r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

Considering how private hives dominate the Dayz experience, could it be possible, perhaps, to unban some weapons? Also, vehicles like the MTVR and the Golf and add the ability back to spawn ammo crates?

If not, how about adding more variety in vehicles and some different airplanes?

Too many changes and the banning of things that added to the fun factor is bit of a downer.

I would just like to add , I think deer stands spawn weapons far too often just now , with m24s and m14s being quite common .

Considering how private hives dominate the Dayz experience, could it be possible, perhaps, to unban some weapons? Also, vehicles like the MTVR and the Golf and add the ability back to spawn ammo crates?

If not, how about adding more variety in vehicles and some different airplanes?

Too many changes and the banning of things that added to the fun factor is bit of a downer.

You shouldn't be having fun , you should be crying for your mum curled up in the fetal position in a cold dark corner .

• Like 2

Some problems I've noted in the latest hotfix:

-Unable to take backpacks out of toilets.

-Toilet doors lethal.

-Zombies are extremely glitchy in buildings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brYpG1XhaLI

-Player character can get stuck for a couple of seconds after being knocked down by a zombie and getting back up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqP9VSpYzgM

-Player characters can apparently dupe themselves somehow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWzi6QDVAA

1st vid, We know about this it has been fixed.

2nd vid, We also know about this its a bug but dont hit c to get up after being knocked down.

3rd vid, This is an on disconnect error. We have info on how to fix in the forums for server admins.

• Like 1

I'm curious how you would define the difficulty status too, you'll probably end up with half the servers not adding it to the server name anyway so it will just be luck of the draw what difficulty you join.

I'm curious how you would define the difficulty status too, you'll probably end up with half the servers not adding it to the server name anyway so it will just be luck of the draw what difficulty you join.

This is something we are looking at now and will more then likely be the deciding factor if the system stays or goes.

, I would much rather have the harder difficulty option even if it means players can play on an easier difficulty server, then come to my server with their easy-server gear. Generally speaking, hardcore players won't do this anyway IMHO since they want a difficult experience to begin with.

Also most people who would do this are bad shots and bad players and you can just take their fancy gear.

It's not that easy :-( unless we can find a way to limit the system to only private servers we wont be able to keep :-( We cant have different levels on the public hive.

Server owners can edit most of those variables now on the current patch if they put clientside variables.sqf in their mission file effectively "changing difficulty" so what's the difference?

Edited by seaweed

For the identification of the difficulty of the server, it can be included in the server name with "LVL:1" (easy), "LVL:2" (medium), or "LVL:3" (hard). Example: |3DP:OFF| |CH:OFF| |NP:OFF| |LVL:3|

For the identification of the difficulty of the server, it can be included in the server name with "LVL:1" (easy), "LVL:2" (medium), or "LVL:3" (hard). Example: |3DP:OFF| |CH:OFF| |NP:OFF| |LVL:3|

Identifying it in the name only makes it easier for people to swap servers because of difficulty settings to gear up. Not that I think this is an issue because the majority of the player base are on private hives any way and this is what the dayzmod team should be supporting primarily.

Edited by seaweed

I was referring to server naming on public servers only. Private servers are on their own as far as naming, difficulty, or any other setting.

I think focusing on private hives would be an exercise in frustration as bug reporting would be almost useless since most have modified code all over the place. And the servers that say they don't--well how does anyone really know?

Edited by joikd

I was referring to server naming on public servers only. Private servers are on their own as far as naming, difficulty, or any other setting.

I think focusing on private hives would be an exercise in frustration as bug reporting would be almost useless since most have modified code all over the place. And the servers that say they don't--well how does anyone really know?

Just because its a public hive that doesn't mean the code hasn't been modified, it's just more likely that it hasn't been.

Edited by seaweed

Maybe so. But, I would bet that the percentage of public servers with modified code is a tiny percentage compared to private servers.

But, hey, if R4Z0R49 & co. are willing to use private servers as their base for making decisions during an alpha--good luck with that.

Clink Clank..... Yes here's my 2 cents!

