would fucking love having a .22 in DayZ. It would be a one shot if you did a headshot at close range, but on longer range it wouldn't do shit to players.

A Ruger 10/22 has been confirmed for the SA launch.

HaloReachEnergySword.jpg

During the Covenant war Spartan troopers probably dropped a lot of these off. Wouldn't mind slicing through a bandit's head with this thing

Edited by Plexico
  • Like 1

I'd like a spud gun, just so I can practice my shooting without wasting ammo or making too much noise.

But I'd need an alternative source of ammo that doesn't waste food.

For me, this game is about realism and survival. Getting any gun should feel like a massive achievement, and even then, 99% of all spawns should be Lee Enfield, Winchester, shotgun, basic handguns etc. This would really help with the rampant PKing, and make combat far more strategic. I'm not saying that there should be no military hardware, just that it should be ridiculously hard to find.

There are so many other games out there for gun pervs, this really shouldn't be one of them.

I'd want the weapon spawns to make sense, so for different areas there should be different weapon spawns. In civilian areas you could find a rare SMG or WW2 bolt action rifle (And very rarely, with a scope on it) that could be from a WW2 veteran of the war or something.

Like a mosin-nagant with a very rare chance of finding a PU scope readily attached to it, or a PPSH-41. Kar98k would also be able to find, a bit rarer but some players might prefer it. It would be shorter and have different sights.

Common rifles would be stuff like the Ruger 10/22 that they confirmed and showed the model for. Other hunting rifles like the CZ550 could be included, and would be hard to aim unless you would find a scope for them.

Shotguns should be very common compared to other guns. I would love to have lots of fights where you would see pellets flying, or people cooperating to try to take down a guy with a rifle, while they are using slugs. This would also force people to get up close and personal to kill someone they spotted.

For military loot, they should only add weapons used by the Chernarussian Defence Force in military loot spawns like military camps and barracks. These include AK74, AKS-74u, PKM, SVD and RPK (Although the SVD rarely with a scope). They could hide inside forests these "Chedaki" camps (The chedaki or CHKDz are terrorists in ArmA 2's story, and it would be nice to see them make another appearance) that would spawn stolen weapons, like slightly worn out AKMs, AK47s, very worn down PKMs, RPKs and SVDs.

For western weapons, they should only be found inside helicopter crashes and small militiary camps (They could fit into the story as foreign help that didn't work). You could have a german camp at the Skalka area, which would spawn G36 variants, and an American camp at Pobeda dam + a British camp near devil's castle that could spawn AR-15 variants, L85 and L86 etc. and then last maybe a Finnish camp at Utes  that spawns RK65/RK95s, which I would love to see in the game.

Of course, military weapons would be very rare to find since the military personnel probably packed up almost everything they had and left when they got overrun. They became either survivors in Chernarus, or fled back to either Takistan/Russia or other parts of Chernarus other than South Zagoria (Which is the part DayZ is based in) This would balance the game and still have a storyline that makes sense.

Edited by dollon
  • Like 3

Either a Vz.58 or a AR-15. An AR-15 would be like the CZ, mostly farm/supermarket loot. the Eastern European version of this would be the Saiga, which would be even better(rifle. not the shotgun you little nooblets :P)

I'd want the weapon spawns to make sense, so for different areas there should be different weapon spawns. In civilian areas you could find a rare SMG or WW2 bolt action rifle (And very rarely, with a scope on it) that could be from a WW2 veteran of the war or something.

Like a mosin-nagant with a very rare chance of finding a PU scope readily attached to it, or a PPSH-41. Kar98k would also be able to find, a bit rarer but some players might prefer it. It would be shorter and have different sights.

Common rifles would be stuff like the Ruger 10/22 that they confirmed and showed the model for. Other hunting rifles like the CZ550 could be included, and would be hard to aim unless you would find a scope for them.

Shotguns should be very common compared to other guns. I would love to have lots of fights where you would see pellets flying, or people cooperating to try to take down a guy with a rifle, while they are using slugs. This would also force people to get up close and personal to kill someone they spotted.

For military loot, they should only add weapons used by the Chernarussian Defence Force in military loot spawns like military camps and barracks. These include AK74, AKS-74u, PKM, SVD and RPK (Although the SVD rarely with a scope). They could hide inside forests these "Chedaki" camps (The chedaki or CHKDz are terrorists in ArmA 2's story, and it would be nice to see them make another appearance) that would spawn stolen weapons, like slightly worn out AKMs, AK47s, very worn down PKMs, RPKs and SVDs.

For western weapons, they should only be found inside helicopter crashes and small militiary camps (They could fit into the story as foreign help that didn't work). You could have a german camp at the Skalka area, which would spawn G36 variants, and an American camp at Pobeda dam + a British camp near devil's castle that could spawn AR-15 variants, L85 and L86 etc. and then last maybe a Finnish camp at Utes  that spawns RK65/RK95s, which I would love to see in the game.

