rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

but rocket what about the zombies, is that also because the admins diddnt update the server, or did they just became chuck norris?

Played some minutes on a 1.7.1.4 Server. Server crashed after minutes with the "no message from server" line. Just like in version 1.7.2.1 ...

So can someone explain what happened to 1.7.1.3? We just skipped it? Or was that the one that was released earlier and was causing the server crash problem?

"And there is no steal inventory bug. We had to reset some peoples inventory because they became full of the infamous invisible magazines."

I picked up the hatchet and had 10k "magazines" for it. So thats why my inventory is empty ?

+ That wasteland spawn thing ?

I find the 1.7.1.4 patch to be pretty solid apart from the performance drop. I never ever had a problem with it, and I shouldn't with my specs but hey things happen. Apart from the performance drop it's all good.

Now if only zombies didn't move so spastically so I could honestly hit them without taking 2-3 hits myself.

So after fiddling around with my helicopter it is still pissing fuel, the windscreen is damaged though, could this matter as well?

I love the rate everything is getting fixed.

ALL HEIL ROCKET!

Also thank you for fixing that hachet bullshit. Sometimes my player is holding it wrong though.

PLEASE NOTE:

And there is no steal inventory bug. We had to reset some peoples inventory because they became full of the infamous invisible magazines.

What about the many people stuck out in wilderness without anything in their inventory and no way of getting back?

Come on admins! Do your thing already!

There's no schedule for the updates' date=' so I can't blame them too much. However, what is most annoying is the servers who updated the normal mods to 1.7.1.4 but didn't include the dayz_server update.

[/quote']

Oh I know there's no schedule :) I was just trying to joke around a bit, because I can't wait to play the patch while it's fully working.

Keep up the amazing work :heart:

PLEASE NOTE:

And there is no steal inventory bug. We had to reset some peoples inventory because they became full of the infamous invisible magazines.

What about the many people stuck out in wilderness without anything in their inventory and no way of getting back?

his esc. then hit respawn

PLEASE NOTE:

Just run east. If you keep spawning there, revert back to non-beta where you have side channel chat, ask someone what time it is, and then use the sun to run East till you're back on the map. Then, you can go back to the beta version and be all set :)

For the people stuck in the wilderness, either respawn or head east back onto the map (the direction that the clouds are moving)- this can take some time but it can be done if necessary.

I've found that the latest update has a problem with zombie spawning- they're just spawning too fast! When *$^! goes south and you have to kill a few, they're back within about a minute or so. And there's LOTS more!

I must say though that i like the look of zombies trying to find you again. Only problem is that they just stand there turning their heads and don't move. I must've been waiting 5 minutes or so waiting for a zombie to leave (he couldn't see me). Instead he just stood there looking around. :S

Other than that fantastic work to everyone on the DayZ team :)

Let's say Zeds have strong sense of smell.

Lets say when you kill a player there is a release of smell' date=' odor/ hormones , what ever you want to call it.

The Zeds will be attracted to this odor.

After the player kills another player there will be an visible circle around the character that will aggro Zeds in a investigative manner. This Circle size would have to be tested since i don't know i number right off the top of my head that would not trigger hard reactions. This circle around the player who killed will have this for a certain amount of time.

This could also be adapted to player bodies. A dead player body will have a chance of spawn 1-3 Zeds within the area (say 30meters) around the dead body as they move towards the location of the dead to eat.

We should always be asking if i fire my gun and kill a player. Will this bring Zeds to the location? There is no safe place on the map.

[/quote']

Wow, that is actually quite a nice idea. I think it might tone down ppl shooting on sight in the beginning. Of course wouldn't affect high level bandits as they eat zombies for breakfast but then again I have no problem with them, it's the "whenever i see someone they shoot me 80 % of the time" that pisses me off somewhat.

For the people stuck in the wilderness' date=' either respawn or head east back onto the map (the direction that the clouds are moving)- this can take some time but it can be done if necessary.

I've found that the latest update has a problem with zombie spawning- they're just spawning too fast! When *$^! goes south and you have to kill a few, they're back within about a minute or so. And there's LOTS more!

I must say though that i like the look of zombies trying to find you again. Only problem is that they just stand there turning their heads and don't move. I must've been waiting 5 minutes or so waiting for a zombie to leave (he couldn't see me). Instead he just stood there looking around. :S

Other than that fantastic work to everyone on the DayZ team :)

[/quote']

Yeah I've had the same issue. One was standing right under a deer stand and wouldn't move. I threw a can but it didn't go and investigate. When I threw a smoke grenade it did though, so, they aren't stuck there apparently, they just need some motivation :P

And yeah I died after expending about 60 rounds (most were 1-shot kills, that's how many zeds I had come), because it seemed like there was either an insane amount in the town I was in, or they just kept respawning. Not sure which. Framerate was in the 20s the whole time with about 15% GPU usage :(

PLEASE NOTE:

i was there.

