r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

awesome patch, hats off to you guys.

DayZ is scary again, survival is difficult but not impossible, it must be tricky to strike the right balance and for me at least this patch has got things pretty much bang on. Of course there are a few minor problems but when haven't there been?

Keep up the good work.

Edited by (MUC) Feral
  • Like 1

I guess it's to be expected that many will feel the changes that have been made are too much because they never experienced what the gameplay was like in the first place. I feel the new patch is pretty close to what Dean intended this mod to be like from the beginning. It actually feels you're in a zombie apocalypse as opposed to a large deathmatch arena. Obviously, there are some issues that needs to be looked at and some tweaks need to be made but the basic idea around the new patch is a big step in the right direction. Zeds should be feared of and every loot run should be carefully planned to avoid getting noticed. Picking a train of zombies and going into cherno/elektro where you're guaranteed to find 10x more stuff than you could possibly carry should definitely not be the optimal tactic.

• Like 2

Found a problem I don't know if it happens to all helis or just the MH6J_DZ but you cannot repair the hull anymore it says, "You need a to repair this" Soooo i opened dayz_code and found the repairparts.hpp and there is nothing in there for hull or missiles, I don't think the missiles effect the integrity of the vehicle but the Hull definitely does.

I also like to add that the chopper will continue to leak fuel since you are unable to fully repair the hull. I hope the fix this soon.

Wait. It's been 3 days now and no news from the devs on a fix.

Is this it? Will things stay as they are with patch 1.7.7?

After learning of the tent-rest method to have a chance at curing infection (it actually worked for me), I think 1.7.7 is tough yet balanced--best zed/loot settings yet.

• Like 1

I hardly play at all anymore, I just manage a server.

**from the reports of our players

the main issue seems to be the lack of weaponholders (loot). players are putting in alot hours and coming up with hardly any loot. I noticed somewhere in this thread that the loot would not be changed. thats fine, but I thought you should know what our biggest complaints have been about. many people are getting discouraged after playing all evening and not having much to show for it. this game has many aspects, but you cannot deny that people enjoy hunting for loot/gear, w/e you want to call it. I did not realize 1.7.6.1 had any problems with how loot was spawning, everyone seemed to like it. this is a drastic change from 1.7.6.1

the other issues being discussed here are also important of course. just sharing what our community has been talking about the most.

thnx

• Like 5

I hardly play at all anymore, I just manage a server.

**from the reports of our players

the main issue seems to be the lack of weaponholders (loot). players are putting in alot hours and coming up with hardly any loot. I noticed somewhere in this thread that the loot would not be changed. thats fine, but I thought you should know what our biggest complaints have been about. many people are getting discouraged after playing all evening and not having much to show for it. this game has many aspects, but you cannot deny that people enjoy hunting for loot/gear, w/e you want to call it. I did not realize 1.7.6.1 had any problems with how loot was spawning, everyone seemed to like it. this is a drastic change from 1.7.6.1

the other issues being discussed here are also important of course. just sharing what our community has been talking about the most.

thnx

Leave the damn coast if you want loot 30 minutes after the restart

I don't mean to be flip, but this patch has ruined the game for me. Make it harder, count me in. Make it unfun and unbalanced with horrible risk/reward? Not so much.

What was a zombie survival simulator is now a death simulator.

I'm a super cautious player, but even with all the crouching and crawling around, zombies keep spawning at ridiculous rates, mostly in small villages (how does that make sense?), and converging on my position. All the proactive moving around, in some areas, is hopeless.

I had to wait while 12 zombies, one after the other, all went into the basic house on the edge of town. Then it's run in, loot the tin cans, and get out before I get trapped in there by the next wave. Not even remotely entertaining or satisfying.

The strong zombies should not be the increased virals. Zombies on the ground should not be able to knock me down when I run around them. Zombies should not sleep on piles of loot aka empty cans.

When I first got sick, I hunted meat and made my way to Elektro. It took a bit of time. Oops. Nothing in the hospital.

This only encourages KoS as medical supplies are so rare.

"Hardcore" players will say good, that I'm not good enough. Or that this is like the old days. Really? This unbalanced patch is like the old days?

Simply, all of the zombie related changes, from making them harder to ditch to making increased viral zombies tougher than the others to making them all enter empty buildings, is too much. Add the lack of loot, starting backpack, and difficulty in consistently finding hatchets after spawning, and it's much too much.