First of all thank you for putting the Z Back in DayZ.... The game is called DayZ not DayEZ.... For everyone crying about tougher zeds Really? Have you forgotten what it was like when you first played the game and were trying to learn? Most of us veterans have become immune to the Zeds. We practically ignored them! Threw cans at them for the fun of it! Not much of a Zombie aspect for a Zombie Game? And I do like the infection rates being part of the game..In the first six months of playing Dayz I can't remember ever getting infected? We ALL Ignored antibiotics as just trash loot.. Now their a must in the game as it should be! Now that being said it is a little discerning when we do get infected and hit up EVERY Hospital on the board and find ZERO Antibiotics... If your gonna make me sick cool..but give me an option for healing myself and not condemning me to die and re-spawning for my only cure! Make the Zeds even tougher.... Make the Hospital a veritable fortress of Zeds! But give me my reward if by skill or ingenuity I overcome the challenge and get in to two of more hospitals....

Second thought... I love the aspect of a tougher game... DayZ isn't strictly a PvP Game though it seems some people want to make it that! Why not play Call of Duty or some other shooter if that's all you want? PvP is an option in DayZ and should always remain an option. But an Option, not a necessity! But i do fear for the new player in the current stage of the games development! To the veteran player the challenge is accepted and actually pretty easy to overcome from my experience with the new patch! But I can't imagine being a new player to Dayz or Arma and just beginning, not understanding the interface or the aspects of the game. Heck it took me two days just to learn how to eat and i didn't realize that the gear menu wasn't my pack for the first week! Now I see much greater difficulties for new players to integrate into the game successfully! And I fear that they will become more frustrated and just quit instead of joining us in this adventure!

Some thought may be given to making an area of easing access into the game! One suggestion which veterans will dislike but my accommodate new players is all players spawn on Skalisty Island. By making the island a place of minimum spawns just food, tools and melee weapons. A few Zeds as well. It would give new players a place to become accommodated to the game and the interface and learn the basics of DayZ before being plunged into the world of super Zeds and Bandits! Yes you would have to have more boat spawns on the island, as well as the threat of bandits bringing high powered weapons to harass the Bambi's... But most experienced Bandits would understand the dangers of banditing on an island without ease of an escape rout! With veteran's Spawning their as well who are experienced in tactics and game play who could hatchet them to death taking their gear. When I'm a new spawn and have nothing to lose, attacking a well armed bandit is quiet inviting even with a hatchet! The risk reward is highly in my favor!

This is but a suggestion, With the great minds that post on these forums i'm sure that their are better options!

The main point of this post is that we want to invite new players to join us! A sever alone is a very boring place to play! What do you have when you have conquered the entire world but are left alone? The learning curve between Bambi's and Veterans in this game from my experience is extreme! If we as Veterans wish to continue enjoying this game, then we must realize that we must leave an avenue open for others to join us! In that manner can we all enjoy hours of entertainment and the evolution of online gaming!

Peace!

Sleepy!

• Like 2

Loot issues are being resolved as with all new systems it takes a little time to get new code correct (Does perfect exist in coding).

http://www.twitch.tv/r4z0r49 < you can always watch twitter see how the progress is going.

• Like 2

Loot issues are being resolved as with all new systems it takes a little time to get new code correct (Does perfect exist in coding).

http://www.twitch.tv/r4z0r49 < you can always watch twitter see how the progress is going.

Cheers, didn't know you were on Twitch, nice one!

3rd vid, This is an on disconnect error. We have info on how to fix in the forums for server admins.

Its not only on disconnect. You can 100% reliable do this as many times you want if you know how. its very easy to do. If you need info how (I bet you must already know) I will tell you on PM.

Just pm me it over but i think i know the one.

Agro still seems messed up, I am getting zombies from far away agroing, I am getting zombies unable to hear me on the other side of the wall agroing. Enfield and other firearms noise agro is just stupid now, it needs to be reduced

Agro still seems messed up, I am getting zombies from far away agroing, I am getting zombies unable to hear me on the other side of the wall agroing. Enfield and other firearms noise agro is just stupid now, it needs to be reduced

Guns are loud, man. That's the one thing that really shouldn't be reduced.

Is that a new inventory UI I see? :D

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo :-)

• Like 1

Nah, we need a live streaming cam. Somebody has gotta make sure you guys aren't slacking! :)

Is this recent but I noticed zeds not respawning much and sometimes not at all in towns or such. I remember sometimes being swarmed by a lot of zeds and run out of ammo and now I don't see them that much.

