r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

there's a divide by 0 error for the infection and the angle of attack is messed up as well as the attack range. The animations show us one distance the testers tell us another and you guys another. We cant get any common ground, So the current set of its broke videos are helping more then you know.

Man just revert back to 1.7.7 and increse the antibiotics spawn rate a bit and everyone wil be happy, is that so difficult to do?

Use them don't use them its your choice. Move away from anywhere you cant place and report it.

So if I understand you correctly, I should report every coordinate where I cannot place a tent?!?

Damn so much hate in this thread :(

Give the bloke a chance and get off his back, Nobody gets wages for this, be grateful or play something else until it works perfectly :)

• Like 1

Close to buildings i don't need to know. Close to ponds i don't need to know. But other places image and grid ref would be nice.

Man just revert back to 1.7.7 and increse the antibiotics spawn rate a bit and everyone wil be happy, is that so difficult to do?

Not that simple .7 had issues with distance checks zeds can hit 20 + meters away

I think you should ramp infection rates back up a bit and make antibiotics a bit more common and add them to all residential loot tables with a relatively low drop rate, it's really not uncommon for people to have ABs in their home.

• Like 5

Close to buildings i don't need to know. Close to ponds i don't need to know. But other places image and grid ref would be nice.

I don't have picture here but it's impossible to pitch tent close to tree trunk for example. That's why we can't hide tent properly in a group of trees.

Thanks

Edited by DJ_Teschmi
  • Like 2

I think you should ramp infection rates back up a bit and make antibiotics a bit more common and add them to all residential loot tables with a relatively low drop rate, it's really not uncommon for people to have ABs in their home.

Yea antis spawns haven't changed. Infection did change but as mentioned its broke

I don't have picture here but it's impossible to pitch tent close to tree trunk for example. That's why we can't hide tent properly in a group of trees.

Thanks

That was the idea to stop them being put in dumb locations. You can get them close to trees just no longer in them.

Any idea when the female skins will be fixed and working properly?

Hi all

Strange i'm also getting this, since the hot fix.

EXeSm6s.png

I've tryed both the downloads from this thread and the ones from dayz commander still same error.

any fix for this.

love the new patch though

I have been having the same problem , getting on the my favorite sever

Please help.

Edited by Major bed head

Any idea when the female skins will be fixed and working properly?

Whats wrong with it

Yea antis spawns haven't changed. Infection did change but as mentioned its broke

That was the idea to stop them being put in dumb locations. You can get them close to trees just no longer in them.

Ok good to know, but we really need any branch of the tree touches the tent. We have to change our way to hide tents.

Roadblocks and trash still fail to spawn quickly enough for me and my group. This is dangerous for us because they randomly "pop" into the world and can result in car wrecks and wasted time and effort / parts.

R4Z0R49, have you considered having the server stream the junk on server start rather than the player? This worked just fine during my testing--only a slight delay on server start for everything to appear. Once it all appears, it is there for good. This eliminates the problem above completely, while giving the player a performance boost (at a cost to the server--but, the server has the headroom to easily add it).

I'm looking forward to 1.7.7.1.1 :)

My questions is: are tents working now?

On the last update the tents stopped storing items and just reverted back to their pre-patch state even if I drove over them. I could take all items (or put new ones) out and the exact same gear would be on the tents.

Is this fixed? The changelog isn't clear on this.

Thank you!

Well i'm lost just now i don't have 100 new posts every time i hit refresh wtf is going on. So what to do with my free time .... hum .... oh yea idle zeds :-)

I'd say go out and buy you and the other devs some beer or icecream.... think you deserved it... ;)

• Like 1

I just updated my server and It crashes as soon as I try to enter the game from lobby

This is what I get in game

EXeSm6s.png

From the server:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 6/18/2013 9:42:28 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DC01.home.local
Description:
Faulting application name: arma2oaserver_1.exe, version: 1.62.102.591, time stamp: 0x512e189f
Faulting module name: HiveExt.dll, version: 0.9.6.14, time stamp: 0x50f1ba4b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0005afa9
Faulting process id: 0x1c08
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce6c4290652266
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayzcc_config\1\arma2oaserver_1.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayzcc\HiveExt.dll
Report Id: 0f3f1c2f-d836-11e2-aa01-0026b939dfca
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-06-18T16:42:28.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>397626</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DC01.home.local</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>arma2oaserver_1.exe</Data>
<Data>1.62.102.591</Data>
<Data>512e189f</Data>
<Data>HiveExt.dll</Data>
<Data>0.9.6.14</Data>
<Data>50f1ba4b</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0005afa9</Data>
<Data>1c08</Data>
<Data>01ce6c4290652266</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayzcc_config\1\arma2oaserver_1.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayzcc\HiveExt.dll</Data>
<Data>0f3f1c2f-d836-11e2-aa01-0026b939dfca</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

anyone else see this yet?

