SmashT

E3 Expo - June 2013 - Interviews and Gameplay

...with the exception of the bicycle...

Man, I haven't found one in months. They are the tits.

Whoa... just heard Dean say that they aren't really concerned with making weapon-specific attachments. Bummer. Crossing fingers for caliber-specific attachments (at least with suppressors).

http://www.gamespot....3-2013-6410300/

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Whoa... just heard Dean say that they aren't really concerned with making weapon-specific attachments. Bummer. Crossing fingers for caliber-specific attachments (at least with suppressors).

http://www.gamespot....3-2013-6410300/

Yeah, he kind of glossed over it a couple of times before.

I guess we can just pretend every gun has the same rails on it, but supressors have to be done by caliber or it's just daft.

• Like 3

This Standalone looks so beautiful. I can see through those rough edges and it will definetly be worth the wait.

It's not going to be next week (jet lag, etc...). But it's not going to be longer than two months. It will be somewhere in between.

Why not set a date? Because we don't need too, and we don't want to force something out with a glaring game breaking bug just because we set a date, when we didn't need to in the first place.

Furthermore, we have scrapped the keys-in-blocks idea and going for a full access alpha. This means we need to be damn sure our central server will hold whatever load might be thrown at it.

Also remember, I was on tv. I'm always the most conservative on tv be because you get cut up into sound bites and lose the context. When talking to fans etc... I can provide context and be more realistic.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1gauim/rocket_just_said_itd_be_a_few_months_on_stream/caikwji

• Like 3

If you think the actual work showed is nice, you are not prepared to bee an alpha or beta tester sorry.

What Rocket need are beta testers who ask to him sorry you failed in some points, are this ones and you have to solve its, go work again and give me new stuff to test.

-Zombie animations need a full rework the stuff created in motion capture make him look like ridicule. Some times motion capture is not the best way to find dramatically animations, I know you expended a lot of money on motion capture sessions but its a fail.

Agree 100 % When the Video , passed off as a Dev Blog, of the Motion Capture Session was released I made comment i had never seen so much self indulgent BS which was a total waste

I'm actually beginning to like some of the new animations, especially the jogging animation.

My money is still on the release being in the middle of July seems logical.

n13gNbIh.jpg

ldirE7Yh.jpg

IXoS0ewh.jpg

• Like 12

Snip

HOLY CRAP.

Where'd you find those?

HOLY CRAP.

Where'd you find those?

He snuck into rockets house and took them.

Edited by Zecele

They were posted on Reddit, came from the press kit at E3 apparently.

http://www.reddit.co...tandalone_they/

Someone has pointed out that these same renders were posted on polygon last year though, so not sure they are legit. I know these notes that he also linked are legit as Matt got a few of us on skype to write them so maybe they just used the same artist.

http://imgur.com/a/3YXIG

Edited by SmashT

They were posted on Reddit, came from the press kit at E3 apparently.

http://www.reddit.co...tandalone_they/

Someone has pointed out that these same renders were posted on polygon last year though, so not sure they are legit. I know these notes that he also linked are legit as Matt got a few of us on skype to write them so maybe they just used the same artist.

http://imgur.com/a/3YXIG

FCK REDDIT !! Lmao, seriously though thank you for bringing pics and comments from Reddit to the DAYZ FORUMS , ironic said Alannis Morissette

FCK REDDIT !! Lmao, seriously though thank you for bringing pics and comments from Reddit to the DAYZ FORUMS , ironic said Alannis Morissette

haha you'll get used to it ;)

Rocket never wanted the DayZ forums to happen in the first place. He had to be convinced. He also feels reddit is a better place for a discussion to take place. Rather then to complain and feel entitled be grateful it exists at all.

long time you haven't played the mod, right? The pathfinding and animations look far more solid, and it's only 50% done like dean said.

EDIT : taking into account the fact that there are limitations due to the size of map and number of zombies, compared to a game like left 4 dead, which is not comparable at all, in the first place.

I play the mod every single day for lots of hours, only Taviana though on 1.7.4.4. On our server we just removed the ability for the zombies to run which already makes this game so much better. People love it. No more zombies with hawk eye vision and sonar spotting you from 2 miles away and running after you for another 4 miles and then hitting you from 10ft away through a stone wall.