This does not improve the odds of the standalone doing well. If I were to pick up dayz now for the first time, I'd think it was a nice experiment, but I'd not have the passion that I have garnered for it so far. I hope this is not what the standalone will be like as I was until now a pre-purchase day 1.

I know patches are followed by patches that patch those patches. But for me, I'm rolling back pre-1.7.7 until a new patch is released.

PS: The game doesn't feel "scarier" to me now. It just feels unbalanced and unfair.

Edited by need matches
  • Like 6

I admin on a server and we are going to roll back . The player base we have all dont lke the new changes . The infection rate esp is stupid

Love the patch, love the Infected.

Zombies are very hard to lose aggro however, I think the '100m vision range' has fucked with the line-of-sight mechanics again.

Loot spawns could be a tad better, but that's honestly a minor niggle, my brother and I are getting by just fine. It was only when we hit up two hospitals after a server restart and found nothing but 2 painkillers, 4 bandages and a pair of epi-pens that we just said "Well, that sucks..."

hello

I remember that in the patch notes was mentioned largen numbers on the compass, but now i cant see that listed?

Wait. It's been 3 days now and no news from the devs on a fix.

Is this it? Will things stay as they are with patch 1.7.7?

Here http://dayzmod.com/f...ling-changelog/

I heartily recommend everyone clicks that link, razor has just updated what they have planned. ;)

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

Another thing i noticed today, i couldnt place a tent under a tree, you try and get a message " must place tent on a flat surface away from other objects"

Do you know what that means, the tents will be visible from moon now, how are we suposed to hide them, stashes are nice, but they dont hold much and sandbags are super hard to find?

Another thing: Iwent to Cherno and Electro, both had some 10 zeds each . Balota had 4. Zelenogorsk had 0, despite me shooting in air and searching amongst buildings.It was a ghost town.

Found a canned pork there tho.

Than i went South to Pavlovo and there i was atacked by a horde of some 20+ zombies, and they kept respawning? Why such difences in zed population.

Later found a heli and tried to fly but it was parked in trees so it exploded but when it did i got kicked out of game, when i reconected heli was a crash but i was not injured, nice glitch :)

Edited by marko4231
  • Like 1

I guess it's to be expected that many will feel the changes that have been made are too much because they never experienced what the gameplay was like in the first place. I feel the new patch is pretty close to what Dean intended this mod to be like from the beginning. It actually feels you're in a zombie apocalypse as opposed to a large deathmatch arena. Obviously, there are some issues that needs to be looked at and some tweaks need to be made but the basic idea around the new patch is a big step in the right direction. Zeds should be feared of and every loot run should be carefully planned to avoid getting noticed. Picking a train of zombies and going into cherno/elektro where you're guaranteed to find 10x more stuff than you could possibly carry should definitely not be the optimal tactic.

I've been playing since last may, I know what the game was like then, an unbalanced buggy trial, that showed some promise.

If you like it like that then fine for you. But the game will fail.

Crafting a game should be like calving a sculpture, take a bit off at a time until its right, not cutting it in half and building it up again, that way you end up with something easily fractured. This has gone from one extreme off way to easy to the other, zeds are bugged, and should not have super powers, in fact their reach should be reduced to help stop the attacking through walls.

The step forward swipe animation allows then to attack through walls currently,

The 10 ft invisible arm extensions are dumb.

The super speed that the decaying bodies get is ridiculous,

The fact that the game engine allowance for them to run uphill faster than you is stupid, your running for your life, your not going to slow down when your being chased, they just want to hug you, so who's going to have the most will.!!!

The enhanced eye sight they get especially at night is daft,

If I can't smell the decay walking around due to the limit of technology (no smelly vision), then zeds should not be able to use smell, as it seems they now track by the smell emanating from the trouser area.

Yes the game should be harder than 1.7.6.1

But why not roll out the changes one at a time so it can be balanced, not just pile out a load that all add up to a massive breaking of the game

• Like 3

Another thing i noticed today, i couldnt place a tent under a tree, you try and get a message " must place tent on a flat surface away from other objects"

Do you know what that means, the tents will be visible from moon now, how are we suposed to hide them, stashes are nice, but they dont hold much and sandbags are super hard to find?

Being able to place tent concealed has always been a bug.

It is now at least working correctly.

Tents have never been a secure way of storing items, you just have to find a less travelled path and hope your lucky.