Saw that yesterday. Client running on Steam, so I just verified the local content and rebooted steam. Running fine now.

Possible bug report:

Zeds' anim looks not right, also it's hard to aim with

Edited by ash_chan

there's a divide by 0 error for the infection and the angle of attack is messed up as well as the attack range. The animations show us one distance the testers tell us another and you guys another. We cant get any common ground, So the current set of its broke videos are helping more then you know.

Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

Not that simple .7 had issues with distance checks zeds can hit 20 + meters away

Never had this issue in 1.7.7, must be ppl having problems with lag or desync, i never experienced zeds hitting me from that distance.

**** Something I mentioned long long ago after playing wasteland was the camouflage netting that we could use to hide things under. Why hasn't something like this been brought into dayz so we can use it to hide a vehicle under or a tent under inside the tree line. It worked great in wasteland for hiding certain things and would be awesome to have that or some kind of a vehicle tarp/cover to hide your stuff. Espically since those white cars stick out like a sore thumb :( *****

I liked the zombie damage and infection rate so hopefully that will get bumped back up to what it was so zombie still stay a real threat. However in doing that, antibotics should become a little more spawn worthy. Few nights ago, a group of 4 of us looted 3 hospitals, 2 medical tent stashes and then went back through the hospitals and only found 1 anti in that 6 hour session. It the first 14 hours of looting between days I never found more than 2 total.

Zombies and infection should be tough but also need a reliable way of getting ride of the disease... either upping the ANTI spawn OR fixing tents "rest" to actually be usuable in any tent you come across no matter whose it is. I am glad we cannot spam the "rest" but tents are nearly worthless right now... You cannot rest in someone's tent unless its yours, and if you happen to die you cannot sleep in the tent you placed on your last life. The only way to do it is by carrying a tent in your backpack and keeping it with you (Takes up 3 spots I believe)

Also this 15 minute spawn rule is slightly crazy... can or will this be reduced to something less time consuming? 5-7 mins sounds like a good time.... but waiting around a Heli Crash site for 15 minutes just to see what spawns feels like a huge waste of time after I just spend 45 minutes traveling there and dangerous none the less. I don't like just being able to sprint in grab loot and go... but I also don't like having to find a tree close enough to hide in, go afk for 15 mins while I wait for something to appear. Needs a good balance and 5 mins sounds fair.

***** Something I think would be awesome to add would be bike crafting ***** being able to take 2 tires, hull, engine and fuel parts and creating a peddle bike (not a car or anything fancy) just a peddle bike :D

• Like 2

Nothing would be more cool than using one of those Camo netting things to place in the forest and then putting your tent underneath it to help cover from behind spotted from above. Making them like a "lean to" would be even more badass... angling them in a certain direction so that blocked from the sky and ground walkers then putting your tent/vehicle underneath.

Also would get people away from trying to glitch their tents into trees or glitching their car into the tree the best they can... although effective its lame lol

Edited by erocean

Few nights ago, a group of 4 of us looted 3 hospitals, 2 medical tent stashes and then went back through the hospitals and only found 1 anti in that 6 hour session. It the first 14 hours of looting between days I never found more than 2 total.

Zombies and infection should be tough but also need a reliable way of getting ride of the disease... either upping the ANTI spawn OR fixing tents "rest" to actually be usuable in any tent you come across no matter whose it is.

I think they set the chance to find antibiotics to 0.01 almost everywhere (including hospitals, med spawns in general, etc). To get healed by resting in a tent also should now be at 0.01. However, they decreased the infection rate.

Edit

Giving tents a chance of 1 percent each 5 minutes to cure infections indeed is close to pointless. Can't imagine that one really counts with that.

How about setting the antibiotics spawn chance to 0.03?

Edited by Ken Bean

Nothing would be more cool than using one of those Camo netting things to place in the forest and then putting your tent underneath it to help cover from behind spotted from above. Making them like a "lean to" would be even more badass... angling them in a certain direction so that blocked from the sky and ground walkers then putting your tent/vehicle underneath.

Also would get people away from trying to glitch their tents into trees or glitching their car into the tree the best they can... although effective its lame lol

You can already use that in certain DayZ mods though.

I think they set the chance to find antibiotics to 0.01 almost everywhere (including hospitals, med spawns in general, ets). To get healed by resting in a tent also should now be at 0.01. However, they decreased the infection rate.

Edit

Giving tents a chance of 1 percent each 5 minutes to cure infections indeed is close to pointless. Can't imagine that one really counts with that.

I would rather see the infection rate higher and the tents more reliable than decreasing infection rate... that is just my opinion though.

You can already use that in certain DayZ mods though.

Really, can you tell me which ones because I play in all vinalla servers so NONE of them I have ever seen have this ability of course unless you happen to find one of them then you can park under it but they are normally inside large cities so pointless. Moving them would be EPIC!

Edited by erocean