r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

IMO the idle zeds are good, since you have to think before rushing into buildings. Reminds me of Walking Dead and makes the game even harder. And you can always throw trash to attract them away..?

• Like 1

This is my favorite feature with the new patch. I think it should be like this.

I don't really care for the non-random wandering, personally. I think it was a neat concept but I think just like LoS it should have a much lower chance of occurring than it does right now. I'm looking at the code and while I could be misunderstanding it, it seems to be a 100% chance. I don't really care for this, as I think for the sake of gameplay we should try and move towards encouraging stealthy playstyles, rather than discouraging them. That's just my opinion, though, and this is just a fairly minor nuisance, but it really does bother me regardless.

Edit: Also, why are zeds so easy to lose again? I don't see all that much difference in the LoS code. Really underwhelming.

Edited by Zetal
  • Like 3

Well, what have you done with the zeds again? Again you can lose them easy running through the small bush. They are like in 1.7.6.1 again... :(

Edited by latz
  • Like 1

* [uPDATED] - RoadBlocks/Trash should now spawn quicker based on the current speed of the player.

What does that mean, arent road blocks on fixed positions?

Also i noticed zombies spawn in wierd places now, when i get close to a town they start falling off roofs?

Edited by marko4231

What about fixing the tent placement? :)

There is nothing wrong with tent placement.

1.7.7.1 Does not have the G36_C_SD_camo in any spawn table.

So it was on 1.7.7? But got removed in 1.7.7.1?

17:05:31 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at 'Crashed UH-1Y - [5538.69,10416.5,0]' with loot table '["G36_C_SD_eotech","magazine",0.05]'"

That's the log from someone who said that his server spawned it in, at 1.7.7.

Well time to give it a go! I hope the loot is mostly as it was...nice work razor and co, tirelessy working despite the constant drone of negativity and loose hatred

• Like 2

So, the carebears have won again then? I really wished you'd have stuck to your guns this time Razor instead of caving in to all the crying.

Video evidence in this link that the Zeds are back to being an annoyance and nothing more.

http://www.twitch.tv/thec1aw/c/2446924

So, the carebears have won again then? I really wished you'd have stuck to your guns this time Razor instead of caving in to all the crying.

Video evidence in this link that the Zeds are back to being an annoyance and nothing more.

Wow looks terrible, but it's just one video...time will tell, more time should have been given for 1.7.7

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

There is nothing wrong with tent placement.

I am literally more than 40m away from any water, area is flat and open enough:

arma2oa-2013-06-16-16-49.jpg

When I try to setup a tent here, I get the following message:

I already posted this, but I was ignored (except you said that the placement is too strict). And this is just one example. So you want us to stop using the tents (because hiding them is impossible now) and start using stashes where you can hide almost no gear?

You should have left the tent placement as it was.

Edited by VidKo
  • Like 2

So I found a bug that I think I have seen before. I was wielding a Lee Enfield + 3 mags and I wanted to pick up a Hatchet onto my primary weapons slot. I did it but then my Lee Enfield and its magazines disappeared, not to be found on the ground or anything. This is really irritating... :P

Really great patch though!

Edited by Vitdom

Hi all

Strange i'm also getting this, since the hot fix.

EXeSm6s.png

I've tryed both the downloads from this thread and the ones from dayz commander still same error.

any fix for this.

love the new patch though

• Like 1

Now the big question was it made too easy with the extra checks we have added for the attack system :-(

Yes it super easy now, why the hell do you always listen to carebears? Are you making with them? It sure does everytime you make the game more difficult and people cry you always tend to them...

Can you place a stash there?

Don't have the necessary items to craft one :(

Will try later in the evening

Yes it super easy now, why the hell do you always listen to carebears? Are you making with them? It sure does everytime you make the game more difficult and people cry you always tend to them...

We don't if you bother to read there's an error in 7.1. Take a look in your logs as zeds attack

As posted aboue its a bug

I am literally more than 40m away from any water, area is flat and open enough:

When I try to setup a tent here, I get the following message:

I already posted this, but I was ignored (except you said that the placement is too strict). And this is just one example. So you want us to stop using the tents (because hiding them is impossible now) and start using stashes where you can hide almost no gear?

You should have left the tent placement as it was.

Use them don't use them its your choice. Move away from anywhere you cant place and report it.

As posted aboue its a bug

so the devs are working on .7.2 for a fix? :)

if so than woohoo ! :)

Edited by quattro_ger

Razor I looked into the dayz_logo_ca.paa error.

Its seems to be missing from the dayz_code\gui folder - in 1.7.7.1

I fix the problem by re-adding it to the dayz code on the server files.

but still the error in the client side. downloaded file 1.5 hrs ago from both this thread and dayz commander.

Edited by Faz

We don't if you bother to read there's an error in 7.1. Take a look in your logs as zeds attack

What is the bug, they arent making any damage?

What is the bug, they arent making any damage?

there's a divide by 0 error for the infection and the angle of attack is messed up as well as the attack range. The animations show us one distance the testers tell us another and you guys another. We cant get any common ground, So the current set of its broke videos are helping more then you know.

• Like 2