rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

sort of agree about axes

1) axes/crowbars shouldn't have ammo

2) axes/crowbar ammo should NOT spawn as ammo pouches and take up 2m of area.

3) axe SHOULD take up multiple slots in inventory, having primary/pistol + melee weapon is excessive.

HOWEVER hatchet for wood was a good idea. not sure about a solution here.

another thing i noticed

4) couldnt find FOOD for a good 30 mins, food/drink is very very rare.

sort of agree about axes

1) axes/crowbars shouldn't have ammo

2) axes/crowbar ammo should NOT spawn as ammo pouches and take up 2m of area.

3) axe SHOULD take up multiple slots in inventory' date=' having primary/pistol + melee weapon is excessive.

HOWEVER hatchet for wood was a good idea. not sure about a solution here.

another thing i noticed

4) couldnt find FOOD for a good 30 mins, food/drink is very very rare.

[/quote']

I dont really understand the problem with the 4th one....lrn2hunt

I'm having a strange problem with the crowbar, where I can't reload (it resetted ammo to 0 after I applied the new hotfix). Will see whether it persists or not.

Also, a friend of mine has been experiencing FPS issues, anyone else with the same problem? Might be a problem on server/clientside though.

I appreciate that food/drink doesn't continue to trickle away while offline, especially now with it getting rarer.

Noticed that sound has been ramped up a lot, but did not see in the patch notes. And not seeing any loot spawn.

EDIT: Just fought off 45-50 zombies before I Aborted because of how crazy the sound is right now. They just kept coming. Too loud imo. Just because you hear a shot, does not mean you know EXACTLY where the shot came from. They were easily coming from across the city. (Watched from the window.)

I have a few bugs in 1.7.1.4.

Had the hatch before the update now i cant drop it, and need ammo to hit with it.

Found a rifle cant change it with the hatch, tryed to put it in my bag, could get the ammo there but rifle disepeard when i put that in.

FPS has dropped alot.

Crawl is now in 2 speeds, but no sight bar (had 1 before update)

And now i got killed typing this.

keep up the good work.

Have noticed that sometimes when you get hit and bleed the HUD does not show you are bleeding but you can see blood flowing out of you.

Logged out and back in a few minutes later with nearly 9k blood lost and was now showing hud bleeding.

ooo nice little subtle addition. I don't kill others that often so I'm not sure when it was added, but being able to see the name of the person you killed with study body is nice. I just remember seeing unknown all the time. Now to just remove the damn message: "some douche bag" was killed" My bad if this was added some other time. Haven't been playing or killing that much recently. (probably has been in for awhile so please consider removing the message)

FPS dropped like crazy as Z's were looking for me. Even after they left. Went 30+ down to 8 fps. Had to quit. Tried flushing it didn't help.

Z's seem crazy aware again as well. Wasn't really trying to be all sneaky, but I was being spotted from, I'd say, < 50ft wearing a ghillie in the rain. I love it. :D

Also, started with (not a fresh spawn):

0OeX8.jpg

got kicked the minute i entered an updated server with battle #1 restriction, wtf is that?

How about halving the axe drops' date=' upping the crowbar drops and making the axe a utility item only and the crowbar a melee weapon only?

[/quote']

Yes that could also work since it would leave us with old good hatchet for wood chopping and fresh starting players would have crowbar as last resort weapon.

So far i wish i didn't install 1.7.1.4

joined the first server, lost both my weapons, joined 5 other servers, kicked for script violation.

join the last server, spawn in debug.

so now i guess the only way for me to leave this place is to die.

Damn' date=' sound bars on crouch have been increased too much. Zs aggro me from like 40m away around buildings and stuff.

[/quote']

I like it

You guys realize that alpha games/mods have these kinds of problems all the time right? You should EXPECT this kind of thing when something new is added, this is the whole purpose of alpha and beta.

ROCKET URGENT BUG:

[NEW] Once infected lose line-of-sight they will try investigate where you are

Causes massive lag. I gradually managed to lose an army of zeds chasing me, and as i did my fps slowly decreased to <10. I figured this was something to do witht he above change so sprinted as far from the area as i could and after a couple of 100m my fps returned to normal (zeds despawning).

clearly the investigate script is causing substantial lag

Crowbars and hatchet's is supposed to look like shot-gun shells, and not be able to pick up? :D

ROCKET URGENT BUG:

[NEW] Once infected lose line-of-sight they will try investigate where you are

Causes massive lag. I gradually managed to lose an army of zeds chasing me' date=' and as i did my fps slowly decreased to <10. I figured this was something to do witht he above change so sprinted as far from the area as i could and after a couple of 100m my fps returned to normal (zeds despawning).

clearly the investigate script is causing substantial lag

[/quote']

I believe I experienced this as well. I didn't realise what was causing it at the time, but my fps dropped from 50 to 19 until I left the area.

I killed a player in 1.7.1.4

Before I had time to even mouse wheel over his body it sunk into the ground.

I had no morphine and he broke my legs. He also had a gun I wanted. Why, Rocket, why

I don't know how it happened. When I died and then respawned... I was back where I died with all my weapons in inventory... BUT my body was laying on the ground with the same equipment lol. So it duplicated!? :) nice... This happened twice!

One time, when I started playing again and spawned to my last location. I had different stuff.

It was like I had someone else's gear. Map, Compass, watch!

Sorry if this was TOO offtopic, those were bugs though .

yeah i'd suggest screw all investigation scripts and stuff like that (we are hotfixing right). Once a zed loses LOS just have him revert to random roaming again. Chances are he might even roam towards you anyway.