Hiding tents in trees, bushes and underwater were always exploits, I'm amazed that they have been able to fix this.

Stashes should be the only way of securing extra items, but lets face it, they don't want people refitting easily.

Just carry a tent to help cure infection

Or store the tent in a stash, and hope you can get back there.

I'ed be more amazed if they changed the zeds animations to help prevent them attacking through walls (reducing their attack range would be a start)

And slowed the animations down, which would help.

• Like 1

Leave the damn coast if you want loot 30 minutes after the restart

Not everyone will agree with me, but I and some other people find it hard to leave the coast in 1.7.7. Why? Like I said in my first post on page 18, spawncampers and bandits come to the coast with their DMRs, machine guns, AKMs, M14s, M9 SD (and many other weapons) and kill totally defenseless fresh spawns. Talking about Call of Duty (Modern Warfare 2), this situation reminds me of mission called "No Russian" (many of you hate CoD series for no reason, but if you don't get what I am talking about, watch a video about the mission on YouTube). If you agree with me, if you have seen or/and have been killed by such bandits, if these bandits and spawncampers don't let you leave the coast, do not hesitate to give me some beans :D. Otherwise, feel free to criticise me and my reply as much as you want to.

• Like 2

I like how hard it is at first when you spawn because there are some zombies spawned and visiting in some houses. Also those random zombies in the forest are nice addition.

nhf guys

but i have a feeling that some people don't have imagination and don't know how to play, what to do, except running in Elektro from firehouse to firehouse x10

a suggestion, when spawned in Kamenka dont go on the nearest bridge or lighthouse and comit subside, go little on north visit a couple deer stands, find M24 i one of them, visit some residential house find ghille, and go to Eletro, Cherno whatever and counter snip those Bandits snipers and spawncampers or something...

be creative ffs

The Zed's have been shit in this game since it's begining.

The core problem of DayZ has been the fact that it tries to do something original engine wasn't meant to do. Melee. Zombies used to spread out and zig-zag towards you like soldiers. Pathfinding is limited to following players' steps. They need to be fast in order to perform any threat to players, and it causes clitchyness like warping, poor hit detection etc. If they would be really slow they wouldnt be any harder obstacle than a fence.

I hate this fucking zeds! I wish there were none. From all video games mobs DayZ zeds are the most annoying to me. There should be a Battle Royale mod with no annoying zeds, just pure loot'n'kill. That would be a decent challenge. (I know about Wasteland. It's not the same!) Then there should be a mod with loads of normal moving zeds, you can slaughter with your friends. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but that would make much more sense. Coop-Fun against hordes of stupid zombies or gunfights against human opponents. Both together could be cool too, but not with a game running shitty like DayZ.

Maybe it's just me thinking but since CoD kids appeared to DayZ the standards of players and community came down like an avalanche from Mt. Everest. THIS. ISN'T. COD. WITH. BEANS. This is surprising - it seems to be really impossible task for so many people nowadays to play regular Arma2/3 in multiplayer. Why they have to contaminate everything they try and force every game or mod into the same arcade mold?

If you recognize these features from yourself, congrats, take an energy drink.

"This added pve content seriously disturbs my n00b shooting sessions"

"BWAAAAHHHH WHEREZ MY .50 CAL WEAPONS BWAAAHHHH"

"Removal of thermal vision guns forced me to quit DZ"

"Why there are zombies when there are players to be killed"

"I hate eating/drinking, remove it, game is too hard"

"everything is too hard, fix it"

"ADD BAZOOKA TO THE GAME"

"1.7.7 server now with 750 vehicles, everyone spawns with sniper, +1000 % more antibiotics, regular pvp contests + ATV races"

Edited by Kuikka
  • Like 1

just tried the update last night....and i am not really impressed

the knockdown thing seemed liked a good idea, but being forced intro prone everytime you get hit while running is annoying - would be better if it was only a chance of being knocked down, like when out of breath or something

i can understand the reasoning behind lowered loot spawns, but it feels like im in a glitched server as most buildings are pretty empty, thus making the world feel kind of empty

also noticed alot less zombies, in 1 town i couldnt find any. also noticed some zombies will stay in one place for a long time, like at the bottom of a ladder someone went up, came back down and left. was able to go up the ladder myself without them doing anything. also some zombies in other places seemed oblivious to me being there, despite walking right past them

i do like the higher infection rate, but with antibiotics being rare before the patch, and now loot itself being more rare, it seems infection is a death sentence for most players.

