Farkinob

Make banditry be punished

OHH HAA HA HAAA

LO HA HA

srs now.

That idea sucks and is likely the brain-child of someone who doesn't know the meaning of the word 'sandbox'.

Why punsih people that play the game at their style of gameplay but on the other hand with you crying thing i think thats stupid i would personally go for a traumtic thing like killing a guy you kinda get shot and afraif for a certain amount of time but after awhile of killing people you get used to it

THERE'S NO CRYING IN THE APOCALYPSE!!!

• Like 3

I'm not for the KoS playstyle and all but that is just...ridiculous.

the last lil itty bit of the post i'm ok with but the rest is just idiotic.

For standalone, it will really suck if it's the same as DayZ now when everybody just shoots on sight. Make it so if you kill somebody your character starts crying or something emotional to help make the player feel bad and for their position to be given away.

Don't make bandits look bad ass/rough either that will just reward the players to do that more.

no thank you!!

For standalone, it will really suck if it's the same as DayZ now when everybody just shoots on sight. Make it so if you kill somebody your character starts crying or something emotional to help make the player feel bad and for their position to be given away.

Don't make bandits look bad ass/rough either that will just reward the players to do that more.

Okay OP so lets pretend for a second that this is a sound idea.

Can you explain why they should be punished?

I KoS one time it was great. Some poor bastard was popping on rounds at a horde following him so i sniped his knee and watched them tear him apart. Beautiful... Anyway when i feel devious i always buddy up with someone and help them out, then when they are picking something up i will pop them in the back of the head with a makarov round. Am i a dick? Sure. Did i start doing it because everyone did it to me? Yes sir!

Am i a dick? Sure. Did i start doing it because everyone did it to me? Yes sir!
That's not a dick. That's the very definition of PUSSY. :lol:

EDIT:

Shouldn't this topic be 'yarded?

The bandits have already been punished with having to put up with this stupid suggestion.

Do the rest of us have to suffer as well?

Edited by Chabowski

Anyway when i feel devious i always buddy up with someone and help them out, then when they are picking something up i will pop them in the back of the head with a makarov round. Am i a dick? Sure. Did i start doing it because everyone did it to me? Yes sir!

:lol:

I don't have any qualms about shooting people on site or stalking numpties that talk in side chat, but I draw the line at betraying or pretending to be friendly or shooting unarmed people.

Each to their own. I think we have a fair idea of the general player view on the "make banditry be punished" issue.

hahaha i can see it now.

'waaaah I just mowed down two people with my AKM! God I'm probably going to have a nervous breakdown after I grenade the car driving towards me.'

The ignorance of some people... Read what he proposed.

The crying is shit, but I agree that bandits/ Heroes shouldn't have their own skin....

I've said it before, but I think humanity should be expressed through facial expressions.

Happy for good humanity, evil looking, for bad humanity.

If the character engine allows that, having killed 1 or 2 people, might not make the difference, but a bandit that's been killing for weeks, will be distinguishable, if you manage to get close enough. It wont stop him from sniping you, but make it more difficult to interact with other players as they might distrust you for it.

But I think clothes for distinguishing how good or bad someone is are already out of the picture. The whole Bandit/Hero system is to be replaced as far as I got it.

The ignorance of some people... Read what he proposed.

The crying is shit, but I agree that bandits/ Heroes shouldn't have their own skin....

Last time i checked, in the real world i have the same skin as everyone else. And boy am i an asshole :D

Are people who kill mercilessly in real life insane. Thats a question that I wish I had an answer for. If that question has a "yes" answer then I think it would be hilarious if in Dayz after killing 100+ people that you get the whole "Eternal Darkness" sanity effect hallucinations going on. Seeing people running around in the distance who arnt really there and the like.

But still thats just something for fun. In reality its the player in RL thats suppost to be the one with bad aim with fear and stuff like that. There really isnt any easy way (or any way at all) of having a system thats fair by enforcing restrictions on peoples playstyles, and no good way of translating peoples assholeish playstyles from a "its a game" mindset to "its meant to be real" mindset.

Its better to have it as a true sandbox. That or make your own server and enforce your own rules. Or find a server with rules you like.

"Start crying after kill somebody:. Lol I'm for, but here should be option when creating new character: man, woman and emo kid or just loser and only crying for 3rd option. Man...

Have bandits suffer from uncontrollable sharts.

Then they'd be easier to detect as flies would always be present, as they are with dead bodies, so you'd be able to hear them.

this would basically destroy what it is all about in dayz! no way of playing must be punished!

Edited by joe_mcentire