Sign in to follow this  
Isotonic1

Kill with your hands

if you have no weapons you should be able to go up behind someone and snap there neck but it would be like bf3 you need to be right behind them to be able to do it, maybe be there could be a defense against like he makes a noise like "hay buddy" then he kills him, but if you can hit a button in time in that 1 second of him saying that you can deflect it and throw him in front of you after that its up to you to decide on how you want him dead or alive. also a good idea would be to hit them with your gun and knock them out for 5 seconds or something just to get away from them if you are out of bullets. please reply i would like to here your thoughts on these ideas to ?

This sounds incredibly 'gamey' and is definitely not something that I'd like to see in DayZ.

• Like 2

Maybe a push or something to get away but no ninja stuff.

This sounds incredibly 'gamey' and is definitely not something that I'd like to see in DayZ.

true but not even combat like snapping people necks ? that's something all army s learn is some sort of self defense, thats if you where in a zombie populated area you would do anything to survive even kill with you bare hands so i don't know i think that part should be in it. it would be fair to the new spawns that have nothing and then get shot as they spawn, they could flank and get revenge instead of finding a axe to try and kill them with

Maybe a push or something to get away but no ninja stuff.

yeah i agree on that

There's already talk of unarmed combat in SA, but I doubt it would be a form of attack, more likely just for self-defense in a pinch.

Fighting without a weapon should be a last resort only.

If you're undetected and there's an armed threat nearby, you should be thinking about how to get away, not trying to snap his neck.

• Like 1

true but not even combat like snapping people necks ? that's something all army s learn is some sort of self defense, thats if you where in a zombie populated area you would do anything to survive even kill with you bare hands so i don't know i think that part should be in it. it would be fair to the new spawns that have nothing and then get shot as they spawn, they could flank and get revenge instead of finding a axe to try and kill them with

The survivors in DayZ are civilians, not military personel, I don't think they've been trained to snap necks, lol.

Either way 'press X to kill' is not something that I'd like to see implemented. In real life there are too many variables. Press a button and see if the enemy can press a button in time is super arcadey.

• Like 5

No...

The easiest way to kill someone with your bare hands is to drunkenly shove them onto the pavement so they hit their head.

Snapping necks with your bare hands sounds like something that belongs with sawback survival knives, red bandanas and explosive arrows...

You also remember not your every day person can crack someones neck......

Exactly, not only that but they don't know how to do a clean kill either. I could snap someone's neck, but my technique is to wrap my arm around their neck and fall to the ground with then at a weird angle, because I'm 350 pounds, that WILL work, if they're not dead they'll at least be paralyzed.

The survivors in DayZ are civilians, not military personel, I don't think they've been trained to snap necks, lol.

They have enough problems driving cars and piloting helicopters :)

• Like 1

I'd much rather suffocate someone by shoving my dick down their throat.

• Like 2

yeah but its not just snapping neck, you can strangle people to and stuff like that. am just saying i would i like to see some sort of combat/ self defense in the game, i ant no game maker so i would have no idea on how they would do it all but they could do a way to make it balanced and not like an arcade game

It would be so much easier and require far less training to just seek out the biggest, heaviest thing in your immediate area and hit them over the head with it.

• Like 1

"HAY BUDDAY"

Why would any sane person say that before trying to sneak up on someone and kill them :P.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 2

na no way imo, i just wanna be able to kick doors in atleast, I would be very happy with that

What I would like to see is a SS13 type thing (yes im into that game alot now)

where if you have an unconscious player you can go up and start choking them, and if they wake up before you finish strangling them, then they will just get up

or something of the sort

it would be alot less gamey

and alot more plausible

What they taught us in the army about disposing guards is that u get a big rock, creep at them and hit them as hard as u can with it either at the base of the neck or the face. If bare handed, pick a rock.

• Like 1

Unarmed Combat should be restricted to Punching, Kicking and possibly Tackling.

In terms of unarmed combat, here's how I look at it:

• Punch - No Damage but inflicts "pain" status" effect after a few blows, only affects players, Zombies/Infected unaffected

• Shove - Used to push Zombies/Infected away or possibly knock down players if on uneven ground, does no damage. Remaining stationary, gives a more powerful shove.

• Kick - Same principle to the shove but must remain stationary to perform, a powerful kick that can knockback/knockdown Zombies and Players, does no damage but inflicts "pain" status effect.

• Stomp - Can only be used on "stunned" Zombies (knocked down and stationary for a few seconds) or "knocked out" players. Gives a swift stomp on the victims head, can kill with repeated hits.

• Tackle/Charge - An attack that can only be performed while Sprinting, can ram oppenants with the shoulder or tackle them to the ground, instantly knocking the oppenant to the floor at the cost of yourself also being knocked down (if you tackle someone, your both going down to the floor). The "Ram" attack could also be applied to knocking down wooden doors and other obstructions.

• Like 2

Unarmed Combat should be restricted to Punching, Kicking and possibly Tackling.

In terms of unarmed combat, here's how I look at it:

• Punch - No Damage but inflicts "pain" status" effect after a few blows, only affects players, Zombies/Infected unaffected

• Shove - Used to push Zombies/Infected away or possibly knock down players if on uneven ground, does no damage. Remaining stationary, gives a more powerful shove.

• Kick - Same principle to the shove but must remain stationary to perform, a powerful kick that can knockback/knockdown Zombies and Players, does no damage but inflicts "pain" status effect.

• Stomp - Can only be used on "stunned" Zombies (knocked down and stationary for a few seconds) or "knocked out" players. Gives a swift stomp on the victims head, can kill with repeated hits.

• Tackle/Charge - An attack that can only be performed while Sprinting, can ram oppenants with the shoulder or tackle them to the ground, instantly knocking the oppenant to the floor at the cost of yourself also being knocked down (if you tackle someone, your both going down to the floor). The "Ram" attack could also be applied to knocking down wooden doors and other obstructions.

now that would be a beast add to the game

for skyrim there was once this mod, where you could bind any sequence of keys for any weapon/spell/item/animation...literally for anything in the game. i think something like this would come in very handy for Dayz.

Hand to hand with Zeds should get you killed most of the time. Other wise I feel they would not present a threat.

I don't like hand to hand attacks. I feel that players will never team up in favor of punching each other to death. Kind of like when people started with Makarovs. Everyone killed each other.