mattlightfoot

E3 and our attendance

Is anyone going to stream this? If so, when and where?

I doubt it'll be streamed, but you'll definitely be able to catch a lot of footage on YouTube pretty quickly afterwards. :)

Is anyone going to stream this? If so, when and where?

Yes no doubt will be streamed somebody almost always does, if I hear i will certinally post for you. Not scheduled yet, but no doubt it will be

June 5, 2013 / 02:09 PM EDT / Sal Romano (@salromano)

E3-Schedule-2013.jpg

With pre-E3 events set to officially begin tomorrow, we’ve put together a schedule of conferences and streams to be prepared for. The upcoming week is going to be a big one, so it’s best to know what’s coming your way.

Konami

When: June 6 at 10 a.m. PDT (find your local time)

Where: GameSpot.com, Konami.com

Confirmed to appear include Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Snake’s new voice actor included), Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, and “other major company announcements.”

GameTrailers TV

When: June 7 at 1 a.m. PDT (find your local time)

Where: Spike TV, GameTrailers.com afterwards

This pre-E3 special will reveal the first trailer for Techland’s cross-generation zombie shooter Dying Light, a new trailer for Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, new details and first gameplay footage of Fantasia: Music Evolved, an interview with Metal Gear Solid V creator Hideo Kojima, and an interview with Battlefield 4 actor Michael K. Williams.

Call of Duty: Ghosts

When: June 9 at 11 a.m. PDT (find your local time)

Where: CallofDuty.com, Xbox 360 Machinima App

This 30-minute broadcast will feature a first look at the gameplay levels, behind the scenes footage, interviews with the Infinity Ward team, and more.

Microsoft

When: June 10 from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. PDT (find your local time)

Where: GameTrailers.com, IGN.com, Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE (via Xbox 360), Spike TV (U.S. and Canada only)

A followup to Microsoft’s entertainment-focused Xbox One reveal last month, this time the company promises it’s all about the games (and likely a price and release date reveal). In fact, according to GameTrailers TV’s Geoff Keighley, it’ll be “90 minutes of wall to wall games.”

Expect to hear more about Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse, and Quantum Break, a “historic” Rare IP, and some of those other 11 exclusive games in development at Microsoft Game Studios. Considering past E3s, it’s safe to expect a Call of Duty: Ghosts stage demo, too.

After: Microsoft will also host three days of hour-long coverage on Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com from June 11 to 13 at 4 p.m. PT / 7 p.m. ET.

Electronic Arts

When: June 10 from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. PDT (find your local time)

Where: GameTrailers.com, EA.com, IGN.com, Spike TV (U.S. and Canada only)

Electronic Arts will highlight its next-generation lineup with Battlefield 4, Need for Speed: Rivals, Dragon Age III: Inquisition, Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, NBA LIVE 14, and EA Sports UFC. The publisher will also provide a “first look” at its plans for the Star Wars franchise, the rights to which they required last month. A sequel to Mirror’s Edge might also appear for next-gen consoles.

Ubisoft

When: June 10 from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. PDT (find your local time)

Where: GameTrailers.com, IGN.com

Ubisoft will show Watch Dogs and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, likely with an emphasis on next-gen, as well as Rayman Legends, South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Expect further announcements, including “exclusive next-generation games, innovative editions of popular franchises, and new brands and titles,” with Aisha Taylor again at the helm of it all. Rumor has it Driver studio Ubisoft Reflections is developing a new racer called ”The Crew.”

Sony

When: June 10 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. PDT (find your local time)

Where: GameTrailers.com, Google Plus, IGN.com, PlayStation Blog, Ustream, PlayStation Home, PS Vita (via Nico Nico video app)

A followup to February’s PlayStation 4 reveal, Sony will unveil the console’s final hardware and make new game announcements. Confirmed appearances include a stage demo for Bungie’s Destiny and the reveal of a new Final Fantasy for PlayStation 4 (rumored to be Final Fantasy Versus XIII).

Other games speculated to appear include the next title from God of War developer Santa Monica Studio, the next game from Naughty Dog’s Uncharted team, Media Molecule’s new game, Guerrilla Games’ second project, Ready at Dawn’s PlayStation 4 title, and others.

We’ll likely see more of Knack, inFAMOUS: Second Son, DriveClub, and Killzone: Shadow Fall, too. A release date and price for PlayStation 4 are also expected. Considering Sony also has PlayStation 3 and PS Vita to support, expect a portion of time dedicated to both platforms with both new and previously announced games like Beyond, Gran Turismo 6, Tearaway, and Killzone: Mercenary.

