rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

Sound does not work for me or my friend, may be that the torrent package includes the OLD SFX package.

Sound does not work for me or my friend' date=' may be that the torrent package includes the OLD SFX package.

[/quote']

Make sure you're running the correct version and that the server you're on is running the same version. Often times if the versions don't match, you'll get no in-game sound. There is usually a very faint message (almost like a watermark) in the center of the screen telling you you're using the wrong version.

Other than that, no idea.

Low fps in cities.

Low fps when Z's are chasing you.

Low fps when they are searching for you.

(Back to normal fps when the stop searching or server unloads them)

Very high detecion radius. They detect you even in prone mode. (Don't know if intended)

Haven't tested yet the melee weapons.

You can escape them easly if you enter a building and wait for them to go inside and then run out.

Does anyone have problems with zombies? I'm crouch walking and I still aggro them from cca. 20 meters away..that never happened before patch 1.7.1.4

Yeah, indeed, its impossible to play.

They never go away, they can see you from 300m away, they can see you through buildings, walls, they can hear you from 300m away, they can hear you through buildings and they keep looking for you.

In 5 minutes i have to had 40 of them killed and hided in a barn, when i left the barn still had 12 of them outside and, obviously killed me.

And the hatchet is bugged. When you get it you need to do something like reload it. And in despair times the last thing you wanna do is reload your hatchet.

[attachment=1175]

[attachment=1176]

Hey Rocket,

I am thinking it might be a good time to split your code into channels, one called stable and one called dev, this lets you put out a stable release for people that want to just play, and the rest that want to report bugs and test can run on dev. The whole "it's alpha" thing doesn't work when you have such a large userbase that just wants to play. From the sounds of it you are struggling with code management too, having to release big fixes with new features because you can't separate the new code. Proper version control systems such as git make this stuff pretty easy to manage.

I know this might seem like an early step to take at this point, but making the leap to stable/dev channels will make everyones lives easier.

Unplayable - Its impossible to sneak past zombies.

Going back to 1.6.0.1 until an update comes out that is reasonable with the aggro detection..

Inventory wiped except for pack contents. Defaulted to this "standard" kit that everyone seems to be getting when they get wiped on login.

So long M14 :(

Various things dropping from main and side arm slots after picking up various bits of loot.

Zed's heard me from 50m+ away with a building between us whilst crouched. Personnally I prefered the 1.7.1.2 with LOS on zed's.

And I have had the crash with no error message does anyone else have this problem?

Just that windows said that arma stopped working. Got all the latest patches ie. 1.7.1.4 and beta 93825

The fps slow down a lot whenever zombies present now. Even more if they are actively engaged in the player.

On the flip-side it runs much better when there are no zombies.

Suggestion......when you release an update and then a hotfix...DONT ADD NEW THINGS TO THE HOTFIX......every single time a hotfix has come out you've added 3-4 new things that cause a problem. Keep the new things for a proper update.

I know you want us to test things but its getting kind of hard when we keep losing everything to find the motivation.

I'm also receiving random buffers every minute or so.

fps drop on a respawn

hatchet not working very well, if at all

Also zombies have super hearing if your walking etc. but seem completely oblivious to gun shots now

Yeah zombies Detection radius for sight alone is ridiculous, i wasn't at least 100m away crouch running (no exaggeration) and they immediately aggro ed me.

Hatchets so far i noticed to be fine, but when ur in the open field and try to hit a zombie in front of you it misses like 3 times while ur getting hit. :@

but when there walking inside i 1 hit swing kill them with 100% accuracy. My opinion is to make hatchet a side arm. :D

overall, the zombies make entering towns unbelievably hard, and losing zombies can be a chore due to the fact that they aggro real fast, so when i do just lose like say 9 if i even attempt to go prone to get away they still see men from 30-40m. :huh:

NOT a rant:@ just FEEDBACK :)

(Not to mention the seeing through walls still a problem)

Zombie Range is insane!! Have to crawl everywhere.

lets stop repeating things here. i think rocket gets the point.

I'm not having problems with the Z detection radius, my gear on login was the same (cz550, m1911 and assorted goodies). I have notice an FPS improvement from 1.7.0 as well.

Looking good from here.

Infected seeing me from 50 meters and 100 meters away is this normal?

Yeah' date=' indeed, its impossible to play.

They never go away, they can see you from 300m away, they can see you through buildings, walls, they can hear you from 300m away, they can hear you through buildings and they keep looking for you.

In 5 minutes i have to had 40 of them killed and hided in a barn, when i left the barn still had 12 of them outside and, obviously killed me.

And the hatchet is bugged. When you get it you need to do something like reload it. And in despair times the last thing you wanna do is reload your hatchet.

[/quote']

So you approach a barn full of zombies while crouch running and dont expect to be detected?

AND EVERYONE WHINING "whaa zombies saw me" LEARN TO SLOW THE FUCK DOWN, HOLY FUCK. I played for a good hour in towns and didn't aggro a single zombie

I just saw one zed running through a wall from inside a building like 50m away to attack me and when i got inside, zeds started to spawn around the building and coming inside and, obviously, nothing to defend myself.

We should know how to kick them at least.

You, sir Rocket, just brought the hell to earth.

If that was your intention sir, then, you succeded with your crowd of super-zeds-spawing-from-nowhere.

Not fun on testing anymore.

[/quote']

So you approach a barn full of zombies while crouch running and dont expect to be detected?

Honestly no...what good is crouch running if you have to be a football field away to use it?

[/quote']

Nope man, i was running from zeds and got inside the barn to kill some. And so i did, but they couldnt stop from spawning around, as you can see in my second picture, so i runned to another barn and took a picture from that one and took a hatchet and went out.

Hey Rocket,

Got the Battleye kicked for script restriction #1 Message 2 times in about 1 hour.

The bug where you take a special item like a map will still force you to lay down items such as ammunition.

Keep up the good work !!

Booted it up and found myself in an Apartment building on the third floor. I took a few steps while crouch walking and drew the aggro of 2 zombies, one on the 2nd floor below me and one outside of the building.

Either crouch running is producing too much sound as a bug, or zombies are too sensitive to hearing now. The few posts I read about Zs flooding in from the other side of town lets me think it's the latter, but who knows. None of my items were blorked and my FPS only dipped a bit when those two Zs went searching for me (I went prone in one of the rooms above).