r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

Not sure how many more times we need to say its broke give the conspiracy crap a rest. We didn't listen to anyone the infection rate was changed based more on a balanced system we all agreed on(Devs) while we wait to get the new system in place and the new checks to stop 20 meter attacks where added. Both these fix's caused the issues we have now.

Zeds wont attack when you get close the delay between the moveto then attack is too great your out of range before the zeds can run the animation. So you can run between zeds.

Infection rate has a divide by 0 error causing the infection system to fail under some statements. So this becomes hit and miss depending on whats around you

Combine both issues and you have .7.1 Zeds hit like Tanks if you stand still but when the player is moving they do nothing.

There is really no point arguing about it. .7 was missing checks .7.1 fixed the checks but made the zeds easy to avoid and deal with. This stuff happens when you redesign code its part of the development.

7.2 should have zeds hitting like tanks and be able to pummel the player while he/she is moving.

Thank you for explaining this. It's really a relief to hear and it sounds as though the zombies will be at a really good point once you guys get things working for the next release. The hard work is appreciated!

• Like 5

Not ore broken you say, zombies not doing damage at all in 1.7.7.1? why dont you go play wasteland? It has no zeds!

Better than zombies hitting you from 20m away and never losing sight of you.

And seriously, can you be any more ignorant?

"Zombies are broken, but I don't care because I only think one-sided! R4Z0R tries to fix the broken patch? O, he's listening to the whhiners? Oh, people see the problems of the patch? They hate DayZ, go play Wasteland! QQQQQQQQ!"

^^^This is you. Its getting annoying. Get a clue.

• Like 1

The female skin cannot be selected on several servers as of 1.7.7 on respawn~

I need more info. I know some custom servers have it disabled so they get to have different startup gear.

Whats the ETA on 1.7.7.2 hotfix? Will you be so fast like you were with 1.7.7.1? Or we will stick with this broken patch for months?

When its done.

• Like 13

"Color saturation starts to fade out at blood level 9000"

Oh sweet. I suggested that on the forums about two weeks ago.

• Like 1

A quick bug report and fix for server hosts:

The battleeye filter "remoteexec" needs changing in line 250. "5 bis_" needs to be changed to "1 bis_".

This resolves the server kicking you for crashing a helicopter (remoteexec restriction #202)

Any news on why tents don't save and why you can't place them anymore?

We've got an issue with your deployable on our server. When place the tent and putting some item in it, its correctly saved in the database but, after the first restart of the server, the deployable will always spawn with the same item as the first save.

E.g : I place a tent with inside a Painkiller and a bandade. After the first restart its save, I still have my tent, so I decide to put in a M16A2 inside too. So here comes the 2nd restart, and after the restart, I only got the Painkiller and the bandade inside my tent.

And It always respawn inside it, even if we drive over it with a car or we empty it..

Its duplicate bug, and its a very serious issue, because a lot of player are actually abuse of this system.

What can we do to fix it ?

Any news on why tents don't save and why you can't place them anymore?

Tents save fine there is an issue where tents cant be placed in some locations. This will be fixed we need as much info as you can provide about the locations you having issues placing tents at

Save issues are down to 3rd party hive's from the info we have been given so far.

• Like 1

Has aggro range for zombies been altered at all from 1.7.7 to 1.7.7.1? If so, how? I'm curious.

I've been having trouble sneaking past zombies, and though I'm almost obsessively cautious around them they still see or hear me. It's becoming rather frustrating to have zombies rush from every corner of the city while I crawl across an empty street as if I had just shot a Lee Enfield.

Hey, just got back to DayZ!

Just a quick question,

Are you guys going to make the AI calculation server wise like in standalone ?

Edited by wasabi867

Has aggro range for zombies been altered at all from 1.7.7 to 1.7.7.1? If so, how? I'm curious.

I've been having trouble sneaking past zombies, and though I'm almost obsessively cautious around them they still see or hear me. It's becoming rather frustrating to have zombies rush from every corner of the city while I crawl across an empty street as if I had just shot a Lee Enfield.

Agreed. I hope for 1.7.7.2 they make it harder to be initially detected, but easier for zombies to track you after you've been spotted. This would place more control into the players hands and make the game more realistic in the process.

The above of course does not take precedent over fixing the bug where zombies deal no damage.