After: Sony will host three days of show floor coverage from 12 to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, on Ustream. Over 40 games will be previewed across PlayStation 4, PS3, and PS Vita.

Nintendo

When: June 11 at 7 a.m. PDT (find your local time)

Where: Nintendo.com (US), Nintendo.co.uk (EU), Nintendo.co.jp (JP)

Nintendo has confirmed it will show a new 3D Mario, Super Smash Bros., and Mario Kart for Wii U. The next project from Metroid Prime and Donkey Kong Country Returns developer Retro Studios is also expected.

The company should also shed light on other titles like The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Monolith Soft’s new RPG, Yarn Yoshi, and Bayonetta 2. A few game announcements shouldn’t be put past them, either.

After: Nintendo will continue providing coverage throughout E3 at Nintendo.com. Additionally, on June 11 at 6 p.m. PDT, Nintendo will hold a media-only, 90-minute Pokemon X and Y event. It will not be streamed.

Square Enix

Square Enix won’t hold a press conference (it hasn’t done so since 2006), but it will be live-streaming its E3 booth through its new Square Enix Presents YouTube channel. Here’s the schedule (this will be updated as new items are confirmed):

June 11

• 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.: Final Fantasy XIV Producer Letter Live Part 1 (Japanese)
  • 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.: Square Enix Chan! at E3 Part 1 (Japanese)

June 12

• 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.: Square Enix Chan! at E3 Part 2 (Japanese)
  • 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Interview (Japanese and English): Square Enix will ask Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama your questions. Submit them here for Lightning Returns and here for X | X-2 HD Remaster.
  • 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.: Final Fantasy XIV Battle Event Introduction (English)
  • 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Interview (Japanese): Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama answers questions sent in via Twitter based on the six themes.

June 13

• 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.: Final Fantasy XIV Producer Letter Live Part 2 (Japanese)

Other: Square Enix will host a media-only Final Fantasy event on June 11 from 12 to 1 p.m. dubbed “The Future of Final Fantasy.” Its specific contents were not detailed. It will not be streamed.

Twitch

Twitch will be live-broadcasting a large number of game demonstrations straight from E3, all day, each day the show floor is open. Here’s the schedule:

Tuesday, June 11

• 12:00pm – Saints Row IV (Volition Inc./Deep Silver)
  • 12:20pm – Dungeon Defenders 2 (Trendy Entertainment)
  • 12:40pm – The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (2K Games)
  • 1:00pm – Charlie Murder (Microsoft Studios)
  • 1:15pm – Ascend (Microsoft Studios)
  • 1:30pm – Thief (Square Enix)
  • 1:45pm – Murdered: Soul Suspect (Square Enix)
  • 2:15pm – Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
  • 2:30pm – TBA (Sony PlayStation/Santa Monica Studio)
  • 3:00pm – Fantasia: Music Evolved! (Harmonix Music)
  • 3:15pm – TBA (Adult Swim Games)
  • 3:30pm – Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon’s Keep DLC (2K Games)
  • 4:00pm – Super T.I.M.E. Force (Microsoft Studios)
  • 4:15pm – Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
  • 4:30pm – Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (ScrewAttack)
  • 5:00pm – TBA (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
  • 5:30pm – E3 Day Wrap Up w/Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr

Wednesday, June 12

• 10:30am – Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
  • 10:45am – Destiny (Bungie/Activision)
  • 11:00am – TBA (Electronic Arts)
  • 11:35am – DuckTales Remastered (Capcom)
  • 12:00pm – TBA (PopCap/Electronic Arts)
  • 1:00pm – TBA (Microsoft Studios)
  • 1:30pm – LEGO Marvel Heroes (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
  • 1:45pm – Quantum Break (Remedy Entertainment)
  • 2:00pm – TBA (Ubisoft)
  • 2:15pm – TBA (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
  • 2:30pm – Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
  • 3:00pm – The Wolf Among Us (Telltale Games)
  • 3:15pm – Skylanders Swap Force (Activision)
  • 3:45pm – Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (Tecmo Koei)
  • 4:00pm – TBA (Microsoft Studios)
  • 4:30pm – Black Gold Online (Snail Games)
  • 5:00pm – Defiance (Trion Worlds)
  • 5:30pm – E3 Day Wrap Up

