r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

So waits for 200 new topics to open up. :-)

Whether for the good or the bad, a flood of topics means a great deal of interest. You can never make everybody happy, but progress on the mod is a good thing regardless. It is good that so many players take the time to come onto the forums. Even if they only joined to complain, hopefully over time they will come to understand how this whole thing works and become more valuable testers over time.

Maybe I am too optimistic...

Job well done sir.

• Like 2

Now the big question was it made too easy with the extra checks we have added for the attack system :-(

Perhaps. But as rocket stated in his E3 interview: sometimes you need to cut a few corners for the sake of gameplay. Hard is good, but not at the price of functionality and immersion.

So its been a few hours still no hate mail wtf :-(

• Like 9

The server is running fine, only this error on the RPT:

14:58:10 Error in expression <layerObj getVariable["combattimeout",0] - time;

diag_log format["Player UID#%1 C>

14:58:10 Error position: <- time;

diag_log format["Player UID#%1 C>

14:58:10 Error Generic error in expression

14:58:10 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_onPlayerDisconnect.sqf, line 21

Ok then Razor: this update sucks ! Please get back my AS 50 WTF !!!! LOL

;)

Edited by Ameo

This isn't hate mail, just my thoughts on the hotfix based on a few hours of play.

In terms of the zeds, it functioned fine... immersion was fine with 1.7.7. It wasn't perfect, but it's never going to be perfect. People may have had a point about infection, the clunky knockdowns and getting hit from a good distance away (I thought this last was a problem as well), but in terms of getting aggro'd the zeds were actually a threat. With the hotfix, out in the open in the middle of Cherno, I killed 10 zeds in a couple of minutes with only a Lee Enfield and 2 clips (with 2 bullets left over - mostly looking down the sights during the aggro) without having to run for cover and lived to tell the tale with very little blood loss and no infection. That was wave 1... perhaps, I was lucky. But, then I then killed 6 more in the same spot using the last of my Enfield rounds and my M1911. I only ran for cover when I was out of ammo. I was able to walk upright most of the time and not draw aggro in Cherno - a PvP wet dream. My thought is, it's too easy. Now people may say: you wouldn't be able to be out in the open and do that on a high pop server... but that's not the point. Yes, players are a threat, I don't think we've ever had a problem with the players not being a threat... the zeds, however, have gone back to being a mild nuisance... fairly easily dispatched and only occasionally giving you a wollop that's harder than a shiatsu massage. You can now waltz into markets and houses looking for loot with very little threat. And, if you do draw aggro, you can easily outrun it and lose it.

The upside is, that they don't seem to hit you from far away anymore and they don't give you an infection as often - though, you definitely still have a chance of getting it. I love the new knockdown animation... I wish it happened more often and I hope that sometime we'll get a cool knockdown animation for those using a pistol. It will also be interesting to see how the new zed spawning mechanic works with PvP. When you're on your own, you walk into a town and it seems empty... but that's because zeds are spawning inside buildings. It takes a bit of time for them to come outside - if they ever do.

My two cents. :)

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 1

I have a really big problem with this, I get stuck on waiting for server to start authentication every time I join a server or get sent back to the lobby

Only happens on th newly updated servers

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

ARGHHH!!! RAZOR! What the heck have you done to my precious!! >:(

* [FIXED] - Shadow LODs on soda cans.

j/k :rolleyes:

So its been a few hours still no hate mail wtf :-(

A question thou, is the G36C-SD an allowed weapon now that spawns or is it hacked?

I've gotten reports both saying that it does spawn at crashsites, and that it's seen in the logs. And I also hear that it's not in the game.

I personally have no issues with the gameplay but the regulars on our server are complaining there's no loot & the total lack of anti-biotics (before this patch)??? What was the reasoning behind reducing the amounts??? Has this issue been addressed with this patch?

It's fine to make this game harder by increasing the damage the zeds do, increasing infection and all the other stuff...But at the same time removing all weapons and loot is retarded!! It's impossible to even get a side arm without getting down to about 2k blood now...will be staying away until something is done because this is stupid!! Anyways rant over!!

Possible bug - Seen zeds running through the walls pretty regularly, which I've never seen on any of the other patches

Edited by Timmymachine109

Now the big question was it made too easy with the extra checks we have added for the attack system :-(

I certainly don't think so

bugs =/= hard

you fixed a large bug. It is now working AS INTENDED. It shouldn't be hard because its glitched to crap

• Like 2

The new dll files are giving me a bit of trouble.

