mattlightfoot

DayZ Double Developer Blog 14th May 2013

I guess this one explains why there are no dogs in Chernarus.

2yyyqon.jpg

• Like 18

This was awesome! I looked through that whole album. I think the coolest thing to add to the map would be those rock columns and cliffs.

• Like 1

So where's the part 2 from the last devblog? :P

They can't show GDC stuff apparently, you need to subscribe to GDC Vault which costs $495 per person if you want access to it. :(

http://www.gdcvault.com/

• Like 2

RIP poor Ivan.

From Greek prison to zombie food.

EDIT: Also the buildings seem to have lost their colour in game. Very bright in real Chernarus

Edited by DemonGroover

692tdt.jpg

Poster boy for Chernarus calendars that should be hanging in the houses.

• Like 3

Motocross pants confirmed for standalone.

They aren't motocross pants just some very old tracksuit bottoms I've managed to rust the zips together on.

• Like 2

Very old tracksuit bottoms with rusty zips confirmed for standalone.

though motocross pants would have been cooler

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 9

692tdt.jpg

Poster boy for Chernarus calendars that should be hanging in the houses.

Chernarus Dating Agency:

Hi i'm Matt. I like nothing better than moonlight walks on the Bean Coast and hacking bandits to death with my hatchet. It gets lonely since the Apocalypse, so girls, if any of you require bloodbagging or any other "injection" then be sure to holler "Friendly" next time you see me.

• Like 14

I shat my pants at the end of the video... SA confirmed to be scary.

Edited by Beck
  • Like 2

if you listen carefully to Ivan while the "zombie" grabs him at the end, it sounds like he says he will see us around next week!

• Like 2

if you listen carefully to Ivan while the "zombie" grabs him at the end, it sounds like he says he will see us around next week!

No i am sure he says June 3rd.

• Like 2

Does anyone know why they cannot add rivers and streams? I recall early days when you could re-fill your canteen in the sea, surely you could add a river and alter the code to allow this?

Yes I understand the huge task this would take but we have a swamp on the coast now, surely a river is possible or even capable. DayZ really would benefit from a river / stream. If dev's are adding any rocky formations we could have a stream around Willow lake and black lake feeding into the sea? or even One long river stretching from Petrovka as a tributary to north of Olsha

I did not know there was a tesco in Chernarus, that has damned near ruined my view of a exotic rural europe, I thought we in the U.K were the only poor souls who had tescos. It would be nice to have a large supermarket on the map, I remember the big one in Fallout 3, Had to find food there but there were bandits waiting when finished. oh dear now I have to re-install Fallout 3.

• Like 1

Does anyone know why they cannot add rivers and streams? I recall early days when you could re-fill your canteen in the sea, surely you could add a river and alter the code to allow this?

Yes I understand the huge task this would take but we have a swamp on the coast now, surely a river is possible or even capable. DayZ really would benefit from a river / stream. If dev's are adding any rocky formations we could have a stream around Willow lake and black lake feeding into the sea? or even One long river stretching from Petrovka as a tributary to north of Olsha

I did not know there was a tesco in Chernarus, that has damned near ruined my view of a exotic rural europe, I thought we in the U.K were the only poor souls who had tescos. It would be nice to have a large supermarket on the map, I remember the big one in Fallout 3, Had to find food there but there were bandits waiting when finished. oh dear now I have to re-install Fallout 3.

I remember reading how all water in Arma needs to be at sea level, except for the lakes which are actually objects. So to have rivers the land would have to be gouged out so it is at sea level.

As for Fallout 3 - i remember that quest well, it was the first one i got. A real buzz taking out that bandit base.

• Like 1

I remember reading how all water in Arma needs to be at sea level, except for the lakes which are actually objects. So to have rivers the land would have to be gouged out so it is at sea level.

That stands true for a lot of (older) games. unless of course you use a simple texture. (blerch)

A valley gouged out to sea level with a river cutting through would be awesome though.We could have a spiffy inland yacht club then. Chernarus Cup.

• Like 1

-snip-

Matt what is this ._.

That's where Steak licks him while he sleeps.

• Like 5

Motocross pants confirmed for standalone.

Ohh now ya got me interested

They can't show GDC stuff apparently, you need to subscribe to GDC Vault which costs $495 per person if you want access to it. :(

http://www.gdcvault.com/

Thank for this. Now we can really blame someone. That's some expensive shit :o