SmashT

E3 Expo - June 2013 - Interviews and Gameplay

now i watched matts footage again. they def. should add

some variety in these zed blows and the consequential tripping/tumbling. the quick'n'dirty "flying 3m back on your arse" is really not to look at. How about weaker impacts for example? i'm confident they will sort things out eventually.

There is weaker impacts, you can see the character "losing balance" as he gets hit by zombie while running, looks pretty good! I'm sure the running speed and all animations will be tweaked to feel better and more realistic.

• Like 2

after getting knocked down i was sure to see "The Humping" tbh

I do think the character moves too fast. Could just be an illusion though. I'll have to wait to watch the rest of the videos.

I got the same illusion that running and jogging are pretty fast but the weaponless running animation looked perfect.

Wow, they should not release in this / a slightly more polished state

Yes, yes, alpha and such, but here's the thing - most gamers simply don't care

They'll buy the game on release, experience all the bugs, missing content and general unpolished features of this game and they'll complain, leading to a lot of negative publicity

but that is exactly what dean was talking all along, to get that special feeling back.. straight from the very beginnings of the mod. i know you don't want to hear it, but maybe you would have more fun with wasteland from now on (that's why i've chosen the quote above). The changes that were made are not surprising at all, we were pretty much prepared for it by dean (and his blatancy). They wanted to get back "to the roots" and this is more or less what we can expect (besides the fine-tuning and balancing).

The quote above, is just the opposite to i guess everything dean wants in this game.

i cite: "anti-game"

that's why they also said: many will be disappointed!

i'm really sorry because of how many really care about this game and are (going to be) now completely fed up...

haha what makes this even more funny is i knew exactly how the patch for eg was going to work out as i tested some of it on the 1.7.7 though not right at the very end and as said the knock down thing is a joke.

as to go play wastealnds how is that even helpful. everyone who dont like new changes to dayz go play warz. that doenst help does it?

also this update hasnt made th game go back to how it was at the beginning .zombies were never like this and loot wasnt this basic. i know i played back then.

it was still more fun but the recent updates arnt.

snip

beans for your well stated doubts :beans:

when you see the video with matt and NOW read deans comments on reddit...this isn't good...not at all. especially at E3?!

im starting to feel like the only way to get people excited about your game is to completely manipulate them and lie to them in some staged ass gameplay demo(bf3, the diviosion, ect). noone had shit to say when the developers of those games acted dumb as fuck just to make the games wayyy fucken sweet dynamic ohmygod.

all the dayz team did was try to make an honest atempt to show the community the current build and some people couldnt just let it go. they have to call it shit and they have to bitch. WHY THE FUCK IS IT THAT PEOPLE CANT UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A SMALL TEAM WORKING ON A VERY LARGE GAME. they literally just started working on the project (half a year is nothing) and all some people want to do is bitch and whine about how it doesn't look good enough for them.

im not a fan boy, i dont even know if ill be interested in getting the game when it releases. but being snobby and expecting the developers to treat me like their fucking king is ridiculous. i wish the developers would have pushed back this game atleast 4 more years with no coverage at all so you cunts would really have something to talk about.

this game is barely done. its probably about 5% of what its actualy gonna be. thats what dayz is! its what its always been. its been its own creature. changing and morphing into a game that we all want to play.

its only flaw was the people.

Edited by radrussian1
edited for language
  • Like 4

Wow, they should not release in this / a slightly more polished state

Yes, yes, alpha and such, but here's the thing - most gamers simply don't care

They'll buy the game on release, experience all the bugs, missing content and general unpolished features of this game and they'll complain, leading to a lot of negative publicity

well for those the game wasn't made then i guess.

when someone clearly doesn't understand what alpha means...yeah what should you do as developer and/or publisher?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz alpha blindness is comming in fast

please remeber people this is and alpha and not a carry on from the mod but a WHOLE NEW GAME

the build he was plaing was single player and only had 1 gun the AK

the game IS NOT READY YET thats why we can play it yet

Edited by King Tubbs

as to go play wastealnds how is that even helpful. everyone who dont like new changes to dayz go play warz. that doenst help does it?

neither is it helpful to say "i want to play this game not the other one, but it must be so and so just as i want it to be" (exaggerated) i guess there will be some rebalancing and more weaker impacts for the blows dealt out by zeds anywhy over time.

i'm certain: dean wanted this update especially so ppl will see and know how the Standalone will more or less feel like.

Edited by joe_mcentire

There is only one thing I am not happy with and that's the inventory "items on the ground window" (taken from Arma 3). It seems to make looting very easy or do I miss anything ?

Edited by Private Evans

There is only one thing I am not happy with and that's the inventory "items on the ground window" (taken from Arma 3). It seems to make looting very easy or do I miss anything ?

It uses line of sight so items will only show in the "vicinity" part of the inventory if you can directly see them.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

its only the things you see in your "field of vision". the shit under the beds/shelves/ect wont show in the menu. you gotta work for it.

Edited by radrussian1

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz alpha blindness is comming in fast

please remeber people this is and alpha and not a carry on from the mod but a WHOLE NEW GAME

the build he was plaing was single player and only had 1 gun the AK

the game IS NOT READY YET thats why we can play it yet

Nothing to do with the newly created "Alpha Blindness" :) , if you haven't already read some of my above comments.