When adding DatabaseMySql.dll and DatabasePostgre.dll it searches for the table "object_data". I don't use this table, instead I use another table. What is the object_data table supposed to store? How can I fix this?

My Tables:

building

cust_loadout

cust_loadout_profile

instance

instance_building

instance_deployable

instance_vehicle

log_code

log_entry

migration_schema_log

migration_schema_version

survivor

vehicle

v_deployable

v_player

v_vehicle

world

world_vehicle

Edited by Beck

Tents are being wiped by the cleanup script.

I am unsure as to a resolution for this, could someone point me in the direction of a fix?

DELETE
FROM Object_DATA
USING Object_DATA, character_data
WHERE Object_DATA.Classname = 'TentStorage' OR Object_DATA.Classname = 'StashSmall' OR Object_DATA.Classname = 'StashMedium'
AND Object_DATA.CharacterID = character_data.CharacterID
AND character_data.Alive = 0
AND DATE(character_data.last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 4 DAY;

DELETE
FROM Object_DATA
WHERE Classname = 'TentStorage' OR Classname = 'StashSmall' OR Classname = 'StashMedium'
AND DATE(last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 7 DAY
AND Inventory = '[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]';

DELETE
FROM Object_DATA
WHERE Classname = 'TentStorage' OR Classname = 'StashSmall' OR Classname = 'StashMedium'
AND Inventory = '[]';

Oh and thank you for the update, much apreciated!

The servers are running smooth for now, just need to resolve this.

Edited by KaMikaZeDaN

That looks like it only deletes after 7 days have passed without anyone visiting the tent.

Are you experiencing something different?

If that were T-SQL then it's missing parenthesis around the "OR" sections like this

DELETE
FROM Object_DATA
USING Object_DATA, character_data
WHERE (Object_DATA.Classname = 'TentStorage' OR Object_DATA.Classname = 'StashSmall' OR Object_DATA.Classname = 'StashMedium')
AND Object_DATA.CharacterID = character_data.CharacterID
AND character_data.Alive = 0
AND DATE(character_data.last_updated) < CURDATE() - INTERVAL 4 DAY;

DELETE
FROM Object_DATA
WHERE (Classname = 'TentStorage' OR Classname = 'StashSmall' OR Classname = 'StashMedium')
AND Inventory = '[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]';

DELETE
FROM Object_DATA
WHERE (Classname = 'TentStorage' OR Classname = 'StashSmall' OR Classname = 'StashMedium')
AND Inventory = '[]';

Without the Parenthesis then the DATE & Inventory filters only apply to the last "OR" which was "Classname = 'StashMedium'".

Edited by SpudmanWP

It deletes every tent in the database without fail.

Pissed a fair amount of people off :P

I can't say 100% it is this SQL code doing the deleting, but something updated with 1.7.7.1 is doing it.

Luckily I made a backup before patching, but I can't restore the tents without resolving the issue.

Edited by KaMikaZeDaN

Run a test...

1. Restore the backup

2. Put the Parenthesis into the script where I indicated

3. Try it out

Yeah I'm already doing it.

I've gone for a longer method, separated them all into their own queries.

Restarting the servers in 10 minutes, will return results.

I've also updated the Datestamp & last_updated rows to the SYSDATE to rule out any time issues.

Edited by KaMikaZeDaN

There seems to be at least one bug

- I got unconscious several times but didn't fall over, the character just stood there, until the timers was gone. Then I run a bit and fall down.

- Another bug which happened to me with 1.7.7 was that the infection was cured by resting in a tent, until I logged out. After I logged back in, the infection was back. (happened on a private hive two times)

Edited by Ken Bean

What about the tent placement? Is it still so strict, that the tent setting is pointless?

I believe the issue with tents despawning has been resolved.

None of the tents in the object_data were deleted when I made changes to pCleanup.

I separated the StashSmall & Mediums into their own queries.

Edited by KaMikaZeDaN

I finally got into a server, the infection is still at a good rate but I was able to stand in the street for a good few minutes killing zombies as they seem to do little more damage than the 1.7.6 patch

Before this hotfix i was having issues with zombies refusing to leave buildings. Was this included in the fix?