rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

tonic since when cost money to put a file in a filehoster? you dont need to be premium to download in mediafire or even zippyshare. (miss you megaupload)

I could be wrong, but if the DayZ dev team used a free resource like mediafire to host commercial updates for their mod, they could get in trouble. This is simply a guess, and I could be completely wrong. I'm just using common sense, and it's telling me that mediafire wouldn't be very happy if this was taking place.

Found one problem, killed 2 people, didnt give me a murder or a bandit kill. Not even a message in the chat saying they've been killed

BUG: Zombies spot through buildings, come from all around... Died in 1 minute.

I lost my M4 rifle with 40mm grenade launcher + all magazines for it + all SD magazines for my m4 SD in my backpack. Also lost G17 pistol + all magazines and gain makarov with 3 magazines :D And now im stuck in the middle of NW airfield control tower with 5k blood, no food or drink (since they were gone also) and without any bullets (control tower was full of zombies so i used all my 3 makarov magazines) and no loot is spawning near me so i could get rearmed :D

If you need the download, go grab the torrent if at all possible - takes a few tries for the request to go through, but the torrent file is small so we are putting less strain on the servers than trying to get the whole damn thing down. I will be seeding with 15 mb/s, for at least a couple of hours and on request later (grab me on Steam, or through PMs here).

I can also send you the .torrent file if you are having issues, but in that case have patience as I may not be able to reply right away.

I just killed a guy, his body insta disappeared.

Got no kill nor was there a message in chat.

Yet there are flies around where I killed him.

Thanks for fast release rocket, will look forward to next.

Lost hatched from my inventory after the hotfix. When I try and pick one up I get an inventory full message then I automatically use my binos

I have six spaces free in my webbing

people complaining about not being able to download, dont panic theres only like 2 servers running atm, and only being able to keep connection for 10 minutes

I don't know if its just me. Or is this new 1.7.1.4 update making FPS much worse?

Just before the update FPS would go down to 10fps sometimes, but know its like all the time.

But yeah... zombies now really do try to search you. And what I heard. One zombie did use ladder lol.

This occurred in the 1.7.1.2 update and I don't see it listed/fixed here.

During last town firefight, pressing "R" to reload my M1911 did not change to a new magazine until the current magazine was empty (previous, "R" loaded a full magazine or one with the highest round count).

Axe as it is now is very bad. I mean it does not go to utility space and it is very unpleasant to have it in backpack, take it up instead of rifle to harvest wood.

Can we have different type for axe for fighting and another for wood chopping as it was before?

Also when you drop some stuff then it randomly spawns a lot of hatchets and crowbars with shotgun icon.

Other than problem with axe, I love the new update.

Both me and my friend is getting huge fps lag if we are/have been chased by a couple of zombies. Should be the new update that did this.

Im still " Waiting on host " , for 30+ minutes, on multiple servers. I cant even manage to connect, and i have the latest version. I literally slowly watched as the server list went from grey, to white. Yet' still i cant connect to them.

is " waiting for host " terms for " there are 5-8 people Qued infront of you to join?, is that why i wait at this screen for 30 mins to no avail?.

Axe as it is now is very bad. I mean it does not go to utility space and it is very unpleasant to have it in backpack' date=' take it up instead of rifle to harvest wood.

Can we have different type for axe for fighting and another for wood chopping as it was before?

Also when you drop some stuff then it randomly spawns a lot of hatchets and crowbars with shotgun icon.

Other than problem with axe, I love the new update.

[/quote']

I agree, two different axes.

not working at all, all servers on 1.7.1.4, arma says theyre not on 1.7.1.4 and when i do connect i spawn in the middle of nowehere and sometimes cant move ^^

tonic since when cost money to put a file in a filehoster? you dont need to be premium to download in mediafire or even zippyshare. (miss you megaupload)

I could be wrong' date=' but if the DayZ dev team used a free resource like mediafire to host commercial updates for their mod, they could get in trouble. This is simply a guess, and I could be completely wrong. I'm just using common sense, and it's telling me that mediafire wouldn't be very happy if this was taking place.

[/quote']

Nope. File hosters dont care what is put up as long as A: It doesnt break any laws and B: Someone doesnt make a claim for it to be taken down. They make most of their money from advertising so they will take any traffic they can get. I think Tonic was just referring to the cost of a premium account, since many sites now put annoying limits on free users like only allowing a small amount of bandwidth per month.

On that note, I just grabbed this from the torrent and uploaded it to Zippyshare and Verzend for anyone who has problems with p2p.

http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/46012384/file.html

http://verzend.be/kdp0ixdzz3rx/DayZ-1.7.1.4.rar.html

If you dont trust then dont download, but I literally finished the torrent and uploaded it instantly. Virus scan / check CRCs if you want.

How about halving the axe drops, upping the crowbar drops and making the axe a utility item only and the crowbar a melee weapon only?

Really the only difference between the two from what I can tell is the model and animation?

Enjoying it so far, except for the aggro range for Z's is a bit crazy now.. don't think it was this patch, may have been a couple back. They aggro from miles away, even if you crouch walk. The sight/hearing is messed up I think to as I walked from the edge of the woods (3 bars sight) to the middle of a freeway and went to 1 bar sight.

Daytime lighting seems borked....I was in a town and when looking one way it was wayyyyy to dark.

Zombies seem to see me in buildings to easy, hell they seem to see me just way to easy overall now....

Ok... my PDW + 6 magazines and M4A3 CCO with 6 magazines + assorted other items just... disappeared from my inventory. What I have instead now is a makarov with three mags and a bag of blood.

Bug : me and my brother started without any primary weapon so we lost that, and our secondary weapon changed to a makarov with 3 mags, all our bandages were removed so that kinda sucks :P just letting u know!