In Left 4 dead zombies are fun, they are more natural and it's really fun to blow their heads off. In Day Z the zombies are just annoying and that's it. Yes they knock you down right now a lot of the times so they are more dangerous but does that make me scared of them? No I think they're still just annoying and they look even more annoying in the E3 video.

For me a zombie apocalypse would be more like the walking dead series, massive amounts of normal to normal-fast walking zombies so that you get surrounded at one point and run out of ammo instead of a few zombies with rambo powers. In fact it's like the #1 rule in any zombie apocalypse, zombies have strength because of their numbers not because of their individual strength.

Anyway it's not only the zombies it's the textures, it's the inventory system, it's the clothing, it's almost everything. Like I said: If this is the result of 1 year developing with Bohemia (where the mod was without the help of Bohemia) then I don't have my hopes up high. And then when I read in some other post that Rocket is tired of the entire zombie genre and wants to create something else, ouch.

I bet when you play the alpha and you shoot a zombie in its leg it will still say "Oh fuck that hurts!".

Day Z standalone will be on top of my vaporware list right now. Let's call it Day Z forever. I don't care though, I think the mod is perfect as it is. We can modify it ourselves, there's an entire community behind it. It would be really hard for standalone to beat that anyway.

I play the mod every single day for lots of hours, only Taviana though on 1.7.4.4. On our server we just removed the ability for the zombies to run which already makes this game so much better. People love it. No more zombies with hawk eye vision and sonar spotting you from 2 miles away and running after you for another 4 miles and then hitting you from 10ft away through a stone wall.

In Left 4 dead zombies are fun, they are more natural and it's really fun to blow their heads off. In Day Z the zombies are just annoying and that's it. Yes they knock you down right now a lot of the times so they are more dangerous but does that make me scared of them? No I think they're still just annoying and they look even more annoying in the E3 video.

For me a zombie apocalypse would be more like the walking dead series, massive amounts of normal to normal-fast walking zombies so that you get surrounded at one point and run out of ammo instead of a few zombies with rambo powers. In fact it's like the #1 rule in any zombie apocalypse, zombies have strength because of their numbers not because of their individual strength.

Anyway it's not only the zombies it's the textures, it's the inventory system, it's the clothing, it's almost everything. Like I said: If this is the result of 1 year developing with Bohemia (where the mod was without the help of Bohemia) then I don't have my hopes up high. And then when I read in some other post that Rocket is tired of the entire zombie genre and wants to create something else, ouch.

I bet when you play the alpha and you shoot a zombie in its leg it will still say "Oh fuck that hurts!".

Day Z standalone will be on top of my vaporware list right now. Let's call it Day Z forever. I don't care though, I think the mod is perfect as it is. We can modify it ourselves, there's an entire community behind it. It would be really hard for standalone to beat that anyway.

You have a server where the zombies don't run?

Why bother with zombies then? They would be completely pointless if they cant even chase you?

How does it work if the threat of zombies is even lower that the running ones of the mod? Are there hundreds more?

The idea of zombies running at normal speed would only work if there would be endurance and fitness in this game. Right now you can run indefinitely and thus the zombies could never catch you. If however you would get tired after a while I'd really like to have normal-fast zombies.

All this looks nice (the animation I mean), what i'd really love to see is more interaction with enviroment. Like I want to ambush a person in a building but it's onlythe front door I can get in. I want to climb through the window, or climb a tree and jump on the roof and get in trough the window on second floor. Also the architecture is great with new accessable houses, but what the houses really need is basements, dark and spooky ones.

All this looks nice (the animation I mean), what i'd really love to see is more interaction with enviroment. Like I want to ambush a person in a building but it's onlythe front door I can get in. I want to climb through the window, or climb a tree and jump on the roof and get in trough the window on second floor. Also the architecture is great with new accessable houses, but what the houses really need is basements, dark and spooky ones.

I don't think climbing up stuff or through windows is on the cards. Not for this map anyway.

There are more things to take into consideration with that kind of interaction with map-objects.

If we keep bringing it up it might get into a future map.

It would be badass to have all those different ways to get in to / out of a building.

Basements would be ace too.

Maybe the underground base-building mechanics will eventually allow for preset instances on the map? It'd be better than nothing.