Thursday, June 13

• 10:30am – Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix)
  • 10:45am – Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
  • 11:00am – The Elder Scrolls Online (Bethesda)
  • 11:15am – Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bethesda)
  • 11:30am – The Evil Within (Bethesda)
  • 11:45am – Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
  • 12:00pm – Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (Tecmo Koei)
  • 12:15pm – Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
  • 12:30pm – Dragon’s Prophet (Sony Online Entertainment)
  • 1:00pm – Warframe (Digital Extremes)
  • 1:15pm – Need for Speed: Rivals (Electronic Arts)
  • 1:30pm – Dust 514 (CCP)
  • 2:00pm – Solstice Arena (Zynga)
  • 2:45pm – Magic 2014: Duels of the Planeswalkers (Wizards of the Coast)
  • 3:00pm – TBA (Microsoft Studios)
  • 4:00pm – Breach & Clear (Gun Media)
  • 4:30pm – E3 Show Wrap Up

Edited by YZ250
  • Like 5

Know if it will be broadcasted? would like if one of the channels goes to your booth. Congrats, wish i was in the industry to be able to go. In time :)

We'll be screaming in every stream to visit in Bohemia's booth just like last year. Last time more people liked to see Arma 3 but this time people are demanding both vry much :D

It will be interesting to see the footage.

But...

The only point of going to show is to show off the game and build hype. Correct me if I am wrong, but DayZ: Alpha as Fuck doesn't really need the hype, until it is ready to be called just DayZ. When we can call the game just DayZ without any adjectives like "alpha" or "beta" then open the flood gates to the masses.

Even Rocket him self kind of wishes for a soft release as he recently stated in a stream (I hope I am not taking the statement out of context)

But if the unwashed masses (a.k.a gaming consumers) see flashing lights and "DayZ" they will rush to find a release date and as soon as the game comes out they will buy it w/o doing a second of research. Sorry for sounding cynical, but lets be honest, it could happen. Even if the E3 booth literally says "DayZ: Alpha as Fuck" people might only read to the semi-colon and buy the game in its crappy state.

Then these people will find all these bugs and lack of content and whine like no tomorrow. The Forums and Reddit will undoubtedly be a mess and angry words like "Fanboy" and "hater" will be flying around everywhere.

TotalBiscuit hit the nail on the head when he called DayZ a desperation genre.

Let me explain.

There are no other games like DayZ. But zombie survival is something that people want to play REALLY BADLY ( I can't emphasize how badly they want to play enough). Some gamers are desperate to play a game like this. Look at the WarZ. That game was crap and yet many people bought it because they were desperate to play "zombie survival". Had they done two minutes of research watching a review they would have realized that it was crap, but they were so desperate and they didn't. We all saw what happened to WarZ.

I fear the same thing could happen to DayZ. Even if it was half as bad as what happened to Hammerpoint, it could ruin a lot of peoples opinions.

Desperate uneducated consumers might buy the alpha game and cause untold amounts of trouble.

I am probably being too cynical, but Dean, and Bohemia should keep working hard but tread carefully :)

Best of luck! :thumbsup:

Fully understand what you are saying but you could put 10 by 10 metre signs up saying DayZ..IT'S AS ALPHA AS FUCK!! and some people will still act the same ( Then these people will find all these bugs and lack of content and whine like no tomorrow. The Forums and Reddit will undoubtedly be a mess and angry words like "Fanboy" and "hater" will be flying around everywhere. )

They have been telling us all along about bugs, glitches, shoddy animations, placeholders, things that will be added further down the line etc etc and this information still seems to go unread by many as if the information is elusive or hidden.

You can lead a horse to water..

Any gamer worth his salt could see what Warz was from day one (admittedly a lot of the reviewing sites needed dragging over the coals for misinformation and building it up in some peoples eyes ) but still. people building up there expectations on heresay and not delving even slightly deeper into what they are interested in have nobody to blame but themselves. I had to convince a friend that Warz was going to be total crap so he didn't hand over his money. He saw some images and was like ' Man that is going to be the bomb !! ' no looking into it any further. Just see some pics and he was sold.

It is like everytime someone comes into my work and starts complaining about their Great Wall car they have purchased..i give them the really???..you exchanged your hard earned cash for that ..look.

The other problem is that some people believe what they want to believe regardless of what has been said or shown...and then throw a hissy fit when it falls below their expectations.

Disclaimer..i would never work anywhere where those cars are sold :)

• Like 4

Am I the only one more interested in the development of the mod instead of the standalone? I'm more eager to see 1.7.7 than I am to see standalone.

• Like 4

Am I the only one more interested in the development of the mod instead of the standalone? I'm more eager to see 1.7.7 than I am to see standalone.

Opposite for me and our group I'm afraid, we had 25 plus players in our group when the Mod was at its peak, when the SA was announced there was no point in us playing we all agreed. That said some of us have been playing origins and other Mods and Arma 3 Alpha

They have a pretty sweet spot in the South Hall. Interactive map below.

http://www.mapyoursh...ng=en&locale=en

Right opposite Konami!