Of course, military weapons would be very rare to find since the military personnel probably packed up almost everything they had and left when they got overrun. They became either survivors in Chernarus, or fled back to either Takistan/Russia or other parts of Chernarus other than South Zagoria (Which is the part DayZ is based in) This would balance the game and still have a storyline that makes sense.

I like that you too appreaciate the armaverse and wish to keep DayZ in the armaverse.

• Mosin Nagant
  • KSK
  • Luger (not russian, but a cool addition)
  • any sort of .22 caliber rifles
  • Flare Guns
  • More pistol calibers (.357, .380, .44, .40)
  • Craftable Molotovs
  • Craft-able melee weapons (Knife + broomstick + Duct Tape = Makeshift spear, Rock + Stick + Rope = Club, Broken Bottle = short range cutting weapon... stuff like that)
  • Many more things that are to cool to come to mind.

All of these things follow the teams goal of shying away from military loot, all while giving a variety of items to throw into the games new customization system.

M59/66

I actually would kind of be surprised if that doesn't make it in at some point. We could really in depths and start putting in variants of rifles. Like the Mosin M44 along with the 91/30. I know Lee has different models as does Mauser.

sten gun like british commando is use in ww2 :thumbsup:

for me is something too much cool about hold magazine on the side and shoot full auto B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MtRguQqRFI

I would imagine a legitimate Sten would be as rare and expensive as a fully automatic WWII Thompson. And I've seen one of those at a gun show for $20,000.
  • Like 1

• Mosin Nagant
  • KSK
  • Luger (not russian, but a cool addition)
  • any sort of .22 caliber rifles
  • Flare Guns
  • More pistol calibers (.357, .380, .44, .40)
  • Craftable Molotovs
  • Craft-able melee weapons (Knife + broomstick + Duct Tape = Makeshift spear, Rock + Stick + Rope = Club, Broken Bottle = short range cutting weapon... stuff like that)
  • Many more things that are to cool to come to mind.

All of these things follow the teams goal of shying away from military loot, all while giving a variety of items to throw into the games new customization system.

Totally agree about more pistol calibers. Pistols should be a bit more common than some other stuff. But finding enough ammo because it is all different could be really interesting. Also what about if you picked up a 1911 or something and found it is missing the clip and had to manually load a bullet into the chamber like in the movies?!  Stuff like that to screw the player!

I also think though that players should start with a basic melee weapon with limited durability, this should be random:

* snooker cue (or broomstick), long range, breaks easily, can be used for fire wood when fully broken

*wooden baseball bat, upgradeable with nails or wire, can be used for fire wood when fully broken

*old kitchen knife, short range cutting weapon, can be used to gut animals though it yields less meat, breaks eventually

*metal baseball bat, lasts a good while, not upgradeable 

This means that the crowbar (which could be used to break into things), axe and machete could be considered upgrades which you would be happy to find.

In terms of guns, any rifles, shotguns or handguns are welcome. Perhaps it would make people running around with assault rifles and just deathmatching less common or certainly riskier. 

• Like 2

Totally agree about more pistol calibers. Pistols should be a bit more common than some other stuff. But finding enough ammo because it is all different could be really interesting. Also what about if you picked up a 1911 or something and found it is missing the clip and had to manually load a bullet into the chamber like in the movies?!  Stuff like that to screw the player!

I also think though that players should start with a basic melee weapon with limited durability, this should be random:

* snooker cue (or broomstick), long range, breaks easily, can be used for fire wood when fully broken

*wooden baseball bat, upgradeable with nails or wire, can be used for fire wood when fully broken

*old kitchen knife, short range cutting weapon, can be used to gut animals though it yields less meat, breaks eventually

*metal baseball bat, lasts a good while, not upgradeable 

This means that the crowbar (which could be used to break into things), axe and machete could be considered upgrades which you would be happy to find.

In terms of guns, any rifles, shotguns or handguns are welcome. Perhaps it would make people running around with assault rifles and just deathmatching less common or certainly riskier. 

1000x this

• Like 1

How the SKS isn't in a gamed "based" in a Russian influenced country already is beyond my ability to reckon.  :)

There's literally a zillion of those things.

How the SKS isn't in a gamed "based" in a Russian influenced country already is beyond my ability to reckon.  :)

There's literally a zillion of those things.

Actually, the country is primarily influenced by the Czech republic. They domestically produce their own weapons. All of which are badass.

Break into a single army arms locker at even a small barracks and presto.. you've got 40 assault rifles right there. Not saying they should be around every corner but they certainly wouldn't be as rare as some bear-grylls fanboys here are trying to make them out to be.

Good thing rocket knows that and has allready shown us a sweet customizable M4.

Actually, the country is primarily influenced by the Czech republic. They domestically produce their own weapons. All of which are badass.

I understand that, I guess what I meant was Eastern(ish) European.  The SKS was built/sold all over the Czech Republic area, including some direct neighbors.  Just saying there should be some laying around.  :)

Edited by Soupee