Clink Clank..... Yes here's my 2 cents!

First of all thank you for putting the Z Back in DayZ.... The game is called DayZ not DayEZ.... For everyone crying about tougher zeds Really? Have you forgotten what it was like when you first played the game and were trying to learn? Most of us veterans have become immune to the Zeds. We practically ignored them! Threw cans at them for the fun of it! Not much of a Zombie aspect for a Zombie Game? And I do like the infection rates being part of the game..In the first six months of playing Dayz I can't remember ever getting infected? We ALL Ignored antibiotics as just trash loot.. Now their a must in the game as it should be! Now that being said it is a little discerning when we do get infected and hit up EVERY Hospital on the board and find ZERO Antibiotics... If your gonna make me sick cool..but give me an option for healing myself and not condemning me to die and re-spawning for my only cure! Make the Zeds even tougher.... Make the Hospital a veritable fortress of Zeds! But give me my reward if by skill or ingenuity I overcome the challenge and get in to two of more hospitals....

Second thought... I love the aspect of a tougher game... DayZ isn't strictly a PvP Game though it seems some people want to make it that! Why not play Call of Duty or some other shooter if that's all you want? PvP is an option in DayZ and should always remain an option. But an Option, not a necessity! But i do fear for the new player in the current stage of the games development! To the veteran player the challenge is accepted and actually pretty easy to overcome from my experience with the new patch! But I can't imagine being a new player to Dayz or Arma and just beginning, not understanding the interface or the aspects of the game. Heck it took me two days just to learn how to eat and i didn't realize that the gear menu wasn't my pack for the first week! Now I see much greater difficulties for new players to integrate into the game successfully! And I fear that they will become more frustrated and just quit instead of joining us in this adventure!

Some thought may be given to making an area of easing access into the game! One suggestion which veterans will dislike but my accommodate new players is all players spawn on Skalisty Island. By making the island a place of minimum spawns just food, tools and melee weapons. A few Zeds as well. It would give new players a place to become accommodated to the game and the interface and learn the basics of DayZ before being plunged into the world of super Zeds and Bandits! Yes you would have to have more boat spawns on the island, as well as the threat of bandits bringing high powered weapons to harass the Bambi's... But most experienced Bandits would understand the dangers of banditing on an island without ease of an escape rout! With veteran's Spawning their as well who are experienced in tactics and game play who could hatchet them to death taking their gear. When I'm a new spawn and have nothing to lose, attacking a well armed bandit is quiet inviting even with a hatchet! The risk reward is highly in my favor!

This is but a suggestion, With the great minds that post on these forums i'm sure that their are better options!

The main point of this post is that we want to invite new players to join us! A sever alone is a very boring place to play! What do you have when you have conquered the entire world but are left alone? The learning curve between Bambi's and Veterans in this game from my experience is extreme! If we as Veterans wish to continue enjoying this game, then we must realize that we must leave an avenue open for others to join us! In that manner can we all enjoy hours of entertainment and the evolution of online gaming!

Peace!

Sleepy!

I agree with you to a certain extent, especially about the reward bit. Zeds shouldn't be tougher though since they are still just human beings, albeit infected ones. In numbers should lie their danger. Try taking on 3 or 4 ppl who do not hesitate at all and blindly attack you. No matter who you are, you're probably fucked. Same should go for the zeds if they catch you.

Right now the difficulty is cheaply done by just making the hospitals, army barracks etc. gathering places for empty cans. They are densely populated areas, should therefore have more ppl that became infected, and therefore harder too reach. But like Sleepy said, they should reward you if you manage to get in. (And then there is still getting out alive after that.) Just because ppl turned into zombies doesn't mean guns and medicine just all went up into thin air.

• Like 1

I love how much tougher zombies are now.. But why is my guy made of paper? A zombie breaths on me and I start bleeding. Keep the toughness but at least make it so one hit everytime won't make you bleed everytime, especially straight after I bandage and you start bleeding again.

Not sure if it's the update or the server were on, but med's are seem to be non-exsistent aswell. No bandages, bleed when being looked at by zombies, and the bleed not 10 seconds after you just bandaged.

Apart from that, I'm actually very happy with how DayZ right now. Please don't take my post as ranting/complaining, just some feedback.. I appreciate having blood being pumped around my body. ;)