r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

I just updated my server and It crashes as soon as I try to enter the game from lobby

This is what I get in game

EXeSm6s.png

From the server:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 6/18/2013 9:42:28 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DC01.home.local
Description:
Faulting application name: arma2oaserver_1.exe, version: 1.62.102.591, time stamp: 0x512e189f
Faulting module name: HiveExt.dll, version: 0.9.6.14, time stamp: 0x50f1ba4b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0005afa9
Faulting process id: 0x1c08
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce6c4290652266
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayzcc_config\1\arma2oaserver_1.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayzcc\HiveExt.dll
Report Id: 0f3f1c2f-d836-11e2-aa01-0026b939dfca
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-06-18T16:42:28.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>397626</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DC01.home.local</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>arma2oaserver_1.exe</Data>
<Data>1.62.102.591</Data>
<Data>512e189f</Data>
<Data>HiveExt.dll</Data>
<Data>0.9.6.14</Data>
<Data>50f1ba4b</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0005afa9</Data>
<Data>1c08</Data>
<Data>01ce6c4290652266</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayzcc_config\1\arma2oaserver_1.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@dayzcc\HiveExt.dll</Data>
<Data>0f3f1c2f-d836-11e2-aa01-0026b939dfca</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

anyone else see this yet?

You need to get the new mission file ... that fixed it for our server DE 635

Could you please consider increasing/fixing the loot spawns? The way it was in 1.7.6 was fine, and I don't think anyone was complaining about it, saying there was too much items, but now, there's no items to complain about. All I'm finding is empty tin cans, and lots of them. For example, in the hospital of Elektrozavodsk, all I found was 2 epi-pens. Not even medical boxes, just two epi-pens. I think this really needs to be fixed, because now all the new people are just dying because they can't find a bandage or antibiotics, and the people who hoarded the stuff in tents are surviving.

The only thing that seems to be lacking to me is the amount of food on the ground. I'm coming across plenty enough of all the other stuff. I was playing on a low populated server though.

Edited by Cadian412

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. I have yet to be infected in 1.7.7.1 yet, and I've got a ghillie + AKM, a small camp, and a bus. This is on a fresh spawn... Again, the game really isn't all that hard, and just because you have a hard time with it does not mean that there is no hope. Just improve, and you won't be doing the same thing over and over again. See?

Played yesterday and a bit today and, in game, I've been infected for almost 3 1/2 hours with incredibly low blood. The infection didn't give me low blood, the zeds did - took a bit, but they did it. When I was infected, my blood icon was empty with a skull in it... over 3 hours later, I'm still alive and I haven't had a blood bag. Infection is survivable. From full blood to death can take an hour by infection alone. I've eaten cans of beans, cooked meat and raw meat (still don't have a matchbox). So, I'm relying on the food mechanic for blood restoration. As a result, I've managed to get my blood back up enough that there's a red sliver in the icon. In addition to looking for antibiotics, I've gone about my day... looking for ammo, tent, etc... I just have to make sure I have some food... which can be a bit stressful - but that's the game. I will say this though... I'm at the point that if I see a player, I will kill them to see if they have antibiotics or a can of beans. I don't have enough blood to risk a robbery, so I have to shoot first and check their inventory later. I'm not a KoS player, but this is life or death (not the "life or death sometime in the future" mentality most bandits play with), so the situation I've found myself in has changed my gameplay. And that's what this game is all about. Suicide is boring. Having a mechanic of the game temporarily turn a hardcore survivor into a coldblooded killer... that's fun.

• Like 8

Played yesterday and a bit today and, in game, I've been infected for almost 3 1/2 hours with incredibly low blood. The infection didn't give me low blood, the zeds did - took a bit, but they did it. When I was infected, my blood icon was empty with a skull in it... over 3 hours later, I'm still alive and I haven't had a blood bag. Infection is survivable. From full blood to death can take an hour by infection alone. I've eaten cans of beans, cooked meat and raw meat (still don't have a matchbox). So, I'm relying on the food mechanic for blood restoration. As a result, I've managed to get my blood back up enough that there's a red sliver in the icon. In addition to looking for antibiotics, I've gone about my day... looking for ammo, tent, etc... I just have to make sure I have some food... which can be a bit stressful - but that's the game. I will say this though... I'm at the point that if I see a player, I will kill them to see if they have antibiotics or a can of beans. I don't have enough blood to risk a robbery, so I have to shoot first and check their inventory later. I'm not a KoS player, but this is life or death (not the "life or death sometime in the future" mentality most bandits play with), so the situation I've found myself in has changed my gameplay. And that's what this game is all about. Suicide is boring. Having a mechanic of the game temporarily turn a hardcore survivor into a coldblooded killer... that's fun.

This is for you.

http://i187.photobuc...of-approval.jpg

:D

Seriously though, you're awesome. So happy to see other players that give it their all instead of just whining and giving up.

To many pages :D

Giving blood transfusion - BE restriction #150 and kick player. Just checked twice, BE was updated as well and still get kick from server. Looks like this need fix asap !

To many pages :D

Giving blood transfusion - BE restriction #150 and kick player. Just checked twice, BE was updated as well and still get kick from server. Looks like this need fix asap !