• Like 1

Three times now I've been moving past a town, at least 50 meters out, in the dark, producing 1 bar of noise and no sight, and suddenly have 2-4 zombies aggro on me from the middle of said town. All of them have been viral zombies.

I've also had issues where a zed(s) will stop making any noise at all. No movement noises, no zed noises, etc, even as they're chasing, moving, and attacking. Very, very aggravating, because I've been infected by stealth zeds 15+ times in the last two days.

Anyone else having issues with completely silent zeds?

Edited by Type Set

Hello! The 1.7.7 is pretty cool, i like it!

Exept for a problem: I personally had a lot of annoying time (wasted) to try to cure my character from infection after a fight against some zombie:

Starting from the point that i moved to north with my mate and we both got infected after some fights, we're still surviving eating cooked meat and searching a cure in the cities, but up in north of the map there are no hospital...

I think that antibiotics should be more common in civilian locations, expecially in the North, because infection is very aggressive and easy to get...

After 6 hours spent to hunt to get meat, searching medicines, while going back to south to find hospital, i found only 2 antibiotics, one for me and one for my mate... then, going again to the north, we got infected again in a fight

It cause a lot of problem, as cough, costant loss of blood, wasting time to search in every city this too rare antibiotics, and as long i haven't a car it's pretty impossible to loot every city quickly, but i have no time to search a car, because i'm to busy to get blood by hunting, searching antibiotics and fight...

The whole situation is even worse than zombies and bandits, and is really difficult to defeat as long as you're travelling by foot in middle of map searching for loot.

I propose a slower blood loss or more antibiotics spawn. please

Vision doesn't return to normal.

I was close to death through blood loss and infection.

I was saved by a guy who blood bagged me and then gave me antibiotics.

While my vision colour returned to normal, my vision was still blurred and not pin sharp. I had to log off the server and rejoin to get my vision back to normal

Edited by Guyver1

I personally don't mind the higher infection rate, because it makes me avoid getting hit by the zed. And just don't go north without antibiotics, just like you wouldn't go without morphine, would you..? And if they cannot be found at the first hospital, there's still 3 more to go + lots of medical tents. Just deal with it until the devs fix the confirmed issue(s), that's what we did when food didn't spawn at all about a year ago.(?)

iQDdhkh.gif

when I am playing it sometimes kick by BE "battleye script restriction #183" so how to fix this ?

Edited by YuFaN

I'm playing this patch now for maybe 2 hours.

One Zed ran up to me and hit me uncounscious for a couple of seconds. Gotta love that one hit knockouts...

Woke up. Zed's gone. Not complaining about the latter but it's still weird.

Catching Zed aggro seems weird too. I mean weirder than it already was. Can't remember anytime it could be called sensible, plausible or even "realistic".

Picked up a machete. Ate my Winchester. Awesome!

Can't put it in my toolbelt. Even more awesome.

Because it just pissed me off once again:

Switching weapons with that stupid mousewheel menu thingy just sucks!

Can't really say I had much fun with that version of DayZ.

Also the baseball bat seems a bit bugged. I found one, but it was out of "hack". Then I picked up a crowbar, that replaced the bat in the primary weapon slot, but the player model still had the baseball bat in its hands. And now I had 99999 "hacks" available. When I dropped the crowbar, I lost the "hacks" again and still had the bat in my primary weapon slot.

This is a server side problem. Posts in this thread indicate this is caused by failing to be an admin that knows what he's doing and thus not downloading the new mission file. Contact your admin and tell him to read up on how to properly patch his server to 1.7.7.1 manually.

Great....would someone tell the Greenwookie server Admins

The crowbar goes into the primary weapon slot over the top of whatever you are already carrying, which reappears when the crowbar is removed.

It has had that behaviour for ages and if the hatchet could be modified to do the same it would be great.

The crowbar goes into the primary weapon slot over the top of whatever you are already carrying, which reappears when the crowbar is removed.

It has had that behaviour for ages and if the hatchet could be modified to do the same it would be great.

In my recent experience th the crowbar does more damage than the hatchet.

In my recent experience th the crowbar does more damage than the hatchet.

The melee weapons vs zombies are all equal to me: Normal Zombies die in 1 hit. The virulent Zombies need three hits.

I don't use them versus players, so I can't comment on that.