Just respawn and everything will be alright

There is a bug when you log out or the server crashes you come back in and your hatchet or crowbar has no ammo and you can't swing it causing me to instantly die.

Yep I had this problem too. By the time I realized it I was already being attacked by zombies and just heard a "click" sound of an empty gun, and reloading didn't work.

About the newest update.. The zombies are aggroing from miles away whilst facing away... What has been ruined... I mean changed since update 1.7.1.2, I mean 1.7.1.1 screwed everyone over, with the all seeing zeds.... and 1.7.1.2 balanced it nicely. Now you have screwed me over again allowing me to aggro a small town whilst crouch walking. Which would

normally take me sprinting to happen.

Wondering what has been changed? And if I should give up now if it will stay this way...

I seem to noticed we get detected quicker again, and our sound/visible meter is 1 bar higher now when crouch running and walking, and crouch walk across street = aggro no matter what.

Its almost like they have eye detection again, but don't. But have their aggro ranges that were in 1.7.1

Its too much again.

EDIT: Squashman post same thing as I did at same time. Jinx owe me a Mountain dew!

Something was defiantly changed

Rocket, I got 2 small suggestions.

1) You should make the hatchet go back in the utility slot, and from your inventory you can right click it to chop / harvest wood like you use to normally, or you can right click it to equip it as a melee weapon.

2) you should do the same thing with the crowbar, and also as a future feature / suggestion, you can make the crowbar able to pry open locked doors (like when you make all the unenterable buildings enterable) or make it so you can lock doors as a future feature, could also use the crowbar to break / pry things as well? (ie if you eventually make it so you can make keys for and lock vehicles, or if you make like lockable boxes, crates, chests, etc that you can store things in)

Would also be nice in the future if the zombies had to break down doors etc instead of opening them or just walking through them.

PLEASE NOTE:

The majority of bugs posted, which I just dedicated an hour of my life to researching, are because server admins have not installed the 1.7.1.3 (there is no server 1.7.1.4) files.

If you run the server on an old version you're gonna have a bad time. There is not currently any way for the clients (you guys) to tell if a server is running old code. But the vast swathe of bugs reported here are because server owners need to ensure they update dayz_server.pbo and not just update all the other files because its easier or because they think 1.6.0.1 was rad.

And there is no steal inventory bug. We had to reset some peoples inventory because they became full of the infamous invisible magazines. If we didn't reset your inventory then you wouldn't be able to login. Some of you are still running old versions of dayz_equip, and are still having the same issues. You guys need to update. I played for an hour with basically no issues just before.

THE ALL SEEING ROCKET HAS SPOKEN. It's the server admins faults there are no bugs in the game at all * snicker * everything is fine now.

quit after zombie came to me, when i was downhill and he was somewhere after that hill and we even can not hear or see each other.....got borken smthng, sand watch and, of course, death. 1.7.1.2 ftw...

Rocket' date=' I got 2 small suggestions.

1) You should make the hatchet go back in the utility slot, and from your inventory you can right click it to chop / harvest wood like you use to normally, or you can right click it to equip it as a melee weapon.

2) you should do the same thing with the crowbar, and also as a future feature / suggestion, you can make the crowbar able to pry open locked doors (like when you make all the unenterable buildings enterable) or make it so you can lock doors as a future feature, could also use the crowbar to break / pry things as well? (ie if you eventually make it so you can make keys for and lock vehicles, or if you make like lockable boxes, crates, chests, etc that you can store things in)

Would also be nice in the future if the zombies had to break down doors etc instead of opening them or just walking through them.

[/quote']

The engine might prevent that and that's why he has it the way it is. Not sure. Anyways, if what your suggesting is in fact an engine limitation, then I think the hatchet should at least go in the sidearm slot. It shouldn't take up the main weapon slot just to get wood for cooking.

Rocket' date=' I got 2 small suggestions.

[/quote']

The engine might prevent that and that's why he has it the way it is. Not sure. Anyways, if what your suggesting is in fact an engine limitation, then I think the hatchet should at least go in the sidearm slot. It shouldn't take up the main weapon slot just to get wood for cooking.

possibly, just a suggestion, just throwing it out there!

The noice you make is extremely incresed I see, I get detected by zombies 50 meters away while crouch walking, is it suppose to be like this? This is not fun what so ever :/

Felt like the game went from medium to EXTREME difficulty, this ruined the game totally for me.

I had survived for pretty damn long but 15 minutes with this patch and I was dead.