Interesting " please remember people this is and alpha and not a carry on from the mod but a WHOLE NEW GAME" NO it isn't the Map is the Same, Buildings are the SAME, yes they are more 95% enterable and some random differences . What about Sounds ?? Have we heard SOUNDS yet, most sound the Same. This is E3 , Not hey Look what we Havent done ! .......check all Stands before answering.

Nothing to do with the newly created "Alpha Blindness" :) , if you haven't already read some of my above comments.

Interesting " please remember people this is and alpha and not a carry on from the mod but a WHOLE NEW GAME" NO it isn't the Map is the Same, Buildings are the SAME, yes they are more 95% enterable and some random differences . What about Sounds ?? Have we heard SOUNDS yet, most sound the Same. This is E3 , Not hey Look what we Havent done ! .......check all Stands before answering.

Regarding sounds Rocket has stated that they will be added at a later date:

"Sounds aren't even a consideration now because it is a trivial change and until we have completed changing the zombie behaviour.. required sounds could change a great deal. They won't be recorded until that is completed. All sounds are placeholder per normal development practice. In fact, many pre alpha's I have played didn't even have sound effects for most things."

Edited by Fraggle

Considering they've spent ~6 months rewriting the engine to MMO-mode (something absolutely VITAL which nobody will EVER notice, because it's invisible), I think they're showing a decent amount of progress.

Nobody is being shy about things being buggy and broken. You get it as-is. No bullshit.

http://dayzmod.com/f...40#entry1364941

they are brutally honest. that's why they have the guts to go to E3 and present an alpha build which teems with bugs and none-existent content. as said before: the could blatantly lie or divert or do some tricks... they don't.

Edited by joe_mcentire

http://dayzmod.com/f...40#entry1364941

they are brutally honest. that's why they have the guts to go to E3 and present an alpha build which teems with bugs and none-existent content. as said before: the could blatantly lie or divert or do some tricks... they don't.

Brutally honest, they have no choice. It's fcking Amateur Hour . BI OWN DayZ, not Rocket. BI are a small tiny Company . Rocket just Announced to Machinima today , Vehicles MAY be added to the SA from the MOD, obviously whilst they create the SA Modable Vehicles. Goes against everything thats ever been stated.

Gosh I want to play this game so bad that I'm going to start a hunger strike until it's released.

I love your signature pic! LOL!!

• Like 1

Brutally honest, they have no choice. It's fcking Amateur Hour . BI OWN DayZ, not Rocket. BI are a small tiny Company . Rocket just Announced to Machinima today , Vehicles MAY be added to the SA from the MOD, obviously whilst they create the SA Modable Vehicles. Goes against everything thats ever been stated.

He said they may be added ages ago?

On-topic though: I like what I saw! The gray skies, the gritty feeling- yeah man! I hope it'll have some eery, ambiental music to go with it as well. Then throw in some gas-masks, hazmat suits etc. in there and I'm going to drool! :P

Oh boy I'm sure glad I'll be able to play this game come 2015 :D

Edited by Tilen

He said they may be added ages ago?

Ohhh OK. No Offense if someone asks ...here we go " Rocket will you be able to breast Feed if you a Female in the Game "......response " Not in the initial release, but something we are looking at down the track fpr the SA "

Question to ALL , what is the Game actually listed as at E3 , DAYZed, DAYZed SA, or other ? Kinda weird if it was called DayZ Stand Alone. But who would know, certinally not anyone Involved. What is BI going to call it ?

The brand name is "DayZ" and thus the standalone will be called "DayZ", whereas the mod will be DayZ Mod. :)

For now the attribute "standalone" is needed to make it apparent to the readers

Roark, you have a good point. I agree with you that you can't look past the defects. But in my case, I see the bad but also the good. There is a lot of good in there that Im excited about. I like the direction the thing is going in. I see the unfinished state of it, trust me, but I think its a matter of perspective.

I expected a total mess, and it is! but its not anywhere close to being finished. But I can see the basics and like it., I figured when we got it, it would have basic functionality and thats it, no bells or whistles, hardly any added features. I thought we'd be able to run around, pick up stuff, get killed by Zombies, see a basic UI. A bunch of placeholders, yada yada yada.

Now if in 6 months after alpha release, nothing has changed, then the screaming horde descending down upon BIS and Rocket will have a point.

There is definitely progress and as long as Rocket preserves and enhances that special magic mix of fear, anxiety survival and combat the game will be successfull even if it will

never look as polished as AAA titles.

But one thing still bothers me, Rocket talks about how they do not have funds for 3rd-party tools or time to implement better tech [because of lack of resources]. I wonder if Rocket was wrong to go with Bohemia which seem to be treating SA as a low-budget side-project, maybe he should have gone with Kickstarter to fund the game, in the it's heyday the mod could have gathered a truly obscene amount of money, enough to send Rocket to the Moon for two months and still have left over to license any engine/tools and complete creative freedom. A project I just sponsored ( http://www.kickstart...iance-flashback ) collected almost 400K from 7 thousand people, imagine what DayZ could have got from hundreds of thousands!

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 1