r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

I don't get any FPS issues, the only real issue I'm trying to figure out now is why the hummer, MH6J, and AN2 is spawning in debug

we are looking into this issue.

yeah, spawn seems messed up :/ all the vehicles that are supposed to randomly spawn, spawn in debug. and the SUV doesn't spawn at all on my server.

The only thing i cared about was zeds knocking me over ever hit. so now i'm going to say this like a gentleman.

THANK YOU ALLOT.

when i get infected i cant able to find antibiotics even in the hospitals. people just waiting to die when they get infected if you increase the loot nobody complains about infection

Cant get a simple answer.. guessed it.

I upgraded my machine to a FX 8350 and a HD 7950 from a Phenom II 955 X4 and a HD 6870 .. And the funny thing is that i get actually worse fps then i got before, from 32 in cherno to 23 .. This whole engine is a mess. Im just waiting for standalone. If its the same i just say goodbye to day z

Try to use beta patch 103419

Anyone experiencing poor framerate should make sure they are on the recommended 103718 arma2 beta patch, as the latest ones have been shown to cause problems.

I had piss poor FPS on that patch, and got better FPS on 103419.

Strange.

Hi.

i'm not sure whr i should post this, but i will do it here.

i'm disapointed with the latest updates...it's kinda silly how the new nerfed spawns are atm, you barely find stuff, especialy food and medical suplys, so it makes less interesting go to the north, to try find loot, and you usualy die when you try to go to this places, in servers that have 15+ ppl online, so the new loot makes it that you wont have resources are anything to try get there again to loot your stuff or try to get loot again, so why should i go top if i wont find anything ?

Now everything takes more time to get, which makes it kinda boring.

The new infection system is kinda lameish, i prefer the old braking bones, and i think the old braking bones and unconscious system was better, was at least more funny. :)

the infection system also makes that ppl wont go to the north because, they will get infected while they trying to get loot, and since now the loot is so rare...they wont cure themselves and probly just die.

i been playing this new patch, 1.7.7.1 since it was out, and i haven't find elektro hospital with loot rofl and i usualy just stay in elektro server hoping for loot and try get some kills, cuz back when i started, it was actualy good to stay in this places, cuz the geared players would come to the citys with good guns to loot the hospitals to get medical suplys and stuff, so it was good for the ppl that just had like an akm or aks with just some mags to actualy fight them for theyr loot, now i haven't seen any geared player in the south.

Also i remember the antibiotics being very rare.

1 time was playing with some friends, and 1 got sick, and we couldn't find antibiotics, and we agreed to actualy kill him, cuz we read in the internet that ppl near the sick person would have a chance to get sick,we didn't know if this was true or not, but we did not want to take risks, it was a funny situation :D now you just get infected 24/7 and that takes out the surprise element of being sick and try to come up with a solution.

Another thing is, those zombies suck, the zombies in this game REALLY sucks LOL

should be trying to fix the zombies like making them not go between walls and shit, instead of trying to balance the game by removing guns or vehicles...

oh 1 question why every server has a side-chat now?

really sry about the post. it's so long,and not so good at english :) rofl

but yeah i'm a dayz addicted, but i'm not realy liking the way dayz mod is going D:

• Like 1

Good point on the sidechat. I really don't need kids raging that you shot them. Or constantly spamming the box with "who's in cherno?" "anybody friendly?" "Who is in such and so car? lift???"

Just pollutes the bottom left of my screen with baby-blue ranting :P

i usualy just stay in elektro server hoping for loot and try get some kills, cuz back when i started, it was actualy good to stay in this places, cuz the geared players would come to the citys with good guns to loot the hospitals to get medical suplys and stuff, so it was good for the ppl that just had like an akm or aks with just some mags to actualy fight them for theyr loot, now i haven't seen any geared player in the south.

Hmmm, this may sound rude but I'm glad you're having a hard time with the new changes. Server hopping for loot in Electro isn't really the playstyle I think the devs are trying to encourage or DayZ in general is any better for.

Have you tried Arma 2 or even the new Arma 3? They're awesome games and pvp is very much a priority within them. Action all the way, I highly recommend it for people finding the mod too slow.

Just my thoughts

Edit - That wasn't sarcasm btw, it's an honest suggestion. I recently introduced a friend to Arma 3, he's been playing DayZ for a while and loves the pvp elements but finds the scavenging for loot a "chore" and death "too frustrating". DayZ is quite a slow game and takes patience and time, Arma is much more action packed.

Edited by Fraggle

Any thoughts on rolling back to before 1.7.7 and give the Devs time to sort all this out. Seemed like it was alot less broken then. There were more players, the Zeds were like "Walking Dead" zombies (Not super smart but, deadly), loot was more available encouraging exploration of the whole map, vehicles were therebut had to be at least fixed, we all seemed to enjoy it. Now, Zeds phase through walls, have super hearing, long LOS, hit like a tank, no loot anymore, no vehicles anymore, and everyone is bitching. Just a thought.

