r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

That's not a bug, you just don't know how stashes work. The medium stash has 1 slot for a gun or survival tool and 25 misc. loot slots.

Ok thanks for the info. It makes sense that I can toss a cabinet full of canned goods in a sack but I can't toss in a box of matches.

Yeah what is LOS? No mention of this acroynum.

LOS = Line Of Sight .... 8-)

Ok thanks for the info. It makes sense that I can toss a cabinet full of canned goods in a sack but I can't toss in a box of matches.

OMG a video game isn't literally real life.

DayZ aims to be as authentic as possible. He makes a good point, albeit a very sarcastic one.

• Like 1

No but the more silly things like not being able to put a map or box of matches in a giant hole in the ground take away from the games integrity.

• Like 1

Currently the plan is to have no side chat in the standalone. I think radios will work as a kind of global chat function once you find one in-game.

Why isn't just an option being built in so people can mute it? Taking it away just needlessly screws over the people who like it, while it could just be disabled on a player/server basis.

Why isn't just an option being built in so people can mute it? Taking it away just needlessly screws over the people who like it, while it could just be disabled on a player/server basis.

Imo people who like it need to be screwed over for them to really enjoy the game. They just don't know any better. ;)

No but the more silly things like not being able to put a map or box of matches in a giant hole in the ground take away from the games integrity.

Its a limit within the engine all tool items are classed as weapon class's.

Yeah I getcha, maybe in the stand alone there can be more "classes" of items.

Imo people who like it need to be screwed over for them to really enjoy the game. They just don't know any better. ;)

Well , at the moment there are next to no servers with out sidechat , so who is the one getting screwed over ?

Edited by Jars

The main thing I use side chat for is to warn and look out for hackers

You can't do anything when a server gets nuked without it and it will take forever for an admin to notice god mode if not warned

For the standalone it shouldn't be there but we will have better hacking protection by then

I just ignore it most of the time and only look for hacker reports

Because it isn't an intended feature of DayZ. Side chat was removed a long, long time ago but it's impossible to stop private hive server owners from turning it back on again.

What's the issue with sneaking ?

Hearing is a radius around the player.

Sight is direct LOS from the zeds body direction.

I'm having no problems with sneaking.

Go walk or even crouch-run on a road, sand or anything that's not grass. How can you not have problems with sneaking?

I'm not 100% sure on this but i'm pretty sure they will be official run servers only so no server side files to start with. Don't quote me on this as i say i'm not 100%

I am quoting you just now :)

Pls allow people who dont see the game the way you do to have private servers and modify it the way they see fit.

You might realy narrow down your player base if you stick with only your version. My opinion afcourse.

So in SA that will work difrently, will a box of matches or a bandage take less space than a DMR clip or a roll of wire fence?

Edited by marko4231

Go walk or even crouch-run on a road, sand or anything that's not grass. How can you not have problems with sneaking?

Different surface noise levels for each, means that Z's will hear you more distinctly on gravel or concrete exterior than on grass.

This is my understanding of how it works.

Correct me if I'm incorrect (R4ZOR) !

• Like 1

I am quoting you just now :)

Pls allow people who dont see the game the way you do to have private servers and modify it the way they see fit.

You might realy narrow down your player base if you stick with only your version. My opinion afcourse.

So in SA that will work difrently, will a box of matches or a bandage take less space than a DMR clip or a roll of wire fence?

There's gonna be one version of dayz and that's rocket's version. For all the 1000+ vehicle, military hardware starting kit PvP pewpewpew loving fellows out there we have battlefield 4 coming up.

You're correct.

Any chance of decreasing the general sound sensitivity that Zombies have at the moment, and maybe increasing their eyesight while making them lose players they've already found less often?

Due to the way that sound detection works, it's very random and takes control of the game away from the player. This kind of mechanic is fine in small amounts, but I feel that by implementing this suggestion, you could keep Zombies as dangerous as they are now while also giving players more control over their character and gameworld. This encourages a stealthy kind of playstyle and a caution that I think might be a good idea to pursue.

Zetal

Edited by Zetal
  • Like 1

Any chance of decreasing the general sound sensitivity that Zombies have at the moment, and maybe increasing their eyesight while making them lose players they've already found less often?

Due to the way that sound detection works, it's very random and takes control of the game away from the player. This kind of mechanic is fine in small amounts, but I feel that by implementing this suggestion, you could keep Zombies as dangerous as they are now while also giving players more control over their character and gameworld. This encourages a stealthy kind of playstyle and a caution that I think might be a good idea to pursue.

Zetal

I agree. I think this would feel more authentic, although I don't really have a problem with the way aggro works at the minute.

I'd like to see at least one more building we can enter?

Would make exploring the map much more interesting for us oldies...

Is this hard to do? :)

I'd like to see at least one more building we can enter?

Would make exploring the map much more interesting for us oldies...

Is this hard to do? :)

Huh?

Different surface noise levels for each, means that Z's will hear you more distinctly on gravel or concrete exterior than on grass.

This is my understanding of how it works.

Correct me if I'm incorrect (R4ZOR) !

Do you both think I'm an idiot? I know that and what I'm saying is that the surface noise levels are too damn high. Is it so hard to understand?

Oh yeah and since you guys have the powers, you can warn me, ban me whatever you want to do. And don't listen to me at all.

Edited by Sutinen

Zetal

Sorry whats random about it ? i'm a little lost on what you be leave is random about surface sounds ?