Do us a favour Matt and chuck a stapler at Hideo Kojima's head. Way to ruin a franchaise, asshole!

• Like 1

Right opposite Konami!

Do us a favour Matt and chuck a stapler at Hideo Kojima's head. Way to ruin a franchaise, asshole!

Mr. Kojima is not sure what he wants to do, make games or make animation movies....

Thats way his newer games are becoming more and more animations and less and less games...

They have a pretty sweet spot in the South Hall. Interactive map below.

http://www.mapyoursh...ng=en&locale=en

Due to high demand, they had to make small changes to the boot. this is how the boot currently looks like:

9Ryu0RF.jpg?1

• Like 35

HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!oNEELEVENeinsELF

edit: I too write my Thesis in MSPaint!

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

I'm meeting Major Nelson and the crew first, but we may head your way :)

wow dean mentioned my pic on his twitter...

i thought it couldnt get any better than to get so many beans.

that just made my day.

• Like 3

The Ministry of Economy for the Republic of Poland gets a booth? :huh:

Economy...Poland...

lolwut

• Like 6

There are no other games like DayZ. But zombie survival is something that people want to play REALLY BADLY ( I can't emphasize how badly they want to play enough). Some gamers are desperate to play a game like this. Look at the WarZ. That game was crap and yet many people bought it because they were desperate to play "zombie survival". Had they done two minutes of

The problem with holding off for the release is that competition is around the corner. It might not effect anything at the end of the day, but the competition wasn't here before, when DayZ emerged as a mod. DayZ's popularity has encouraged others to do the same.

Games like Dead State, Dying Light and State of Decay among others will all add their unique touch to the genre, this year and next, adding some form of competition. You're right, people do want these type of games now, and the more that appear, the more fragmented the community. DayZ will have plenty of sales though I'm sure; no need to worry about that.

• Like 2

lolwut

Yeah I don't know either.

Thought it was some sort of input mistake at first...

Rocket are we gonna have a dedicated server package available when SA is released, or will we have to rent a server from a commercial host?

The problem with holding off for the release is that competition is around the corner. It might not effect anything at the end of the day, but the competition wasn't here before, when DayZ emerged as a mod. DayZ's popularity has encouraged others to do the same.

Games like Dead State, Dying Light and State of Decay among others will all add their unique touch to the genre, this year and next, adding some form of competition. You're right, people do want these type of games now, and the more that appear, the more fragmented the community. DayZ will have plenty of sales though I'm sure; no need to worry about that.

I agree with your points.

I am not worried about sales. DayZ has shown that it will get sales.

But like I said, uneducated consumers are going to buy the alpha and complain. Their complaints will probably be legitimate, but complaining about an alpha accomplishes nothing but stirring up rage. Bug reporting is what educated consumers will do and many will get angry with all the "CoD kiddies" and "KoS n00b bandits" ranting on the forums :lol:

I guess the point of my post is to warn people about the inevitable.

I for one will pay no attention to the ridiculous volumes of complaints. I will stick to bug reporting and making suggestions like I always have. I HIGHLY encourage the rest of you to do the same, and I don't fear you guys will let me down. :)

We have an intelligent forum that will realizes the desperate gamers will calm down if no one calls them haters and retards.

General Quarters, all hands, man your battle stations. I repeat, general quarters, all hands, man your battle stations. THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I repeat, THIS IS NOT A DRILL

:beans: :D

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 7

We have an intelligent forum that will realizes the desperate gamers will calm down if no one calls them haters and retards.

I have to agree here. Shouting "it's an alpha you noob" isn't going to help anything. We need to ignore the trolls and help those that actually need it. Getting into flamewars and throwing around the term "alpha" in every other post isn't going to accomplish anything. (especially if they don't understand what alpha means)

• Like 4

I have to agree here. Shouting "it's an alpha you noob" isn't going to help anything. We need to ignore the trolls and help those that actually need it. Getting into flamewars and throwing around the term "alpha" in every other post isn't going to accomplish anything. (especially if they don't understand what alpha means)

Shut up noob i'll say what i want lol

• Like 4

Not to mention, it being in alpha wouldn't fly with those who were told the same thing in War Z when that came out.

Now obviously, and hopefully the company is going to release this alpha with everything that it claims to have and more then likely will be labeled in a alpha state.

But at the same time, like many have said, we have to show maturity and intelligence on our end, which we are all more then capable of doing =-D

• Like 2

But.... Rhinocrunch.