mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer blog 26th April, Video from PAX and our latest "building"

Thanks guys for the work!

I would place the boat simply on the shore. A need to swim to it would make it a too fancy camper bandit position.

I personally think it would fit best in the new added Utes island, because there is a lot of new place to make it interesting.

Greets and keep up the good stuff!

I'm thinking that probably the best location for the shipwreck is at Pobeda dam, it's pretty far away and it's a cool place to locate it, it could give to the zone a better position over others at the north of the map as Berezino or NEAS.

Edited by Guisho

Mother of god... Rocket fulfilled our request for a shipwreck. He is the greatest dev ever!

Video in 1:26:21

"HEY ROCKET!"

*Rocket looks*

"I know you mentioned player defecation, will we be able to hang our butts out of vehicles like helicopters and crop dust?"

Highlight of the whole video. I can't wait to see next Tuesday's video

• Like 1

Mother of god... Rocket fulfilled our request for a shipwreck. He is the greatest dev ever!

This is all subjective. I am still waiting for confirmation of the ability to craft ammunition via a handloading kit of some kind

http://cheaperthandi...ng-starter-kit.

What's the point of having a shipwreck if you can't craft your own ammo in small quantities? Pointless, if you ask me.

These two features go together like peas in a pod or white on rice, as the saying goes.

Edited by codestargod

And I'll be nowhere for the 2-3 months after its release.....unless it goes on sale cuz im a cheap bastard.

I'll gift you a copy for a lap dance my beanz needs a copy

Okay, now that we have the Titanic (or whatever you want to name that leviathan) can we please have working flush toilets in the bars? After consuming 35 cans of beans I really have to go!

• Like 2

This is all subjective. I am still waiting for confirmation of the ability to craft ammunition via a handloading kit of some kind

http://cheaperthandi...ng-starter-kit.

What's the point of having a shipwreck if you can't craft your own ammo in small quantities? Pointless, if you ask me.

These two features go together like peas in a pod or white on rice, as the saying goes.

If they put handloading in... /jizz

Pun totally intended...

Should certainly be a kit one needs to piece together or an end-game thing, hard to imagine lugging around handloading equipment.

Okay, now that we have the Titanic (or whatever you want to name that leviathan) can we please have working flush toilets in the bars? After consuming 35 cans of beans I really have to go!

No flushing toilets, it will insult my fecal bomb trap.

I thought as soon as they got the base features ready they will release it? I dont care about a boat although it is nice I want the glitches foxed when I drive threw elektro with my mates and they desync and get killed

I thought as soon as they got the base features ready they will release it?

Yes, that's correct. You don't have all your other staff sitting around doing nothing because you are waiting on your lead programmers to finish the engine architecture though. You have them working on other tasks in the mean time. If the artists are there, why not have them working?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

If they put handloading in... /jizz

Pun totally intended...

Should certainly be a kit one needs to piece together or an end-game thing, hard to imagine lugging around handloading equipment.

You'd need to find a quiet, sturdy place away from zeds like a base to set up the kit and start grinding out custom rounds in small batches.

You'd also need to find or collect spent casings from abandoned crates, a mould and lead, primers, gunpowder (which could be used to make explosives/boobytraps as well) and most importantly, a handloading manual with the info needed for various rounds you intend to produce, so you know what you are doing and don't kill yourself in the process, or destroy your weapon.

Custom rounds could be super-charged for more damage with a higher chance of misfire, jams, maiming and weapon destruction, or lower charged for less range/impact, but kinder on the weapon.

The more experience one has in doing this, the better the odds and the more rounds you could make.

Now how you like them apples, yea?

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 2

Ammo making. I don't know... I love the details that the military simulator uses (bullet drop, hunger/thirst) but when you start to tweak the game to simulate everything, those extreme details might interfere with fluid gameplay.

Though, I still think the game designers should allow for survivors to toss banana peels behind them to slip-up the Zeds on your heels.

• Like 4

I still think the game designers should allow for survivors to toss banana peels behind them to slip-up the Zeds on your heels.

+1

South of Prigorodki

lord god no. theres enough deathmatching down there already. give us more reasons to go up north, put it up there somewhere. near NEAF perhaps? tbh i dont care where you put it, as long as its nowhere near cherno or elektro. the more incentive to go up north the better. and im not talkign about AS50 snipers at NW. please just get rid of those military snipers. they ruin the atmosphere and the sense of tension. imo the only sniper should be a CZ550, all the other ones just give you the opportunity to hide on a hill 500 metres away in a ghillie suit, where the other guy has no idea you're there, and has absolutely no chance. if players have mainly low-grade weapons then action will be so more intense. i wanna shit bricks when i see someone with an AK when i've only got a revolver. please take some advice from dayZ 2017, that mod has it almost nailed.
  • Like 1

lord god no. theres enough deathmatching down there already. give us more reasons to go up north, put it up there somewhere. near NEAF perhaps? tbh i dont care where you put it, as long as its nowhere near cherno or elektro. the more incentive to go up north the better. and im not talkign about AS50 snipers at NW. please just get rid of those military snipers. they ruin the atmosphere and the sense of tension. imo the only sniper should be a CZ550, all the other ones just give you the opportunity to hide on a hill 500 metres away in a ghillie suit, where the other guy has no idea you're there, and has absolutely no chance. if players have mainly low-grade weapons then action will be so more intense. i wanna shit bricks when i see someone with an AK when i've only got a revolver. please take some advice from dayZ 2017, that mod has it almost nailed.

Not to de-rail the thread, but if the ONLY scope was a CZ-550, I feel it would actually ruin the intensity even more.

Of course, I'm all for removing the current anti-materiel rifles (AS-50 and M107 as well as the DMR, which isn't in service any more.) and they should probably make the SVD Camo just a regular SVD. However, the CZ-550 shouldn't be the ONLY one, it is really suspenseful knowing that you could be watched from a hill by a sniper. It ruins the point if the only thing the guy has is a slow ass hunting rifle.

• Like 1

Only crossbows. ...and that boomerang knife thing that was used in MadMax. Oh, and the Krull "throwing blades" Yeah - just those weapons. Okay, and sharks with lasers. But that's it!

• Like 1

You'd need to find a quiet, sturdy place away from zeds like a base to set up the kit and start grinding out custom rounds in small batches.

You'd also need to find or collect spent casings from abandoned crates, a mould and lead, primers, gunpowder (which could be used to make explosives/boobytraps as well) and most importantly, a handloading manual with the info needed for various rounds you intend to produce, so you know what you are doing and don't kill yourself in the process, or destroy your weapon.

Custom rounds could be super-charged for more damage with a higher chance of misfire, jams, maiming and weapon destruction, or lower charged for less range/impact, but kinder on the weapon.

The more experience one has in doing this, the better the odds and the more rounds you could make.

Now how you like them apples, yea?

Them's some real juicy apples :beans:

Sort of off topic but what is the logic/story behind all the foreign weapons in Chernarus?

Sort of off topic but what is the logic/story behind all the foreign weapons in Chernarus?

When the mod was made I don't think much thought went into that TBH, it wasn't really expected to be very successful. The SA should provide us with some nice backstory though for those wanting to find books/clues ect.

• Like 1