That is down to the BE filters not the update! Contact the admins of that server.

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda

roll back to 7 patch.this one is lame already people with dmrs in electro/cherno and coast with no fear of ZOMBIES before this patch it was hard to pick off people on the coast now no problem

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. I have yet to be infected in 1.7.7.1 yet, and I've got a ghillie + AKM, a small camp, and a bus. This is on a fresh spawn... Again, the game really isn't all that hard, and just because you have a hard time with it does not mean that there is no hope. Just improve, and you won't be doing the same thing over and over again. See?

You are fucking Jesus Christ!

If what you say is true, from before and now, that you have yet to be infected, after you even TRIED to get infected, we should be worshiping you. I still call bullshit. There's no way you've not been infected. Even after trying to.

• Like 1

You are fucking Jesus Christ!

If what you say is true, from before and now, that you have yet to be infected, after you even TRIED to get infected, we should be worshiping you. I still call bullshit. There's no way you've not been infected. Even after trying to.

That was a couple days ago haha- I've gone through several lives since then and have indeed been infected a couple times - though admittedly I haven't been infected since 1.7.7.1 and I haven't tried to yet.

played abit the past few nights, noticed im getting hit passing zombies, as in it plays the sound, have been "hit" many times, but still on full blood, didnt bleed or get infected yet.

so far liking the new fix, though still struggling to find enough loot, except food and drinks

overall, im happy with the update

• Like 1

^ feel the same way

Like this setup, far better than 1.7.7

Fixing vehicles is still a pain, so i guess my days of getting a little bird up every few days are long gone....but overall good job

Personally, I'm looking forward to the next hotfix, as the game is far too easy right now. Though there's definitely no rush. I've waited this long, haven't I?

It's to hard..... It's to easy.... Meh I don't understand..... I feel sorry for you razor.

So R4Z0R should we see a SUV spawn on public servers now?

Edited by Bondue
  • Like 3

I thought DayZ was a game that didn't have "balance or structure". Me sad :(

Hi there.

Our server is having serious issues after 1.7.7.1

Script Restriction #1 SetPos. Happens when someone either fire a gun or gets hit by a zombie.

Anyone got a fix for this?

Hi there.

Our server is having serious issues after 1.7.7.1

Script Restriction #1 SetPos. Happens when someone either fire a gun or gets hit by a zombie.

Anyone got a fix for this?

Script restrictions generally mean the admin needs to update their filters, it's not actually an issue with the mod.

• Like 2

I had an issue with 1.7.7, where I could cure my infection by resting in a tent, but if I logged out, I'd be sick again upon coming back in. As a result I was sick the moment I started with 1.7.7.1, and the new 1% cure chance means I've spent several hours resting at my tent and hunting animals to stay alive, with no dice. Do tents actually cure infection or just belay it?

quote:

"It was great while it lasted...for a whole week!"

yepp, same feeling i had.

me and a buddy had some of the greatest time in this game this last week.

he stopped playing dayz some time ago and went to wasteland.

i told him that the 1.7.7 is really something different so he gave it a try.

it was great.

the server we played on got patched.

we reconnected and after 10 seconds the feeling was gone we had with 1.7.7.

the world is totally empty (due to the missing wild Zs), feels so sad to just run through the wild without taking care again.

i understand that now there are new bugs and this and that will be changed again and so on.

i understand that 1.7.7 had issues which should have been adressed as will be done with 1.7.7.1 i assume.

this is not meant a s a complain.

i just tell you how i feel.

for some players who see the dayZ experience as something different to (almost) all games they played before this it is just hard to swallow for the moment.

we saw the light with 1.7.7.

if the ammobug could be fixed (this is one gamebreaking bug!) and the safezones removed it would have been damn good to play for some time and to tweak it from there.

so i hope the dev-team will follow their ideas and vision and do not take the "critic" (which is a very nice word for some of the posts on all sides i have read in the last week) too hard cause people are emotionally involved with dayZ.

and that is something good i think.

!exxaggeration!

you gave us a cool new toy to play with and took it away after one week to break it.

@Razor et al:

you better bring our toy back or i'll go tell it Rocket

• Like 1

Seriously, people QQ all over the place about 1.7.7 but when the devs actually do something about it, people complain about it being changed

What

Edited by Powell
  • Like 2

Seriously, people QQ all over the place about 1.7.7 but when the devs actually do something about it, people complain about it being changed

What

To my mind, it's because the devs are paying too much attention to the QQing. No matter what the devs do, some people are going to bitch and moan about it, either because it changes a feature they liked, or because they just hate change.

I would like to see a little more self-belief from the dev team and a little bit more of a firm hand - stop trying to be all things to all people and create the game the way THEY see fit - there's a difference between 'listening to the community' and 'listening to the complainers'.

• Like 8

Ok I just feel like an idiot, I cannot get onto almost every server now because they are all running Version 1.62.xxxx I cannot find this version at all, And I don't know how to install this hotfix. I know its stupid but can someone please point me in the right direction? Im using windows Play withSIX.

What

uhmm?

it was not meant to be a complain.

i even said something along that line i think.

just my feelings during the last patches.

i am not a native english speaker so the wording might be wrong and gave you that impression?