rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

Ok.. So was 1.7.1.3 wiping peoples inventories or is it 1.7.1.4?

OK' date=' i've testing for some time and let me give my impressions:

1 - Crouching visibility and hearing seems WAY TOO HIGH compared to last patches, almost the same as running in full-speed. (Even in the grass, while holding shift, zombies can still detect you)

2 - Zombies seem to see you from miles away, it gets even worse due to the high level of visibility and hearing you get from crouching

3 - Zombies are glitching inside houses and other buildings. They go after you and get inside really fast, running. They start to walk for a few seconds, and sometimes they keep running again chasing you inside the room, making it impossible to fight them

4 - The FPS seems to be degrading after some time, i don't really know why, but i had to close/open the game after some time due to the huge fps-drop i was getting

I hope this points can get reviewed for future hotfixes :)

[/quote']

i completely agree FIX THIS

* [FIXED] Hunger and Thirst no longer continue to drop while you are offline (only ingame time counts)

What a shame :( ... I really really liked that and you take away the care :( Never thought it would happen, but now that i´ve read this, I´m very very disapointed :(

Are starting positions now random in map?

*Started somewhere in middle of map it seems when i died, that is fun! (is this new?)

*Also found out that zombies can see/ hear you far away (read that earlier) The problem i had, is you can sneak in town with shift (very good), but when 1 zombie sees you, you must left shift and run or walk harder then normal to get distance. Normally this will do, now whole village will alarmed and all zombies chasing you :)

*ZOmbies opens and closes doors! Nice!

*Found food and drinks again!

*Hatchet is fun!, killed 1 zombie with it, only get hit, a well...

*I don't have lag with chased zombies when they los you? No problems with this... excellent performance

So only the 'see/hear' thing left, its very playable!

Nice hotfix, tnx!!

Question: if Hatchet takes primary weapon slot now, how I am supposed to keep Hatchet for collecting wood?

I just tried to play the game, and it's almost impossible, the zombies are running at me from ridiculous distances, it seem the crouch run is too loud.

Observation:

Connected briefly from my 'test connect' location high atop the yellow crane in cherno.

Every person that I saw run by had... an axe.

It seems that the zombies have reverted back to an early area of being super sensitive. I can't even walk through the town without pulling zeds from a few hundred meters away. It's really frustrating because I spent 2-3 hours working on getting a boat and new bandit camp together to have it all go to shit when the new patch was installed on the server I was on. Pulling zeds from 100-300 meters away while crouch running seems a bit retarded. Just needed to rant a bit. 4 hours of game play to end up no where dead and mad. Not to mention pulling zeds through walls and houses.

TL;DR: Zeds too sensitive.

Can confirm the zed's search ability does lag the game out quite a bit, had one find me only to massively overshoot so far he fell off a hill and died.

I just played for 1 minute and the game is almost impossible to play at the begining because the zeds are almost like super-zeds.

Zeds actually CAN see you through buildings, plus they can see you from like 100 or 200m away, even if you're crouching, and knowing all that and plus that we just have one painkiller and one bandage at the spawn, i think the game will be based on some kind of evolution thing.

When you spawn u just can prone, and if you start collecting good things, than you can start thinking about crouching and start crouching-running.

Only problem we currently have on our server:

- Zeds see u from way to far away.

- Hatchet looks like shells (this is intentionally i guess, to see if the hatchet really works like u want to / same with crowbar)

-Duplicate crowbar/hatchet when trying to pick it up and not having space for it

No fps drop when zeds are chasing us (could be becouse we only tryed with 1-2 chasing us)

No fps drop when playing longer than 20+ mins

I love the new audio stealth nerf.

It's pretty playable with the flashlight at night (just died to a few zeds and respawned for the first time since 1.7.0). Not sure if this is a tone mapping server (I dont think so, I died on one where night was like in a WW2 movie - grey and bright; then I respawned on one that was MUCH darker)

yup crouch run 4-5 ear bars. i am strafing now and looking with alt key:) 2bars little slower. the Z are still managable if you take time. i still fuck up more then earlier and have to run/dogde crawl away from buidlings or trees. yes i even managed more times to drop of a Z in the line of a tree site. still a little too sensitive.

nothing to bad.

i cant pick up the hatchet. i even trow all of my stuff out or does it use one of the weapon slots?

the night time is very nice with common config. looks almost like when i tweaked it.

maybe its intended but i am not sure. hdr and gamma/brigthness was so to say locked. now i can adjust it again.

its a big difference again hdr normal

i didnt get huge fps drops when 20 Z chasing me. now i do.

Ditto lost my m16a2 pretty pissed about it.

That is not constructive feedback. Don't come in and say "I'm pissed about this." You are an alpha tester whether you like it or not. Deal with it. I logged in and fell over dead yesterday with 2 silenced M4's' date=' coyote backpack, NVG's, 2 mountain dew on me, but I accepted it and moved on/started over. Things are going to happen while the game is being developed. Just have a good time and provide feedback they can use to make it better.

[/quote']

I did not mean to ruffle your feathers I was simply stating frustration, I have a silenced mp5 i had in my bag so I'm using that I has just a bit perturbed is all. Other then that everything seems fine.

I love the new audio stealth nerf.

It's pretty playable with the flashlight at night (just died to a few zeds and respawned for the first time since 1.7.0). Not sure if this is a tone mapping server (I dont think so' date=' I died on one where night was like in a WW2 movie - grey and bright; then I respawned on one that was MUCH darker)

[/quote']

I love the stealth nerf aswell

HELP!

I am updated to 1.7.1.4 and when I DO eventually get on a server that is for 1.7.1.4 I spawn in "Wilderness" - a HUGE open plain with absolutely NOTHING in it! Except for once there were two player corpses where I spawned.

What am I doing wrong?

I think everyone agrees that zeds should be tweaked a lil bit. its impossible to enter a building without agroing some. We cant even look for loot with zeds respawning right after you kill some.

IMO reduce their capabilities (they're zombies after all, not mutants with super powers) to what they were and delete the investigation thingy.

I understand it makes it more real, but most of the people play this game at a low fps rate already, with the zombie AI reducing more fps its just unplayable.

As for axes, keep up the tests. It's too soon to say if it will work for the future or not as a mellee weapon.

Is it impossible to be silent now with 1.7.1.4?

Last night i player for 1-2 hours on 1.7.1.1 and sneaking was fine, but now i am not able to play, because i can't move without attracting zombies around me. Sneaking makes 2 noise, and even crawling makes noise!

How are you supposed to get around now, or is this a bug? I surely hope so... :(

I'm in a house right now, and can't even move around anymore, let alone escape...

yeah i'm not getting FPS issues per say, but every 30 seconds or so, or randomly i get these buffer freezes, in 1.7.0.1 i turned off my overclock and it fixed the freezes but seems its back again this time i'm running default clocks.

also to get out of the debug hills ppl just run east for about 2 km. luckily i had a compass when i got ported there.