i hope this criticism was somewhat constructive

• Like 5

I´m not gonna cry about the zeds being harder in the new patch...its the end of the world so im guessing that wont be like a romantic holiday in some tropical island ! So to me it is perfectly fine and shloud have been done alonge time ago !! however what im not so glad about and what people should cry more about is the GODDAMN FPS LAG ffs it is ironic that the patch said "better performance" now the game runs about the same generaly as 1.7.6.1 but when i drive thru a small town or sometimes anywhere my frames suddenly drops to about 33 -22 and the only way to get the fps reseted is to relog then its normal again the problem is clearly something whit the loot and zombies spawning beeing seriously broken now you the developer have said that people have reported better performance well have you driven thru any town and still have good performance ?? "dont try to fix the things that alredy work fine you will just end up breaking them"

Got to say the infection might be too hard to deal with. Need to eat so much. I've to kill shit load of zombies to get something to eat because I haven't found a knife to gut animals so it might be easier to deal with if I had one :(

The core problem of DayZ has been the fact that it tries to do something original engine wasn't meant to do. Melee. Zombies used to spread out and zig-zag towards you like soldiers. Pathfinding is limited to following players' steps. They need to be fast in order to perform any threat to players, and it causes clitchyness like warping, poor hit detection etc. If they would be really slow they wouldnt be any harder obstacle than a fence.

Maybe it's just me thinking but since CoD kids appeared to DayZ the standards of players and community came down like an avalanche from Mt. Everest. THIS. ISN'T. COD. WITH. BEANS. This is surprising - it seems to be really impossible task for so many people nowadays to play regular Arma2/3 in multiplayer. Why they have to contaminate everything they try and force every game or mod into the same arcade mold?

If you recognize these features from yourself, congrats, take an energy drink.

"This added pve content seriously disturbs my n00b shooting sessions"

"BWAAAAHHHH WHEREZ MY .50 CAL WEAPONS BWAAAHHHH"

"Removal of thermal vision guns forced me to quit DZ"

"Why there are zombies when there are players to be killed"

"I hate eating/drinking, remove it, game is too hard"

"everything is too hard, fix it"

"ADD BAZOOKA TO THE GAME"

"1.7.7 server now with 750 vehicles, everyone spawns with sniper, +1000 % more antibiotics, regular pvp contests + ATV races"

The game was great the first couple of weeks and then the onset of boredom slowly crept in. The environment is too static to keep it refreshing and exciting knowing what loot spawns where coupled with the fact it's the same old items. I believe this is the main reason most players that started out being Mr. Friendly have now become the "bad" guy.

The AS50 and M107 were removed, but I still see complaints in this thread about being killed by other weapons when spawning at the coast. When does it end? Also, now that items like the SUV, MTVR, crates that many private server admins used as care packagaes, different weapons, and other little things that are now banned, the snooze factor just increased.

Face the facts. Pvp is good and it's what has kept this mod from getting kicked into the abyss.

• Like 6

You have good points. End game content is non-existant and drives bored people to the coast sniping n00bs. In my opinion this game needs to offer harsh PVE environment in order to support "good" PVP. With that I mean killing because of food/antibiotics. Why not, people would do that. Stealing a vehicle, that'll do. Raiding hideout, justifiable. It's killing people randomly with "because I can" attitude what drives this pvp to the bottom at rapid speed. Some servers seem to be dedicated to "armed-to-the-teeth in minutes" style and off you go fighting against other players. That's a huge leap from original purpose. I can't stand seeing DayZ being treated just as a normal deathmatch game. And when those pvp maniacs start screaming how their loveable "CoD with beans" is suddenly harder, I can't stand that either.

Edited by Kuikka
  • Like 1

Wow they really did decrease the loot spawns... I found a bike near a spawn point and rode through five different towns, one of them even had a supermarket, and only managed to find two cans of pasta and a machete. On a previous life I broke into a hospital only to notice it had no medical boxes and the floor only had a couple of tin cans on it. It seems that the zeds have really stepped up since dead bodies are everywhere now, even more so than before. I'm really happy that they're becoming a bigger threat, but at the moment they're dangerous in the wrong way. The infection chance is way too high, which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the absence of loot, namely antibiotics. The knockdown is a pain in the backside as well, and it should be more situation-reliant than it is now.

Overall I like the patch though, especially the journal and Study Body finally working properly. The "viral" zeds also sound nice.