rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

...but you are the Sauseage King of Chicago! There are no tropical storms in Chicago. Chicago isn't even tropical...

must have really taken your kingdom by suprise!!

I demand that the Sausage King of Chicago answer to these discrepancies.

• Like 1

Looks Amazing, Cant wait to see this at E3! And to see the Alpha going live soon for youtubers and streamers. :beans: :beans:

I'm not saying that it's ugly, what I'm saying is that there is no improvement over ArmA II. As it stands, with everything ramped up ArmA II can be a beautiful game. The point I was making is that all of the people saying "ZOMG I CAN SMELL THE GRASS ITS SO REALISTIC" are obviously looking at these shots through some rose tinted fanboy glasses, or they're playing the current mod on very low settings.

I'm still looking forward to standalone, I guess I was just expecting things to be a little prettier

Have you played Arma 3 alpha? Graphic difference is clear, not huge but clear. Arma 2 looks good, but Arma 3 looks much better.

The inventory system and graphics does look quite nice but this quickbar creeps me out -.-

its much better if you have to search your backpack until you find what you want. I hope i will be able to dissable this quickbar^^

I prefer less symbols on the screen (like deadspace (none)), so having an option to make the quickbar invisible (but not completely disabled) would be great. Cause in shooters i do not like to have bars/a lot of interface on the screen (like in rpgs) while running around. It results in a better atmosphere too.

Edited by Donlod
  • Like 3

Damn, it looks really good! Also, congrats on becoming the 42nd New Zealander to climb Everest.

I see what you did there ;) I salute Sacriel's 42nd.

I have vast tracks of land in my kingdom.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed sausage man is king, long live the revolution brothers and sisters...

• Like 1

I see what you did there ;) I salute Sacriel's 42nd.

Actually, I didn't do anything, unless I got the number wrong, he IS the 42nd NZ to make it to the summit of Mt.Everest :)

I wish that it's both combined in the later state.

this is in a few games and isnt new

S.t.a.l.k.e.r really brought this idea to life. just whatever you do dont add the black out screens people are trying in latest epoch so annoying .

basically when you run a small anount of time your screen as you tire starts faading eventually going black if you totally exuasted. thing is people just log to get rid of it .

th inventory system is just a edit of the minecraft model.

this is in a few games and isnt new

S.t.a.l.k.e.r really brought this idea to life. just whatever you do dont add the black out screens people are trying in latest epoch so annoying .

basically when you run a small anount of time your screen as you tire starts faading eventually going black if you totally exuasted. thing is people just log to get rid of it .

th inventory system is just a edit of the minecraft model.

Yep I'm hoping for something like what A.C.E. did. You can take a good amount of stuff but you collapse instantly if you take 10 satchel charges for example.

No devblog this week but fuck your excuses I'll light you on fire.

The new inventory looks great, but I don't quite get the second one. It's a road.

The new inventory looks great, but I don't quite get the second one. It's a road.

it's a metaphor! THE ROAD, IT IS THE GOAL!

New road texture, new trees and new grass. I'm not sure are those poles also a new addition.

Yeah thats a one for the schooled dayZ eye xD

I imagined how much cover it would provide in compare.

forealz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonna buy 2 gtx 680 next week to play dayz in ultra!!!

why buy 2x gtx 680 when you can get a gtx 780 and get almost the same performance cheaper ? :P. plus.. dayz works for me as it is on ultra at 60ish fps with one gtx 680

I'm a little late to the game; I hadn't read the first few pages of the thread to see Rocket's posts. I think the following quotes are very troubling.

To any comments about an ugly UI or that the field looks the same, you are going to be disappointed. They will not substantially suddenly enhance their prettiness.
While we could devote resources to making the game more sparkly - we aren't.

First of all; that's a lie and a double standard. You are devoting resources to making the game more sparkly by enhancing the map. Maybe you're simply not managing your resources properly.

Now then, these screenshots of your GUI may be "work in progress", but you've admitted that they reflect the end product you're aiming for. On Reddit you said the font won't change and here you're saying they won't get much prettier. These screenshots are, of course, horrendous. As someone with experience programming with DirectX, I'd like to say that it's bogus to claim you can't use pretty photoshop work in a game engine and have complete functionality.

I have yet to see a proposed inventory screen that works under all the requirements for game UI

Here, I'll propose an inventory screen that looks infinitley better. Millions of people already like it. All you have to do is reprogram its functionality to support more mouse juggling.

iuIJUBu.png

Edited by gummy52
  • Like 2

I'm a little late to the game; I hadn't read the first few pages of the thread to see Rocket's posts. I think the following quotes are very troubling.

While we could devote resources to making the game more sparkly - we aren't. We're devoting resources to making more functionality. DayZ is not a game that is about sexy graphics - I really thought this would be dead obvious.

First of all; that's a lie and a double standard. You are devoting resources to making the game more sparkly by enhancing the map. Maybe you're simply not managing your resources properly.

I tend to agree with Gummy here. Wasn't there a whole Dev Blog update dedicated to some crappy ship sublevel? How many man hours were spent painstakingly designing the rust textures for the wrecked ship?

Here, I'll propose an inventory screen that looks infinitley better. Millions of people already like it. All you have to do is reprogram its functionality to support more mouse juggling.

iuIJUBu.png

Pretty sure most people think it's one of the worst inventory screens ever devised. But they put up with it because DayZ is a brilliant game. Mechanics and functionality are far more important at this stage.

• Like 2

There isn't enough functions in that inventory to separate different jeans and hoodies inventory space from backpack space. It serves Arma enough well but not DayZ IMO. Also it lacks cool 3d model :D

I don't care about the font used on the UI or any font used on anything ever.....

A map is a playable object. It is something that makes the gameplay different.

Why would you bitch about an INVENTORY screen? DayZ/ArmaII had a horrible inventory screen and everyone loved DayZ. It was always more about the gameplay than the looks. I would BY FAR have a more immersive and fun map than cry about the fonts and layout of just the inventory screen. Games like Colonial Space Marines had epic looking UI but they failed because the gameplay just sucked. DayZ won't fail just because of an inventory screen.

• Like 2