• Like 3

Hmmm, this may sound rude but I'm glad you're having a hard time with the new changes. Server hopping for loot in Electro isn't really the playstyle I think the devs are trying to encourage or DayZ in general is any better for.

Have you tried Arma 2 or even the new Arma 3? They're awesome games and pvp is very much a priority within them. Action all the way, I highly recommend it for people finding the mod too slow.

Just my thoughts

By making loots too rare, makes server hoping a safer and less time consumption method, for ppl that can only play 1-2hrs a day, then walking a for 1-2hrs and find nothing.

i agree with devs server hoping is not good, but atm they are kinda forcing it.

Also forgot to say that i wouldn't server hope in elektro before, cuz i wouldn't need, i could find the stuff there, and wait for oportunities to found better loot.

I've played arma2, but it is good game and everything, but it does not have the dayz feeling :)

i dont recall a mode like dayz that you die and you lose your char, and you have to find weps and food to survive, if they have plz tell me :o

Edited by Renatinha1

Keep in mind DayZ is more then two towns.

Is there any other feedback outside of zeds and loot?

Keep in mind DayZ is more then two towns.

This is just a line of suggestions to make the mod even better that I thought would be great :)

• Fix an issue with the journal as a page depicting your humanity is currently shown quickly then fades to a blank page.
  • Make temperature more of a factor: Cold makes you more hungry since your body uses energy to stay warm. Hot makes you more dehydrated.
  • Certain food/drink items won't completely quench hunger/thirst like how eating canned beans doesn't restore your blood completely.
  • Possibility of fixing FPS issues based on large towns/buildings.
  • Recombining ammunition sometimes disappears out of inventory.
  • Another FPS related issue is also known from the latest ARMA 2 patch, not too sure.
  • (I know this is outside of Zombies but this is really good) Make more sounds for zombies such as eating a player while unconcious.
  • Make trash loot a bit more useful for distracting zombies albeit their difficulty.
  • Study Body function needs to be a bit more specific.

Hopefully all is not too much to ask out of a mod :)

Edited by TIC321

Journal will be fully replaced once the new ui is in place so not worried about that for now,

Temp is being looked into once we get this mess with zeds fixed << notice i said zeds not loot.

FPS will always drop in towns due to many different factors.

Recombining of ammo has already been looked at.

Adding sounds means we need to have ppl create sounds and submit them.

Trash loot is very useful depending what you have tried.

Study body will be looked at soon.

Thanks

• Like 3

Journal will be fully replaced once the new ui is in place so not worried about that for now,

Temp is being looked into once we get this mess with zeds fixed << notice i said zeds not loot.

FPS will always drop in towns due to many different factors.

Recombining of ammo has already been looked at.

Adding sounds means we need to have ppl create sounds and submit them.

Trash loot is very useful depending what you have tried.

Study body will be looked at soon.

Thanks

All that clarifies everything. Thanks Razor :)

there seems to be a problem with saving of backpack contents:

putting a backpack with some gear in it into a vehicles gear works fine. if this backpack is removed from the vehicle later all the contents of the backpack are still in the backpack.

but it looks like the contents of the backpack are not saved to the database when the backpack is put into a vehicle. if a server restart happens while the backpack (with gear in it) is in a vehicle, the backpack contents are not restored.

thus, when the backpack is removed from the vehicle after the restart, the backpack is empty.

opened also an issue on github ...

there seems to be a problem with saving of backpack contents:

putting a backpack with some gear in it into a vehicles gear works fine. if this backpack is removed from the vehicle later all the contents of the backpack are still in the backpack.

but it looks like the contents of the backpack are not saved to the database when the backpack is put into a vehicle. if a server restart happens while the backpack (with gear in it) is in a vehicle, the backpack contents are not restored.

thus, when the backpack is removed from the vehicle after the restart, the backpack is empty.

opened also an issue on github ...

This is an arma 2 issues, Nothing we can do about this the guys will explain more in the issue.

Loosen up the tent placement restrictions cause they are extreme/ridiculous

• Like 1

Loosen up the tent placement restrictions cause they are extreme/ridiculous

Not sure how many more times this will be spammed it wont change for now.

I remember that in the 1.7.7 patch notes was mentioned larger numbers on the compass, but now i cant see that listed? Is that removed or what?

I remember that in the 1.7.7 patch notes was mentioned larger numbers on the compass, but now i cant see that listed? Is that removed or what?

Ill ask the dev who added this. I can see an error as the game starts up. I think this is why your not seeing it.

• Like 1

Thank you R4ZOR for all your, and the Dev's hard work on this

It is much appreciated

Is there a way to identify what zeds are "viral"? The only way i can tell so far is if i have to shoot it like 5 times with a stanag round to kill it.

They look more decayed as others. Aim for the head ;)

Edited by VidKo